Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - week ending 12th July 2019
2019-07-03 08:09:48 UTC

Jazzer McCreary - Ryan Kelly
Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Peggy Woolley - June Spencer

Director : Dave Payne
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Gillian Richmond

Spoilers:
Sunday 7th - Jim vows to do the right thing and Tom has a difficult
subject to raise.
Monday 8th - Lilian's birthday does not go as planned and Eddie's latest
scheme starts to bear fruit.
Tuesday 9th - Jazzer oversteps the mark and Alice faces a challenging
day.
Wednesday 10th - Shula finds herself in need of a friend and Clarrie
faces a problem at Grange Farm.
Thursday 11th - There is an unexpected visitor at Greenacres and Will
demands answers.
Friday 12th - Recent events threaten to overwhelm Alistair, and Adam has
a change of heart.
2019-07-03 10:09:51 UTC
Tom Archer - William Troughton
Natasha Archer - Mali Harries
Phoebe Aldridge - Lucy Morris
Lilian Bellamy - Sunny Ormonde
Susan Carter - Charlotte Martin
Alice Carter - Hollie Chapman
Ian Craig - Stephen Kennedy
Ruairi Donovan - Arthur Hughes
Rex Fairbrother - Nick Barber
Toby Fairbrother - Rhys Bevan
Eddie Grundy - Trevor Harrison
Clarrie Grundy - Heather Bell
Will Grundy - Philip Molloy
Emma Grundy - Emerald O'Hanrahan
Ed Grundy - Barry Farrimond
Shula Hebden Lloyd - Judy Bennett
Alistair Lloyd - Michael Lumsden
Jim Lloyd - John Rowe
Fiona Lloyd - Adjoa Andoh
Adam Macy - Andrew Wincott
Jazzer McCreary - Ryan Kelly
Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Peggy Woolley - June Spencer
Director : Dave Payne
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Gillian Richmond
Sunday 7th - Jim vows to do the right thing and Tom has a difficult
subject to raise.
I think Jim would have been happier if Shula had not dragooned Snappy
into having the party Jim didn't want and if she had not invited all
those people from his past.Since she did and he is not having to deal
with all the emotions of his past I hope she is not included in the
debate about how to resolve things. She has no business in that
family's affairs now, other than wanting to know and not having enough
to do.

I am wondering whether Jim will want to just let things settle donw
and get back onto an even keel and I hope Jim and Jazzer restrain
themselves and their horror and let him. It is not up to them to say
Something Should Be Done. And action by an over-excited Jazzer will
in the end involve Jim in some way and might compromise his wish for
privacy, or at least for the world not to know. Or do victims always
want it to be revealed so their pain is known and the culprit shunned?
I am not so sure.

I hope the right thing here for Jim is what he wants but vowing to do
it does sound as if they are prodding him to go to report things. I
bet bloody Shula would.

Tom might be told by Natasha that it is not just his family goods that
must be protected but the good of her family so he has to sign an
agreement too. I did wonder if that is why she is ok about it. But the
fifficult subject is more likely to be that he wants to enter Peggy's
competition.
Post by carolet
Monday 8th - Lilian's birthday does not go as planned and Eddie's latest
scheme starts to bear fruit.
I hope she has a good party at the Bull. From a previous spoiler
somewhere I think Justin is annoyed at her being busy there and not
spending more time with him, so I hope he is not going to do something
not nice. Maybe he will whisk her away.
Post by carolet
Tuesday 9th - Jazzer oversteps the mark and Alice faces a challenging
day.
Oh dear. I hope Jazzer can remember it is Jim's life and past and back
off. Alice might have work challenges.
Post by carolet
Wednesday 10th - Shula finds herself in need of a friend and Clarrie
faces a problem at Grange Farm.
Shula has Elizabeth, hasn't she? We haven't heard from LL lately. I
suppose Jill is busy with her beau. I hope the Grange Farm thing is
not Joe related or Tim related. Tim isnot in the cast list but...
Post by carolet
Thursday 11th - There is an unexpected visitor at Greenacres and Will
demands answers.
The wheelchair man to make sure Jim won't report him? I hope not.
Will will want to know if Ed is keeping his hands clean. Or what Mia
is doing over the holidays.
Post by carolet
Friday 12th - Recent events threaten to overwhelm Alistair, and Adam has
a change of heart.
Snappy and Jim should take a road drip,. A quiet and gentle visit to a
few places away from Jazzer, Shula etc.

