In other news
krw
2020-07-08 15:18:10 UTC
we went out for lunch.

And keep the noise down as we are going on holiday!

Don't get excited it is Kent.

OTOH we are being allowed to inspect Canterbury Cathedral free
(re-opening special offer) and have bookings at a variety of distanced
eating houses.

Sunday lunch on the train got cancelled.

Day trip to France got cancelled.

Going to the zoo tomorrow (wife hates zoos but I have promised
meerkats). Well Monday - but it will be tomorrow on Sunday.

Afternoon tea at a four star hotel offering 5 star luxury.

And the prospect of Prospect Cottage.
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk
https://tinyurl.com/KRWpics
BrritSki
2020-07-08 15:45:31 UTC
Post by krw
we went out for lunch.
I'm off to London tomorrow to be crowned. [1]
Post by krw
And keep the noise down as we are going on holiday!
Us too, to Italy next week. Hurrah !
Post by krw
Going to the zoo tomorrow
Can Julie Felix come too ?
Post by krw
Afternoon tea at a four star hotel offering 5 star luxury.
And TNMSunak is going Dutch with you if yu wait until August !

[1] at the dentist, round 2.
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2020-07-08 16:20:56 UTC
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
the Omrud
2020-07-08 16:34:24 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
I've finally sold Mum's house. Rather than post the keys to the agent,
we're going on a day trip to Ludlow whenever the weather looks
reasonable. We may even call in at my sister's in Bridgnorth on the way
back.
David
Chris McMillan
2020-07-08 17:28:40 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
I've finally sold Mum's house. Rather than post the keys to the agent,
we're going on a day trip to Ludlow whenever the weather looks
reasonable. We may even call in at my sister's in Bridgnorth on the way
back.
Well done, Omrud! Tough though.

Sincerely Chris
the Omrud
2020-07-10 10:18:34 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by the Omrud
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
I've finally sold Mum's house. Rather than post the keys to the agent,
we're going on a day trip to Ludlow whenever the weather looks
reasonable. We may even call in at my sister's in Bridgnorth on the way
back.
Well done, Omrud! Tough though.
Thanks. Yes, although since I'd been in charge of Parents' finances for
several years (both had dementia), the actual process of probate and
handling the estate has been easy. I already knew where every penny of
their finances was.

We went yesterday on the promise of a cool day but no rain. Ha!
Drizzled all day, there and back. But we managed to call in to see my
sister for a distanced cup of tea and a biscuit. And I visited their
graves.
David
Mike
2020-07-10 10:23:49 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by the Omrud
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
I've finally sold Mum's house. Rather than post the keys to the agent,
we're going on a day trip to Ludlow whenever the weather looks
reasonable. We may even call in at my sister's in Bridgnorth on the way
back.
Well done, Omrud! Tough though.
Thanks. Yes, although since I'd been in charge of Parents' finances for
several years (both had dementia), the actual process of probate and
handling the estate has been easy. I already knew where every penny of
their finances was.
We went yesterday on the promise of a cool day but no rain. Ha!
Drizzled all day, there and back. But we managed to call in to see my
sister for a distanced cup of tea and a biscuit. And I visited their
graves.
Whatever was in the tea and biscuits!???
Toodle Pip
the Omrud
2020-07-10 12:16:10 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by the Omrud
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by the Omrud
[...]
Yes, I saw the problem and just couldn't be bothered to rework the
sentence. Retired, you see.
David
Mike
2020-07-10 13:50:45 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Mike
Post by the Omrud
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by the Omrud
[...]
It is because I am retired that I have time to wibble! Also of course, I
have been shielding since the Thursday before lockdown with just two trips
out (both to the Doctor’s Surgery!) BUT .... today we have been on the bus,
all the way to Woodley 1.5 miles there to have an Italian meal at a
restauraunt WHOOPEE! celebrating our 44th. Wedding anniversary.
Toodle Pip
Chris McMillan
2020-07-10 16:28:10 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by the Omrud
Post by Mike
Post by the Omrud
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by the Omrud
[...]
And very nice too. At long last muzak at a level where I could hear people
talking at the far end of the restaurant. Mostly I can’t hear a waiter or
McT right beside me.

Sincerely Chris
Vicky Ayech
That would be a plus now for me too if the places all do it.l
the Omrud
2020-07-11 15:47:31 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
And very nice too. At long last muzak at a level where I could hear people
talking at the far end of the restaurant. Mostly I can’t hear a waiter or
McT right beside me.
Somebody wrote into Saturday Live this morning to say he'd claimed to be
a Professor of Audiology (or something) in a noisy restaurant (pub?).
He asked them to help with an experiment by stopping talking and then
talking quietly. It took 20 minutes for the noise to get back to where
it had started.
David
Vicky Ayech
Congratulations!
Sam Plusnet
2020-07-10 22:17:23 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Mike
th
It is because I am retired that I have time to wibble! Also of course, I
have been shielding since the Thursday before lockdown with just two trips
out (both to the Doctor’s Surgery!) BUT .... today we have been on the bus,
all the way to Woodley 1.5 miles there to have an Italian meal at a
restauraunt WHOOPEE! celebrating our 44th. Wedding anniversary.
Congratulations!
+1
44 years and never a cross word I'm sure.

