OT OCR?
agsmith578688@gmail.com Tony Smith Prestbury Glos.
2019-03-08 22:32:06 UTC
I have just been to a concert by a well-known local girls' boarding school. A fine performance, but never have I seen such badly proof-read Latin as in the programme. I wonder if it was generated by OCR rather than by a human. Presumably even in 2019 there are pupils or teachers who can read Latin.
steveski
2019-03-08 23:45:57 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com Tony Smith Prestbury Glos.
I have just been to a concert by a well-known local girls' boarding
school. A fine performance, but never have I seen such badly proof-read
Latin as in the programme. I wonder if it was generated by OCR rather
than by a human. Presumably even in 2019 there are pupils or teachers
who can read Latin.
Is that Cheltenham? My Mum went there.
Rosemary Miskin
2019-03-09 11:19:27 UTC
Is that Cheltenham? My Mum went there.
And me. When was she there?

Rosemary
steveski
2019-03-09 16:37:20 UTC
Post by Rosemary Miskin
Post by steveski
Is that Cheltenham? My Mum went there.
And me. When was she there?
1930s - a bit before your time I suspect, Rosemary :-)
2019-03-09 17:03:24 UTC
Post by Rosemary Miskin
Post by steveski
Is that Cheltenham? My Mum went there.
And me. When was she there?
1930s - a bit before your time I suspect, Rosemary :-)
ITYM Thyme!
Rosemary Miskin
2019-03-09 18:04:33 UTC
1930s - a bit before your time I suspect, Rosemary :-)
Just a bit!

Rosemary
agsmith578688@gmail.com Tony Smith Prestbury Glos.
2019-03-09 20:00:59 UTC
Yes, though Westonbirt also fits my description.