OT: Turn Left
2020-11-20 06:31:42 UTC
Do my electrons seem fitter and healthier and more full of energy[1]
than before? Did this message reach your screen a little faster? Could
it be because the messages now don't have to travel so far to reach
most of you?

Nick
[1]I know... I know...
krw
2020-11-20 10:02:56 UTC
Do my electrons seem fitter and healthier and more full of energy[1]
than before? Did this message reach your screen a little faster? Could
it be because the messages now don't have to travel so far to reach
most of you?
Nick
[1]I know... I know...
Who knows where they go between your fingers and my screen, but
apparently sending less of them would be good.
2020-11-20 11:14:55 UTC
On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 06:31:42 +0000, Nick Odell
Post by Nick Odell
Do my electrons seem fitter and healthier and more full of energy[1]
than before? Did this message reach your screen a little faster? Could
it be because the messages now don't have to travel so far to reach
most of you?
Nick
[1]I know... I know...
Does this mean you are no longer in S America?
2020-11-20 12:18:18 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Do my electrons seem fitter and healthier and more full of energy[1]
than before? Did this message reach your screen a little faster? Could
it be because the messages now don't have to travel so far to reach
most of you?
Nick
[1]I know... I know...
Does this mean you are no longer in S America?
Yup!

Yesterday, I started my 14 days solitary confinement in Huddersfield.

2020-11-20 12:26:57 UTC
On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 at 12:18:18, Nick Odell
Post by Nick Odell
Do my electrons seem fitter and healthier and more full of energy[1]
than before? Did this message reach your screen a little faster? Could
it be because the messages now don't have to travel so far to reach
most of you?
Nick
[1]I know... I know...
Does this mean you are no longer in S America?
Yup!
Yesterday, I started my 14 days solitary confinement in Huddersfield.
Nick
Oh, welcome back! Sorry you didn't manage to get passage until the onset
of winter^w cold season here.

What finally triggered you being able to return - or was it no
particular thing, just the wheels of admin., flight availability, etc.
finally turning to the right point?
Won't you come into the garden? I would like my roses to see you. -Richard
Nick Odell
2020-11-20 20:23:04 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Do my electrons seem fitter and healthier and more full of energy[1]
than before? Did this message reach your screen a little faster? Could
it be because the messages now don't have to travel so far to reach
most of you?
Nick
[1]I know... I know...
Does this mean you are no longer in S America?
Yup!
Yesterday, I started my 14 days solitary confinement in Huddersfield.
Nick
Oh, welcome back! Sorry you didn't manage to get passage until the onset
of winter^w cold season here.
What finally triggered you being able to return - or was it no
particular thing, just the wheels of admin., flight availability, etc.
finally turning to the right point?
The country has been quite literally closed since the middle of March.
Commercial flights were only allowed to return from the start of
November. Until that time only rescue flights and those specially
authorised by the government of Argentina were permitted. In
emergency, I could have applied for a seat on one of those flights but
for various reasons - apart from the copious paperwork that would have
been involved in getting permission, I would have had to lie about the
emergency and possibly deny a seat to someone who really needed it etc
etc - I decided to wait until normal aviation rules applied.

Nick
Steve Hague
2020-11-20 15:58:37 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Do my electrons seem fitter and healthier and more full of energy[1]
than before? Did this message reach your screen a little faster? Could
it be because the messages now don't have to travel so far to reach
most of you?
Nick
[1]I know... I know...
Does this mean you are no longer in S America?
Yup!
Yesterday, I started my 14 days solitary confinement in Huddersfield.
Nick
That just reminded me of one the two football matches I went to in the
early 1970s, which would have been Sheffield United vs Huddersfield
Town. The visiting fans were chanting "Udders, udders, udders" and I
briefly considered saying something about cattle, but wisdom prevailed.
2020-11-20 17:22:30 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Do my electrons seem fitter and healthier and more full of energy[1]
than before? Did this message reach your screen a little faster? Could
it be because the messages now don't have to travel so far to reach
most of you?
Nick
[1]I know... I know...
Does this mean you are no longer in S America?
Yup!
Yesterday, I started my 14 days solitary confinement in Huddersfield.
Nick
That just reminded me of one the two football matches I went to in the
early 1970s, which would have been Sheffield United vs Huddersfield
Town. The visiting fans were chanting "Udders, udders, udders" and I
briefly considered saying something about cattle, but wisdom prevailed.
Steve
She was only the Yorkshire dairyman's daughter...

2020-11-20 16:13:50 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Do my electrons seem fitter and healthier and more full of energy[1]
than before? Did this message reach your screen a little faster? Could
it be because the messages now don't have to travel so far to reach
most of you?
Nick
[1]I know... I know...
Does this mean you are no longer in S America?
Yup!
Yesterday, I started my 14 days solitary confinement in Huddersfield.
Nick
Ooohhhh!! Welcome back to soggy U.K!

2020-11-20 20:59:54 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Do my electrons seem fitter and healthier and more full of energy[1]
than before? Did this message reach your screen a little faster? Could
it be because the messages now don't have to travel so far to reach
most of you?
Nick
[1]I know... I know...
Does this mean you are no longer in S America?
Yup!
Yesterday, I started my 14 days solitary confinement in Huddersfield.
Early summer in Argentina - to early winter in Huddersfield.
You're a brave man Nick.

Pull up a crumpet & sit by the fire.

Welcome home.
2020-11-21 13:20:02 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Do my electrons seem fitter and healthier and more full of energy[1]
than before? Did this message reach your screen a little faster? Could
it be because the messages now don't have to travel so far to reach
most of you?
Nick
[1]I know... I know...
Does this mean you are no longer in S America?
Yup!
Yesterday, I started my 14 days solitary confinement in Huddersfield.
Early summer in Argentina - to early winter in Huddersfield.
You're a brave man Nick.
Pull up a crumpet & sit by the fire.
Welcome home.
Thank you.

It feels a bit like I'm living in a pre-Aslan Narnia: always one
country or another's winter and never Christmas.