As lockdown was in full swing, we celebrated our anniversary with egg on
toast.
(I know how to cause women to swoon)
Sam Plusnet
Vicky Ayech
2020-07-11 06:42:17 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Mike
th
It is because I am retired that I have time to wibble! Also of course, I
have been shielding since the Thursday before lockdown with just two trips
out (both to the Doctor’s Surgery!) BUT .... today we have been on the bus,
all the way to Woodley 1.5 miles there to have an Italian meal at a
restauraunt WHOOPEE! celebrating our 44th. Wedding anniversary.
Congratulations!
+1
44 years and never a cross word I'm sure.
As lockdown was in full swing, we celebrated our anniversary with egg on
toast.
(I know how to cause women to swoon)
One of my favourite dinners is two boiled eggs in a glass with toast
or bread and butter for dipping. Reminds me of visits to Vienna as a
child and supper in a restaurant. Twei Eier im Glass fur dass Kind.

Also good is French toast. 14 year old grandson lives with vegan mum
half the time, but all the time now during lockdown. He is veggie but
eats happy eggs and missed French toast, so dad, who lives in
Holloway, came over with some to Highgate for him :). I asked if it
didn't get cold, but apparently it was in a foil container and was
still hot. That not son-in-law is the best dad.
Mike
2020-07-11 07:56:35 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Mike
th
[...]
One of our favourites for brekkers is a few spoonfuls of baked beans in a
ramekin with an egg cracked over the top and a few slithers of extra mature
Cheddar cheese lain on top. Seasoning; a sprinkle of herbes de provence,
fg black pepper and a dash of worcestercestershireshire sauce, all mixed
with the beans before adding the egg. The top of the cheese is lightly
adorned with freshly grated nutmeg before cooking in the microwave cooker
on half power until the egg just sets. Leave to stand for 2-3 minutes,
consume with home made bread / toast.
Toodle Pip
Jenny M Benson
2020-07-11 10:09:48 UTC
Post by Mike
One of our favourites for brekkers is a few spoonfuls of baked beans in a
ramekin with an egg cracked over the top
I cannot explain why, but I really don't like egg and baked beans
together. It's not that I dislike the taste, exactly, but that they
just don't seem to "go together" somehow.

It's similar (but not exactly the same) to how different styles of
potato go with different foods. I have baby potatoes, bakers,
croquettes and hash browns in the kitchen and which I eat depends very
much on what the rest of the meal is, but I think that is probably a
more universal thing.
Jenny M Benson
Sam Plusnet
2020-07-11 19:54:57 UTC
Post by Jenny M Benson
I cannot explain why, but I really don't like egg and baked beans
together.  It's not that I dislike the taste, exactly, but that they
just don't seem to "go together" somehow.
Wofe will just about tolerate both on the same plate (Full English
Breakfast for example), provided that there is some impermeable barrier
between the two.
Sam Plusnet
Mike
2020-07-12 07:24:41 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Jenny M Benson
I cannot explain why, but I really don't like egg and baked beans
together.  It's not that I dislike the taste, exactly, but that they
just don't seem to "go together" somehow.
Wofe will just about tolerate both on the same plate (Full English
Breakfast for example), provided that there is some impermeable barrier
between the two.
Like 24 hours perhaps?
Toodle Pip
Vicky Ayech
2020-07-12 08:13:07 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Jenny M Benson
I cannot explain why, but I really don't like egg and baked beans
together.  It's not that I dislike the taste, exactly, but that they
just don't seem to "go together" somehow.
Wofe will just about tolerate both on the same plate (Full English
Breakfast for example), provided that there is some impermeable barrier
between the two.
Like 24 hours perhaps?
If included as standard they should be in a separate ramekin. I don't
think they are really a breakfast thing: too hearty for first thing in
the morning. More a snack thing, on toast or with jacket potato.
Although Egyptians have Foules Mesdames, a bean dish. Not the same
beans.
Anne B
2020-07-12 09:56:04 UTC
Post by Jenny M Benson
Post by Mike
One of our favourites for brekkers is a few spoonfuls of baked beans in a
ramekin with an egg cracked over the top
I cannot explain why, but I really don't like egg and baked beans
together.
I can explain exactly why I don't like egg and baked beans together.

It's because I loathe eggs in all versions, including French toast,
boiled, fried, poached, scrambled, quiche, omelette, crème caramel,
custard etc etc.

I like baked beans.

Anne B
Joe Kerr
2020-07-12 17:35:27 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by Jenny M Benson
Post by Mike
One of our favourites for brekkers is a few spoonfuls of baked beans in a
ramekin with an egg cracked over the top
I cannot explain why, but I really don't like egg and baked beans
together.
I can explain exactly why I don't like egg and baked beans together.
It's because I loathe eggs in all versions, including French toast,
boiled, fried, poached, scrambled, quiche, omelette, crème caramel,
custard etc etc.
I like baked beans.
Anne B
We'd make a good team. I like eggs in all their non-runny forms. I
loathe baked beans.
Ric
Steve Hague
Steve
Serena Blanchflower
2020-07-12 19:59:51 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by Jenny M Benson
Post by Mike
One of our favourites for brekkers is a few spoonfuls of baked beans in a
ramekin with an egg cracked over the top
I cannot explain why, but I really don't like egg and baked beans
together.
I can explain exactly why I don't like egg and baked beans together.
It's because I loathe eggs in all versions, including French toast,
boiled, fried, poached, scrambled, quiche, omelette, crème caramel,
custard etc etc.
You are my brother and I claim my five cans of beans.

When we were young, he was adamant that he would throw up if he had
anything with egg in it and that there was no way it could be disguised.
He was horrified when I broke it to him (typical little sister!) that
they were an important part of his absolute favourite food, chocolate
cake! He immediately went to our mother to check this appalling news.

