OT: What are the odds of that happening?
2021-09-16 14:13:44 UTC
I've just been working a bit on my Family History and consecutively
entered the burial details for 2 people (1st cousins once removed of
each other, but that's irrelevant, really!) who died about 20 years
apart. They were buried at 2 different churches in the same county.
One was entered in the first church's Register on page 234, entry number
1869. The other was entered in the other church's register on page 234,
entry number 1870!

Yes, I double-checked to be sure I hadn't made a mistake!
Wrexham, UK
Penny
2021-09-16 15:08:53 UTC
On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 15:13:44 +0100, Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk>
I've just been working a bit on my Family History and consecutively
entered the burial details for 2 people (1st cousins once removed of
each other, but that's irrelevant, really!) who died about 20 years
apart. They were buried at 2 different churches in the same county.
One was entered in the first church's Register on page 234, entry number
1869. The other was entered in the other church's register on page 234,
entry number 1870!
Yes, I double-checked to be sure I hadn't made a mistake!
I love such coincidences.
I know I've told umra before that my daughters, born 6 years apart have
almost identical NI numbers, D#2's has a final digit one
_lower_ than her sister's.
Clive Arthur
2021-09-16 15:20:05 UTC
I've just been working a bit on my Family History and consecutively
entered the burial details for 2 people (1st cousins once removed of
each other, but that's irrelevant, really!) who died about 20 years
apart. They were buried at 2 different churches in the same county.
One was entered in the first church's Register on page 234, entry number
1869. The other was entered in the other church's register on page 234,
entry number 1870!
Yes, I double-checked to be sure I hadn't made a mistake!
I love such coincidences.
I know I've told umra before that my daughters, born 6 years apart have
almost identical NI numbers, D#2's has a final digit one
_lower_ than her sister's.
From Wikipedia...

"In 1993, a one-off mass allocation of NI numbers was made to all
children under the age of 16 whose parents were in receipt of Child
Benefit. As a result of this, siblings who met the criteria above were
allocated NI numbers sequentially."
--
Cheers
Clive
Mike McMillan
2021-09-16 17:30:06 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
I've just been working a bit on my Family History and consecutively
entered the burial details for 2 people (1st cousins once removed of
each other, but that's irrelevant, really!) who died about 20 years
apart. They were buried at 2 different churches in the same county.
One was entered in the first church's Register on page 234, entry number
1869. The other was entered in the other church's register on page 234,
entry number 1870!
Yes, I double-checked to be sure I hadn't made a mistake!
I love such coincidences.
I know I've told umra before that my daughters, born 6 years apart have
almost identical NI numbers, D#2's has a final digit one
_lower_ than her sister's.
From Wikipedia...
"In 1993, a one-off mass allocation of NI numbers was made to all
children under the age of 16 whose parents were in receipt of Child
Benefit. As a result of this, siblings who met the criteria above were
allocated NI numbers sequentially."
So presumably, they have had to allocate a block of numbers (many of which
will not be used) to each family?
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Clive Arthur
2021-09-16 22:41:42 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Clive Arthur
I've just been working a bit on my Family History and consecutively
entered the burial details for 2 people (1st cousins once removed of
each other, but that's irrelevant, really!) who died about 20 years
apart. They were buried at 2 different churches in the same county.
One was entered in the first church's Register on page 234, entry number
1869. The other was entered in the other church's register on page 234,
entry number 1870!
Yes, I double-checked to be sure I hadn't made a mistake!
I love such coincidences.
I know I've told umra before that my daughters, born 6 years apart have
almost identical NI numbers, D#2's has a final digit one
_lower_ than her sister's.
From Wikipedia...
"In 1993, a one-off mass allocation of NI numbers was made to all
children under the age of 16 whose parents were in receipt of Child
Benefit. As a result of this, siblings who met the criteria above were
allocated NI numbers sequentially."
So presumably, they have had to allocate a block of numbers (many of which
will not be used) to each family?
Not sure why that would be the case?
--
Cheers
Clive WQ123456KJ
Mike McMillan
2021-09-17 07:16:07 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Clive Arthur
I've just been working a bit on my Family History and consecutively
entered the burial details for 2 people (1st cousins once removed of
each other, but that's irrelevant, really!) who died about 20 years
apart. They were buried at 2 different churches in the same county.
One was entered in the first church's Register on page 234, entry number
1869. The other was entered in the other church's register on page 234,
entry number 1870!
Yes, I double-checked to be sure I hadn't made a mistake!
I love such coincidences.
I know I've told umra before that my daughters, born 6 years apart have
almost identical NI numbers, D#2's has a final digit one
_lower_ than her sister's.
From Wikipedia...
"In 1993, a one-off mass allocation of NI numbers was made to all
children under the age of 16 whose parents were in receipt of Child
Benefit. As a result of this, siblings who met the criteria above were
allocated NI numbers sequentially."
So presumably, they have had to allocate a block of numbers (many of which
will not be used) to each family?
Not sure why that would be the case?
Yes, I should have thought that through a little more; I suppose as they
time-limited it, they could tell from records just how many registered
births there were in the period of time.
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Penny
2021-09-16 20:37:20 UTC
On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 16:20:05 +0100, Clive Arthur <***@nowaytoday.co.uk>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Penny
I love such coincidences.
I know I've told umra before that my daughters, born 6 years apart have
almost identical NI numbers, D#2's has a final digit one
_lower_ than her sister's.
From Wikipedia...
"In 1993, a one-off mass allocation of NI numbers was made to all
children under the age of 16 whose parents were in receipt of Child
Benefit. As a result of this, siblings who met the criteria above were
allocated NI numbers sequentially."
Ah, I wasn't aware of that, but still find it strange that the younger of
my two got the lower number.
Rosemary Miskin
2021-09-16 22:35:20 UTC
Ah, I wasn't aware of that, but still find it strange that the younger of
my two got the lower number.
Does the younger one have an earlier initial?

Rosemary