It is a bit late to not want the baby now, isn't it? Or not want Ian?
John Ashby
2019-07-03 10:32:32 UTC
[...]
I disagree. Jim has been important in Shula's life for some considerable
time, and just because she's fallen out of love with Alastair, that
doesn't change. Nor does her friendship with Alastair who she respects
as Dan's surrogate father, as her companion for mumblety-mum years and
as a fine, experienced vet. So if Jim's hurt is affecting Alastair, she
has a double reason to be interested in resolving it. How she does it is
another matter, and it should be respectful and sensitive which, on a
good day, Shula can be.
Post by Vicky Ayech
I am wondering whether Jim will want to just let things settle donw
and get back onto an even keel and I hope Jim and Jazzer restrain
themselves and their horror and let him. It is not up to them to say
Something Should Be Done.
This is true, but it is for them (and if necessary, Shula) to help him
express what he does want done, to make sure that it is his true wish,
and then to facilitate it.
Post by Vicky Ayech
And action by an over-excited Jazzer will
in the end involve Jim in some way and might compromise his wish for
privacy, or at least for the world not to know. Or do victims always
want it to be revealed so their pain is known and the culprit shunned?
I am not so sure.
With victims/survivors there is no "always". There is only "How do you
want to deal with it?"
Post by Vicky Ayech
I hope the right thing here for Jim is what he wants but vowing to do
it does sound as if they are prodding him to go to report things. I
bet bloody Shula would.
What he needs, and Alastair was hinting at it the other day, is to talk
to a non-judgmental experienced counsellor who can help him decide what
he does want.

2019-07-03 11:18:42 UTC
On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 11:32:32 +0100, in uk.media.radio.archers you
[...]
But Jim never liked her and quite recently put her off just before her
event at the church, which led to her doubting herself. Then he told
her home truths which showed he was not a fan at all. Then after her
doubt she tried to get on the vicar track. And foiled there she jumped
into arranging poor Jim's party. I thought her pushing that, when he
didn't want one, and then pushing into the house after it, were pretty
insensitive.
Post by Vicky Ayech
I hope the right thing here for Jim is what he wants but vowing to do
it does sound as if they are prodding him to go to report things. I
bet bloody Shula would.
What he needs, and Alastair was hinting at it the other day, is to talk
to a non-judgmental experienced counsellor who can help him decide what
he does want.
john
I suppose counselling might be the right thing but only if he wants
it. I am not sure I would want it.
John Ashby
2019-07-03 12:25:40 UTC
[...]
One should not rely on Jim's post-split behaviour. As Alastair's only
parent he may have felt the need to be (over-)protective, especially
given his own parents' failre to protect him (though I doubt the
scenario was as well or as long thought out as that). Before that,
although Jim had his misgivings, he and Shula had a mercurial
relationship but both respected the other's feeling for Alastair.
Post by Vicky Ayech
Then after her
doubt she tried to get on the vicar track. And foiled there she jumped
into arranging poor Jim's party. I thought her pushing that, when he
didn't want one, and then pushing into the house after it, were pretty
insensitive.
Gauche, perhaps, but coming from a place of love.
I hope the right thing here for Jim is what he wants but vowing to do
it does sound as if they are prodding him to go to report things. I
bet bloody Shula would.
What he needs, and Alastair was hinting at it the other day, is to talk
to a non-judgmental experienced counsellor who can help him decide what
he does want.
john
I suppose counselling might be the right thing but only if he wants
it. I am not sure I would want it.
I didn't say he would want it, only that he needs it. He may have to
sink further to recognise that need. I hope he does (recognise it, that
is) in the hope of TA giving a positive message about how to respond to
Jim's story, as opposed to Helen's botched escape attempt.

2019-07-03 16:45:20 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
[...]
The article on this said the writer wanted to tackle the subject. The
BBC seems to be having a cover child abuse season. There is a tv 4
parter, Dark Money, began yesterday.
Mike
2019-07-03 17:05:17 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
[...]
Aunty never covers a current hobby horse in half measures!
2019-07-03 17:08:42 UTC
On Wed, 03 Jul 2019 17:45:20 +0100, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
The
BBC seems to be having a cover child abuse season. There is a tv 4
parter, Dark Money, began yesterday.
Yesterday?
Digiguide tells me it is on 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th of July.
2019-07-03 17:38:16 UTC
The
BBC seems to be having a cover child abuse season. There is a tv 4
parter, Dark Money, began yesterday.
Yesterday?
Digiguide tells me it is on 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th of July.
‘And available on iPlayer for .....’
2019-07-03 17:58:40 UTC
The
BBC seems to be having a cover child abuse season. There is a tv 4
parter, Dark Money, began yesterday.
Yesterday?
Digiguide tells me it is on 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th of July.
‘And available on iPlayer for .....’
Yes, sorry I assumed it was every Tuesday but it's Mon/Tues for two
weeks.

Mike
2019-07-03 17:53:11 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
[...]
‘And if you have been, thank you for watching - as long as you have a
current extortionately priced licence that allows us to pay the ‘talent’
such inflated fees....’