She'd been hoping he wouldn't realise this as she'd been worried that,
when he found out, he'd stop eating cake. Fortunately, he didn't and
accepted that the eggs were pretty well disguised in that.
Post by Anne B
I like baked beans.
So does he.
--
best wishes, Serena
Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last
Mike
2020-07-11 07:44:49 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Mike
th
It is because I am retired that I have time to wibble! Also of course, I
have been shielding since the Thursday before lockdown with just two trips
out (both to the Doctor’s Surgery!) BUT .... today we have been on the bus,
all the way to Woodley 1.5 miles there to have an Italian meal at a
restauraunt WHOOPEE! celebrating our 44th. Wedding anniversary.
Congratulations!
+1
44 years and never a cross word I'm sure.
As lockdown was in full swing, we celebrated our anniversary with egg on
toast.
(I know how to cause women to swoon)
We had a boiled egg with toast (Using home made ‘Cotswold Crunch’ bread,
natch).

I can’t say that we have ever entered for the ‘Dunmow Flitch Trials’ but,
we seem to get along year to year with no more than an occasional
difference of opinion over some minor matter.
No ‘swooning’ took place, but as this is a family newsgroup, I’ll leave it
at that ;-)
Toodle Pip
Chris McMillan
2020-07-11 12:02:20 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Mike
th
It is because I am retired that I have time to wibble! Also of course, I
have been shielding since the Thursday before lockdown with just two trips
out (both to the Doctor’s Surgery!) BUT .... today we have been on the bus,
all the way to Woodley 1.5 miles there to have an Italian meal at a
restauraunt WHOOPEE! celebrating our 44th. Wedding anniversary.
Congratulations!
+1
44 years and never a cross word I'm sure.
As lockdown was in full swing, we celebrated our anniversary with egg on
toast.
(I know how to cause women to swoon)
If they hadn’t announced the end of it at the end of the month, we would
have stayed put.

Sincerely Chris
the Omrud
2020-07-11 15:45:05 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by the Omrud
Post by Mike
Post by the Omrud
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by the Omrud
[...]
Excellent, good news and contratulations. We haven't ventured into a
restaurant yet.
David
Mike
2020-07-08 17:07:42 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
With what?
Toodle Pip
Chris McMillan
2020-07-08 17:28:41 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
With what?
And we are going all the way to ........ Woodley for lunch on Fri for 44th
wedding anniversary. All of a mile away!

At least we didn’t choose today.

Sincerely Chris
Sam Plusnet
2020-07-08 21:22:37 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by Mike
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
With what?
And we are going all the way to ........ Woodley for lunch on Fri for 44th
wedding anniversary. All of a mile away!
At least we didn’t choose today.
<faint voice> "I went down to the post box this evening."

I think I'm over the excitement now.
Sam Plusnet
Chris J Dixon
2020-07-09 07:11:08 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
<faint voice> "I went down to the post box this evening."
Sounds like the start of another dark "Talking Heads".

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham
***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
Plant amazing Acers.
Paul Herber
2020-07-08 19:31:59 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
With what?
A lathe, the weather might turn nice.
--
Regards, Paul Herber
https://www.paulherber.co.uk/
Joe Kerr
2020-07-08 20:39:14 UTC
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Mike
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
With what?
A lathe, the weather might turn nice.
I keep hearing that the weather is going to Brighton.
Ric
Mike
2020-07-09 08:20:05 UTC
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Mike
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
With what?
A lathe, the weather might turn nice.
I keep hearing that the weather is going to Brighton.
I think it might be Worthing’ing first...
Toodle Pip
Nick Leverton
2020-07-09 08:37:35 UTC
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Mike
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
With what?
A lathe, the weather might turn nice.
I keep hearing that the weather is going to Brighton.
I think it might be Worthing’ing first...
Hoven't we got anything better to do than a punthread ?

Nick
BrritSki
2020-07-09 11:17:46 UTC
Post by Nick Leverton
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Mike
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
With what?
A lathe, the weather might turn nice.
I keep hearing that the weather is going to Brighton.
I think it might be Worthing’ing first...
Hoven't we got anything better to do than a punthread ?
I was goring [1] to post something but I haven't got arundel it yet...

[1] by sea.
Mike
2020-07-09 13:13:09 UTC
Post by BrritSki
Post by Nick Leverton
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Mike
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
With what?
A lathe, the weather might turn nice.
I keep hearing that the weather is going to Brighton.
I think it might be Worthing’ing first...
Hoven't we got anything better to do than a punthread ?
I was goring [1] to post something but I haven't got arundel it yet...
[1] by sea.
Do you watch Streatley come dancing, I don’t think Marius would have seen
it as he did in 1998.
Toodle Pip
Penny
2020-07-08 20:48:00 UTC
On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 09:20:56 -0700 (PDT), Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
I'm considering heading west myself, I've been pining for a bit of
beachcombing. Not on a town beach though, somewhere up or down the coast a
bit from Aber. Last year I stayed on Ynyslas and was woken up at midnight
by local boy racers haring around the beach in their cars :(

Got to get the soft fruit picked first though.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959
Sam Plusnet
2020-07-08 21:23:50 UTC
Post by Penny
On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 09:20:56 -0700 (PDT), Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
I'm considering heading west myself, I've been pining for a bit of
beachcombing. Not on a town beach though, somewhere up or down the coast a
bit from Aber. Last year I stayed on Ynyslas and was woken up at midnight
by local boy racers haring around the beach in their cars :(
Got to get the soft fruit picked first though.
We never have to do that - the birds always get there first.
Sam Plusnet
Penny
2020-07-08 22:28:28 UTC
On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 22:23:50 +0100, Sam Plusnet <***@home.com> scrawled in
the dust...
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Penny
On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 09:20:56 -0700 (PDT), Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We might, with great daring, make a day trip to Aberystwyth next week.
I'm considering heading west myself, I've been pining for a bit of
beachcombing. Not on a town beach though, somewhere up or down the coast a
bit from Aber. Last year I stayed on Ynyslas and was woken up at midnight
by local boy racers haring around the beach in their cars :(
Got to get the soft fruit picked first though.
We never have to do that - the birds always get there first.
I realised the other day I have two pairs of pigeons which have taken to
roosting in the big apple tree. I had also noticed signs of damage on the
two dozen fruits on my tayberry. So for the first time ever, I have netted
some fruit against the birds. I'll happily share plums with them, and the
odd red currant or raspberry but you have to draw the line somewhere.
Sam Plusnet
2020-07-09 21:21:00 UTC
Post by Penny
the dust...
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Penny
[...]
On the occasions we have thrown some netting over a redcurrant bush, the
birds seem to sit on top of it and just peck through the mesh.

