Totally O/T Air miles
2019-06-11 09:15:32 UTC
Not being a flyer, I have not used my Avios/British Airways/Mybank and
goodness knows who else’s points and have accumulated 12,000 plus points -
do these have real value other than polluting the airways please?
2019-06-11 09:17:04 UTC
Not being a flyer, I have not used my Avios/British Airways/Mybank and
goodness knows who else’s points and have accumulated 12,000 plus points -
do these have real value other than polluting the airways please?
Err..... perhaps I should send that question to Nocasha!
2019-06-11 10:54:30 UTC
Not being a flyer, I have not used my Avios/British Airways/Mybank and
goodness knows who else’s points and have accumulated 12,000 plus points -
do these have real value other than polluting the airways please?
The web sites for these different schemes usually have a sort-of Green
Shield Stamps catalogue of the items you may purchase (in addition to
seat upgrades, luggage allowances and other stuff that is connected with
flying) and you may redeem the the points for prizes. (What do points
mean?????)

Most schemes will also allow you to donate your points to charity: it
might be worth finding out if the charity of your choice is geared up
towards receiving them.

That may or may not be helpful: the only reason I belong to an airline
membership scheme is because I found that emails that often didn't even
get answered at all would be answered quite quickly if I quoted a
membership number and the only time I've used points was to gain an
extra baggage allowance at check-in. So I'm not exactly an experienced user.