As we still don't get any fruit, and Wofe worries about a bird getting
trapped - we abandoned the attempt.

P.S. We too have wood pigeons who seem to settle in for a nap in the
top of the Bramley tree - but then they hang around in just about every
other spot in the garden, so why leave the apple tree out of it?
Sam Plusnet
Mike
2020-07-10 07:49:21 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
On the occasions we have thrown some netting over a redcurrant bush, the
birds seem to sit on top of it and just peck through the mesh.
I think that is why some gardeners employ a frame so that the cage prevents
little peckers from reaching the delectables. (Oy! BrritSki, leave those
peckers out of the matter!)
Toodle Pip
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2020-07-12 09:28:29 UTC
We went to the Aberystwyth area yesterday, The travel was rather fraught. Jill wanted to see a little church at Patrishow near ABergavenny. Our sat nav (Brenda the Navigator) took us on footlingly small lanes to a "road closed" sign. When we tried another road she offered us cart tracks to get there. We turned back and tried the other way from the closure and eventually got there. Closed, of course. Next we wanted the Talgarth/Bronllys road and just short of Talgarth found it closed because of a landslide. No diversion signs. So we had to retrace our steps and stay on the A40 as far as Brecon and then cut across, missing Bronllys Castle. Eventually we got as far as Devil's Bridge. The steam train we knew was shut. We thought we did not have the right shoes for the presumably spray-wet waterfall walk.
Mike
2020-07-12 09:43:26 UTC
[...]
Not a resoundingly successful trip then?
Toodle Pip
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Well, first since Wales was unlocked, so it was nice to be out and about.
the Omrud
2020-07-12 11:09:06 UTC
Post by Mike
[...]
We took our usual route to Shrewsbury the other day. It was only as we
crossed the border near Wrexham that we realised we should have wondered
about driving into Wales. Only to drive out again and back into
England, a little further on, but even so.

Turns out we were a couple of days after the rules had changed, so it
was legally OK.
David
Anne B
2020-07-12 10:09:25 UTC
[...]
I wouldn't trust a satnav as far as I could throw the car.

I have only three times tried to use mine to take me to a specific
address, and on all three occasions it has taken me to the wrong street
(one of them a kilometre from the right place).

It is incapable of finding the 'shortest' route and regularly tells me
how to go via a much longer route which may be quicker, but that is not
what I want.

It is also incapable of finding the quickest route if the quickest route
doesn't happen to be on A and B class roads.

It consistently fails to find a certain C class road which is on one of
my regular journeys until it is actually on it.

And it would send me down dirt tracks, farm roads and paths and up
precipices and across fields and dykes and into forests with locked
gates at the entrance.

It has never managed to warn me about any traffic jam where I have
actually been held up for a significant length of time, and it often
warns me about jams, roadworks and delays that don't exist.

When I am heading north and it warns me that there is traffic
information, it lists incidents well to the south of me, and vice versa.

It's quite nice to have a map to glance at, especially when I am driving
along a road that isn't in its database and the poor thing jumps about
frantically all over the place trying to work out how to direct me. It
is especially entertaining on the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route and
the Queensferry Crossing :)

It came as standard with the car. I would never have shelled out extra
for one.

Anne B
Mike
2020-07-12 10:15:43 UTC
Post by Anne B
[...]
But can it track the sheep / cows and tractors in Ambridge when they are
blocking the roads?
Toodle Pip
Penny
2020-07-12 11:33:39 UTC
On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 10:15:43 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Mike
But can it track the sheep / cows and tractors in Ambridge when they are
blocking the roads?
Now that *would* be useful!
Sally Thompson
2020-07-12 10:28:13 UTC
Post by Anne B
[...]
I use Waze, a free app downloaded onto my phone, which is in a little
holder on my dashboard. It's never failed me.
Sally in Shropshire, UK
BrritSki
2020-07-12 12:40:58 UTC
Post by Sally Thompson
Post by Anne B
[...]
I have a subscription to TomTom which I run as an app on my phone.
Similarly excellent, all over Europe...

One on the car is OK, but map is outof date. It's very funny when you
drive round the new Reims bypass to watch it get confused about me
apparently driving over a field :)
Vicky Ayech
2020-07-12 10:34:18 UTC
On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 11:09:25 +0100, Anne B
Post by Anne B
[...]
We had a Tomtom for years and then a new one but the last 2 cars came
with their own version and are rubbish. They do all the above. They
are sort of ok if I am really lost in London but if there is a detour
because of roadworks they are nuggering useless.
Tony Smith Gloucestershire

We use GoogleMaps. Normally I like to have the OS map too, especially where there might be no signal for the phone, but on this trip we only had the Abergavenny and Aberystwyth sheets and not those between. For the journey back via Worcester and the M5, we just had the Leominster sheet.
Penny
2020-07-12 11:40:51 UTC
On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 11:34:18 +0100, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Vicky Ayech
We had a Tomtom for years and then a new one but the last 2 cars came
with their own version and are rubbish. They do all the above. They
are sort of ok if I am really lost in London but if there is a detour
because of roadworks they are nuggering useless.
Our first one, which Ray got cheap and did not want to pay for updates,
seemed to have a database so old it didn't know the M25 had been completed.
It was unaware of the M40, a route we often used, until we were on it.

The one time I was heading back to Wales from Kent and a stretch of that
motorway was closed, it took me ages, after wandering around several small
Oxfordshire lanes, to figure out where to ask it to take me so I could
rejoin the motorway further up. It kept trying to send me back to the
junction where I'd left it.
BrritSki
2020-07-12 12:42:20 UTC
Post by Penny
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Vicky Ayech
We had a Tomtom for years and then a new one but the last 2 cars came
with their own version and are rubbish. They do all the above. They
are sort of ok if I am really lost in London but if there is a detour
because of roadworks they are nuggering useless.
Our first one, which Ray got cheap and did not want to pay for updates,
seemed to have a database so old...
They are only as good as their mapping and also need a decent phone
signal to get current road conditions...
Penny
2020-07-12 14:07:56 UTC
On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 13:42:20 +0100, BrritSki <***@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by BrritSki
Post by Penny
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Vicky Ayech
We had a Tomtom for years and then a new one but the last 2 cars came
with their own version and are rubbish. They do all the above. They
are sort of ok if I am really lost in London but if there is a detour
because of roadworks they are nuggering useless.
Our first one, which Ray got cheap and did not want to pay for updates,
seemed to have a database so old...
They are only as good as their mapping and also need a decent phone
signal to get current road conditions...
I've never used a smart phone, the radio tells me traffic conditions
(Monday-Friday at least). The maps on that one did show the complete M25
and M40 but when asked to head for the junction between the two had no
result.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-07-12 12:41:32 UTC
On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 at 11:09:25, Anne B <***@btinternet.com>
wrote:
[]
Post by Anne B
I wouldn't trust a satnav as far as I could throw the car.
Oh, I find them quite fun. I called mine Sandra.
Post by Anne B
I have only three times tried to use mine to take me to a specific
address, and on all three occasions it has taken me to the wrong street
(one of them a kilometre from the right place).
That's where I _have_ found them useful - finding a specific address I
don't know when I get close to it. I wouldn't use them to plot a long
journey - I too prefer a road atlas for that.
Post by Anne B
It is incapable of finding the 'shortest' route and regularly tells me
how to go via a much longer route which may be quicker, but that is not
what I want.
There's usually a setting somewhere, where you can pick whether you want
the quickest, shortest, or cheapest.
Post by Anne B
It is also incapable of finding the quickest route if the quickest
route doesn't happen to be on A and B class roads.
Yes, they do have a preference for those. Or motorways.
Post by Anne B
It consistently fails to find a certain C class road which is on one of
my regular journeys until it is actually on it.
And it would send me down dirt tracks, farm roads and paths and up
precipices and across fields and dykes and into forests with locked
gates at the entrance.
Ah, they're infamous for that. I've only had it once or twice - see
http://255soft.uk/SatNav/ - which, considering it was cheapest I could
find (no updates), I don't mind at all.
Post by Anne B
It has never managed to warn me about any traffic jam where I have
actually been held up for a significant length of time, and it often
warns me about jams, roadworks and delays that don't exist.
Ah, you have a fancy one that connects to mobile data for such things.
Sometimes I've let my blind friend use Google Maps on her iPhone to
navigate, and that's pretty good in that respect.
[]
Post by Anne B
It's quite nice to have a map to glance at, especially when I am
driving along a road that isn't in its database and the poor thing
jumps about frantically all over the place trying to work out how to
direct me. It is especially entertaining on the Aberdeen Western
Peripheral Route and the Queensferry Crossing :)
My entertaining stretch used to be the A1 in the north of England (well,
south of the Tyne); a few years ago they rebuilt it a couple of hundred
yards to the side of where it used to be, for quite a long stretch; so
when travelling along it, my SatNav with the old maps was convinced I
was ploughing through the fields alongside. (Sadly I've broken it and
bought a new one.)
Post by Anne B
It came as standard with the car. I would never have shelled out extra
for one.
Anne B
Interesting; since it claims (however uselessly) to know about traffic
(mine doesn't - built-in maps only), it must connect to mobile data
somehow. Do you have to pay some sort of annual fee for the connection?

"The people here are more educated and intelligent. Even stupid people in
Britain are smarter than Americans." Madonna, in RT 30 June-6July 2001 (page
32)
Vicky Ayech
2020-07-12 13:02:25 UTC
On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 13:41:32 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Sometimes I've let my blind friend use Google Maps on her iPhone to
navigate, and that's pretty good in that respect.
Grandson was able to use his phone to direct me from about age 10 and
second daughter can do that too, although we all have a terrible sense
of direction. She admits she tells companions confidently this is the
way as they head off in the wrong direction, and I just feel confused
about which way is up or down :)
Joe Kerr
2020-07-12 17:37:26 UTC
Post by Anne B
On Wednesday, 8 July 2020 17:20:57 UTC+1, Tony Smith Gloucestershire
[...]
Don't worry about it. Wait until you get an autonomous car.
Ric
Nick Odell
2020-07-12 21:19:09 UTC
Post by Anne B
[...]
I went through a phase of putting my Amstrad PPC640 into the front
passenger seat of the car, plugging it into the cigar lighter socket
and booting it up into "AutoRoute." IIRC it gave me a choice of
shortest or fastest route and the options to include or exclude
motorways.

It was not much later than that when I gave up driving altogether
though I am not sure the two are connected.

Nick
Steve Hague
2020-07-13 06:55:07 UTC
Post by Anne B
[...]
I find mine invaluable, and has been used hundreds of times, although
much less since I retired. It's hardly ever let me down, and regularly
updates its maps for free. The only time I had a problem was my own
fault. I set it to find the shortest route between Redruth and Stevenage
in terms of miles rather than time, avoiding motorways. The route was
through four or five city centres, adding three hours to the journey time.
Steve
Mike
2020-07-13 07:17:27 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Anne B
[...]
Was that the ‘Inthroughcities’ route?
Toodle Pip
Penny
2020-07-13 08:16:03 UTC
On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 07:55:07 +0100, Steve Hague <***@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Steve Hague
The only time I had a problem was my own
fault. I set it to find the shortest route between Redruth and Stevenage
in terms of miles rather than time, avoiding motorways. The route was
through four or five city centres, adding three hours to the journey time.
That reminds me of the route chosen by my father when he drove us (me + d#1
and d#2, aged 10 and 4) to Heathrow (from Sittingbourne) on the Saturday
before Christmas for our flight to Australia. He was very familiar with the
South Circular, having lived in Streatham in the late '40s, and thought
that his knowledge of the route would serve us better than the more obvious
M25. Major travelling has always made me anxious, even when it doesn't
involve scheduled transport. I was shaking by the time we finally arrived
at the airport, over an hour later than intended. The flight was then
delayed for three hours.
Penny
2020-07-12 10:19:29 UTC
On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 02:28:29 -0700 (PDT), Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Eventually we got as far as Devil's Bridge. The steam train we knew was shut.
We thought we did not have the right shoes for the presumably spray-wet waterfall walk.
I've never climbed right down from the bridge to the Mynach. The first time
I was there, on a dull day in July, Ray wasn't fit enough to try and I only
went down the first part of the steps. Now I doubt I'd get further than
that because I'm not fit enough.
I think Anne Burgess did the whole walk down to Capel Bangor with the rest
of the group, where I met them for a very good lunch in the Tynllidiart
Arms <https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4553104> I think that's Anne in the
blue shirt.
Peter
2020-07-08 19:38:18 UTC
Post by krw
And keep the noise down as we are going on holiday!
Us too, to Italy next week. Hurrah !
Post by krw
Going to the zoo tomorrow
Can Julie Felix come too ?
Tom Paxton rather!
[1] at the dentist, round 2.
Steve Hague
2020-07-09 07:01:31 UTC
Post by BrritSki
Post by krw
Going to the zoo tomorrow
Can Julie Felix come too ?
I don't think she would be that welcome these days, unless they have
vultures.
Steve
John Ashby

john
Sid Nuncius
Steve Hague
2020-07-10 09:41:17 UTC
Post by John Ashby
Post by Steve Hague
Post by BrritSki
Post by krw
Going to the zoo tomorrow
Can Julie Felix come too ?
I don't think she would be that welcome these days, unless they have
vultures.
What the hell, BTN
Yes.
I want to say <sob> how honoured I am to receive this nomination. It
comes after years of support from my family, friends, director and
producer.<blubber> I certainly couldn't have done it without them, or
the contributions from many distinguished umrats over the years, a
learning curve indeed. I hope to go on to even greater things in the
future, having learned the fundamentals of bad taste from standing on
the shoulders of giants. Not that Wadlow person, obviously.
Steve
Mike
Toodle Pip
Sid Nuncius
2020-07-09 17:43:10 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by BrritSki
Post by krw
Going to the zoo tomorrow
Can Julie Felix come too ?
I don't think she would be that welcome these days, unless they have
vultures.
BTA!
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Mike, but the nomination has been
accepted.
Mike
2020-07-08 17:06:37 UTC
Post by krw
we went
Going to the zoo tomorrow
Are you going to stay all day?;-)
Toodle Pip
krw
2020-07-10 08:42:46 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by krw
we went
Going to the zoo tomorrow
Are you going to stay all day?;-)
probably not as the safari cars are not running as apparently you have
to sit near people!
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk
https://tinyurl.com/KRWpics
Mike
2020-07-10 09:52:23 UTC
Post by krw
Post by Mike
Post by krw
we went
Going to the zoo tomorrow
Are you going to stay all day?;-)
probably not as the safari cars are not running as apparently you have
to sit near people!
More a case of so-close-i cars then.
Toodle Pip
Paul Herber
2020-07-10 13:22:45 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by krw
Post by Mike
Post by krw
we went
Going to the zoo tomorrow
Are you going to stay all day?;-)
probably not as the safari cars are not running as apparently you have
to sit near people!
More a case of so-close-i cars then.
I gnu you'd say that
--
Regards, Paul Herber
https://www.paulherber.co.uk/
steveski
2020-07-11 00:05:41 UTC
Post by krw
Post by Mike
we went Going to the zoo tomorrow
Are you going to stay all day?;-)
probably not as the safari cars are not running as apparently you have
to sit near people!
But you wouldn't catch car owner virus.
Steveski
Mike
Toodle Pip
Chris J Dixon
2020-07-08 17:27:24 UTC
Post by krw
Going to the zoo tomorrow (wife hates zoos but I have promised
meerkats).
You'll have to let us know how they compare.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham
***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
Plant amazing Acers.
Mike
Toodle Pip
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-07-08 20:43:08 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by krw
Going to the zoo tomorrow (wife hates zoos but I have promised
meerkats).
You'll have to let us know how they compare.
Chris
:-))))))
(-:

I know they're apparently not nice, especially to each other.

But I saw some in a zoo^w wildlife park somewhere near Canterbury, quite
a few years ago - and they _are_ just as cute as they seem.

Air conditioned environment - Do not open Windows.
Chris McMillan
2020-07-09 12:31:42 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Mike
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by krw
Going to the zoo tomorrow (wife hates zoos but I have promised
meerkats).
You'll have to let us know how they compare.
Chris
:-))))))
I know they're apparently not nice, especially to each other.
But I saw some in a zoo^w wildlife park somewhere near Canterbury, quite
a few years ago - and they _are_ just as cute as they seem.
I’ve lived them since seeing them on “Zoo Quest” : I was about ten then: we
watched it at my boarding school. Big thing for me as my dad didn’t have
tv.

Sincerely Chris
Chris McMillan

Sincerely Chris
Mike
2020-07-09 13:06:13 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Mike
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by krw
Going to the zoo tomorrow (wife hates zoos but I have promised
meerkats).
You'll have to let us know how they compare.
Chris
:-))))))
I know they're apparently not nice, especially to each other.
But I saw some in a zoo^w wildlife park somewhere near Canterbury, quite
a few years ago - and they _are_ just as cute as they seem.
I’ve lived them since seeing them on “Zoo Quest” : I was about ten then: we
watched it at my boarding school. Big thing for me as my dad didn’t have
tv.
Sincerely Chris
Loved them.
Sincerely Chris
I lick them but not live them... ;-)
Toodle Pip
Joe Kerr
2020-07-09 14:38:36 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Mike
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by krw
Going to the zoo tomorrow (wife hates zoos but I have promised
meerkats).
You'll have to let us know how they compare.
Chris
:-))))))
I know they're apparently not nice, especially to each other.
But I saw some in a zoo^w wildlife park somewhere near Canterbury, quite
a few years ago - and they _are_ just as cute as they seem.
I’ve lived them since seeing them on “Zoo Quest” : I was about ten then: we
watched it at my boarding school. Big thing for me as my dad didn’t have
tv.
Sincerely Chris
Loved them.
Sincerely Chris
I lick them but not live them... ;-)
That's how pandemics start!
Ric
Mike
2020-07-09 16:26:09 UTC
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Mike
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Mike
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by krw
Going to the zoo tomorrow (wife hates zoos but I have promised
meerkats).
You'll have to let us know how they compare.
Chris
:-))))))
I know they're apparently not nice, especially to each other.
But I saw some in a zoo^w wildlife park somewhere near Canterbury, quite
a few years ago - and they _are_ just as cute as they seem.
I’ve lived them since seeing them on “Zoo Quest” : I was about ten then: we
watched it at my boarding school. Big thing for me as my dad didn’t have
tv.
Sincerely Chris
Loved them.
Sincerely Chris
I lick them but not live them... ;-)
That's how pandemics start!
Then they go viral!
Toodle Pip
Sam Plusnet
2020-07-09 21:24:36 UTC
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Mike
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Mike
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by krw
Going to the zoo tomorrow (wife hates zoos but I have promised
meerkats).
You'll have to let us know how they compare.
Chris
:-))))))
I know they're apparently not nice, especially to each other.
But I saw some in a zoo^w wildlife park somewhere near Canterbury, quite
a few years ago - and they _are_ just as cute as they seem.
I’ve lived them since seeing them on “Zoo Quest” : I was about ten then: we
watched it at my boarding school.  Big thing for me as my dad didn’t
have
tv.
Sincerely Chris
Loved them.
Sincerely Chris
I lick them but not live them... ;-)
That's how pandemics start!
Perhaps the next one will be a pandademic.
Sam Plusnet
Chris J Dixon
2020-07-10 07:16:23 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Mike
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Mike
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by krw
Going to the zoo tomorrow (wife hates zoos but I have promised
meerkats).
You'll have to let us know how they compare.
:-))))))
I know they're apparently not nice, especially to each other.
But I saw some in a zoo^w wildlife park somewhere near Canterbury, quite
a few years ago - and they _are_ just as cute as they seem.
I’ve lived them since seeing them on “Zoo Quest” : I was about ten
then: we
watched it at my boarding school.  Big thing for me as my dad didn’t
have
tv.
Loved them.
I lick them but not live them... ;-)
That's how pandemics start!
Perhaps the next one will be a pandademic.
You've now seen it in black and white?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham
***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
Plant amazing Acers.
Mike
Toodle Pip
Kosmo
2020-07-12 08:57:39 UTC
On Wed, 08 Jul 2020 18:27:24 +0100, Chris J Dixon
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by krw
Going to the zoo tomorrow (wife hates zoos but I have promised
meerkats).
You'll have to let us know how they compare.
Chris
Plant amazing Acers.
Today is Sunday. We are going to the zoo tomorrow.
Kosmo
Mike
2020-07-12 09:04:50 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by krw
Going to the zoo tomorrow (wife hates zoos but I have promised
meerkats).
You'll have to let us know how they compare.
Chris
Plant amazing Acers.
Today is Sunday. We are going to the zoo tomorrow.
But, today, we have the naming of parts...
Toodle Pip
Chris McMillan
2020-07-08 17:28:39 UTC
Post by krw
we went out for lunch.
And keep the noise down as we are going on holiday!
Don't get excited it is Kent.
OTOH we are being allowed to inspect Canterbury Cathedral free
(re-opening special offer) and have bookings at a variety of distanced
eating houses.
Sunday lunch on the train got cancelled.
Day trip to France got cancelled.
Going to the zoo tomorrow (wife hates zoos but I have promised
meerkats). Well Monday - but it will be tomorrow on Sunday.
Afternoon tea at a four star hotel offering 5 star luxury.
And the prospect of Prospect Cottage.
Yup, eating on trains is orff.

Sincerely Chris
Vicky Ayech
2020-07-08 21:23:10 UTC
On Wed, 08 Jul 2020 17:28:39 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by krw
we went out for lunch.
How did that work? I met #2 daughter at Kenwood and she got us coffees
and we sat on the grass to play with grandson and drink the coffees.
The actual cafe was only serving takeaways. But this was 2 weeks ago.
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by krw
And keep the noise down as we are going on holiday!
Don't get excited it is Kent.
Hotel or self-catering? I saw that some newspaper went round hotels
who were advertising very well-cleaned, virus-freee rooms and they
booked in twice, I forget why, into several places, and they had
equipment to test the sheets and towels for boliday traces, and found
a percent of the places, I think it was quite high, didn't change the
sheets. I want them changed anyway, never mind during this time.

Ah I have found it
https://www.boredpanda.com/not-cleaned-hotels-covid-19/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter
Sincerely Chris
krw
2020-07-10 08:46:50 UTC
Post by krw
we went out for lunch.
How did that work? I met #2 daughter at Kenwood and she got us coffees
and we sat on the grass to play with grandson and drink the coffees.
The actual cafe was only serving takeaways. But this was 2 weeks ago.
A woman said please sit here. Brought a menu but we ordered off of the
blackboard. She brought some drinks. She brought some food. We ate it
and then paid for it. Seemed to work very well.
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by krw
And keep the noise down as we are going on holiday!
Don't get excited it is Kent.
Hotel or self-catering? I saw that some newspaper went round hotels
who were advertising very well-cleaned, virus-freee rooms and they
booked in twice, I forget why, into several places, and they had
equipment to test the sheets and towels for boliday traces, and found
a percent of the places, I think it was quite high, didn't change the
sheets. I want them changed anyway, never mind during this time.
Caravan holiday. We take them annually. Should be simple.
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk
https://tinyurl.com/KRWpics
krw
2020-07-10 08:44:48 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by krw
we went out for lunch.
And keep the noise down as we are going on holiday!
Don't get excited it is Kent.
OTOH we are being allowed to inspect Canterbury Cathedral free
(re-opening special offer) and have bookings at a variety of distanced
eating houses.
Sunday lunch on the train got cancelled.
Day trip to France got cancelled.
Going to the zoo tomorrow (wife hates zoos but I have promised
meerkats). Well Monday - but it will be tomorrow on Sunday.
Afternoon tea at a four star hotel offering 5 star luxury.
And the prospect of Prospect Cottage.
Yup, eating on trains is orff.
Sincerely Chris
Apparently Shapps decided we had to wear muzzles on trains and forgot
that people cannot eat whilst wearing them. He is as big an idiot as
Grayling who apparently is about to be put in charge of intelligence.
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk
https://tinyurl.com/KRWpics
John Ashby
2020-07-10 09:00:25 UTC
Post by krw
Apparently Shapps decided we had to wear muzzles on trains and forgot
that people cannot eat whilst wearing them.  He is as big an idiot as
Grayling who apparently is about to be put in charge of intelligence.
And Satire dies another death.

john
Joe Kerr
2020-07-10 09:22:34 UTC
Post by krw
Apparently Shapps decided we had to wear muzzles on trains and forgot
that people cannot eat whilst wearing them.
I've seen someone smoking in a mask. More accurately, someone in a mask
waving a cigarette around, removing the mask, taking a puff and
replacing the mask.
Ric
Mike
2020-07-10 09:53:34 UTC
Post by krw
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by krw
we went out for lunch.
And keep the noise down as we are going on holiday!
Don't get excited it is Kent.
OTOH we are being allowed to inspect Canterbury Cathedral free
(re-opening special offer) and have bookings at a variety of distanced
eating houses.
Sunday lunch on the train got cancelled.
Day trip to France got cancelled.
Going to the zoo tomorrow (wife hates zoos but I have promised
meerkats). Well Monday - but it will be tomorrow on Sunday.
Afternoon tea at a four star hotel offering 5 star luxury.
And the prospect of Prospect Cottage.
Yup, eating on trains is orff.
Sincerely Chris
Apparently Shapps decided we had to wear muzzles on trains and forgot
that people cannot eat whilst wearing them. He is as big an idiot as
Grayling who apparently is about to be put in charge of intelligence.
Well that’s a union of strangers then!
Toodle Pip
Sid Nuncius
2020-07-08 18:40:08 UTC
Post by krw
Going to the zoo tomorrow
The animals will love it if you do!

The monkeys stand for honesty
Giraffes are insincere
And the elephants are kindly but they're dumb
Orangutans are skeptical of changes in their cages
And the zookeeper is very fond of rum
Zebras are reactionaries
Antelopes are missionaries
Pigeons plot in secrecy
And hamsters turn on frequently...

Er, sorry. Dunno what come over me, yer honour.
Peter
Is there a nearby hostelry where one may have a jar man?
krw
2020-07-10 08:47:38 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by krw
we went out for lunch.
And keep the noise down as we are going on holiday!
Don't get excited it is Kent.
OTOH we are being allowed to inspect Canterbury Cathedral free
(re-opening special offer) and have bookings at a variety of distanced
eating houses.
Sunday lunch on the train got cancelled.
Day trip to France got cancelled.
Going to the zoo tomorrow (wife hates zoos but I have promised
meerkats).  Well Monday - but it will be tomorrow on Sunday.
Afternoon tea at a four star hotel offering 5 star luxury.
And the prospect of Prospect Cottage.
Is there a nearby hostelry where one may have a jar man?
Yes the Pilot Inn. Also booked. Fish and Chips I expect.
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk