Ask EU: Hair Trimmers
2020-11-01 15:34:51 UTC
Having discovered how relatively easy it is to use my beard
trimmer to cut my hair, I don't think I will be going back to the
barber again, even when times improve.

Done weekly, it remains moderately neat all the time, compared
with having it done every 5 weeks or so, when it looks more than
a little shaggy during the later weeks.

I feel it may be time to look for a better device, since the
beard trimmer is a bit slow. As I do the task in the bathroom, I
would prefer battery power, ideally with replaceable batteries,
so it might take some finding.

Has anybody any recommendations?

***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
2020-11-01 15:49:19 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Having discovered how relatively easy it is to use my beard
trimmer to cut my hair, I don't think I will be going back to the
barber again, even when times improve.
Done weekly, it remains moderately neat all the time, compared
with having it done every 5 weeks or so, when it looks more than
a little shaggy during the later weeks.
I feel it may be time to look for a better device, since the
beard trimmer is a bit slow. As I do the task in the bathroom, I
would prefer battery power, ideally with replaceable batteries,
so it might take some finding.
Has anybody any recommendations?
I have a Wahl rechargeable that seems to last for many cuts without
plugging back in...
Peter
2020-11-01 18:10:29 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Having discovered how relatively easy it is to use my beard
trimmer to cut my hair, I don't think I will be going back to the
barber again, even when times improve.
Done weekly, it remains moderately neat all the time, compared
with having it done every 5 weeks or so, when it looks more than
a little shaggy during the later weeks.
I feel it may be time to look for a better device, since the
beard trimmer is a bit slow. As I do the task in the bathroom, I
would prefer battery power, ideally with replaceable batteries,
so  it might take some finding.
Has anybody any recommendations?
I have a Wahl rechargeable that seems to last for many cuts without
plugging back in...
According to Am*z*n there are many. May I ask what model you use?

(One of them is called a body trimmer. The bind moggles.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wahl-14-in-1-Chromium-Multi-Groomer/dp/B01KZN0IJY/ref=sr_1_14?crid=3FC20AWF6DAAD&dchild=1&keywords=wahl+rechargeable+beard+trimmer&qid=1604254193&sprefix=Wahl+rechargeable%2Caps%2C202&sr=8-14)
--
When, once, reference was made to a statesman almost universally
recognized as one of the villains of this century, in order to
Ernst Specker on Paul Bernays
Mike McMillan
2020-11-01 18:50:35 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by BrritSki
Post by Chris J Dixon
[...]
I could do with a trimmer body.
Peter
2020-11-01 18:05:57 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Having discovered how relatively easy it is to use my beard
trimmer
May I ask what beard trimmer you use?
Chris J Dixon
2020-11-01 22:01:15 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Chris J Dixon
Having discovered how relatively easy it is to use my beard
trimmer
May I ask what beard trimmer you use?
It is a Panasonic ER2403.

<https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PANASONIC-ER2403K-MENS-Cordless-Battery-Powered-WET-DRY-BEARD-TRIMMER-ER2403/392090865853>

***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
Plant amazing Acers.
Peter
2020-11-01 22:07:09 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Peter
Post by Chris J Dixon
Having discovered how relatively easy it is to use my beard
trimmer
May I ask what beard trimmer you use?
It is a Panasonic ER2403.
<https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PANASONIC-ER2403K-MENS-Cordless-Battery-Powered-WET-DRY-BEARD-TRIMMER-ER2403/392090865853>
Commendably inexpensive! Thank you.
Sjouke Burry
2020-11-02 02:34:29 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
to cut my hair, I don't think I will be going back to the
barber again, even when times improve.
Done weekly, it remains moderately neat all the time, compared
with having it done every 5 weeks or so, when it looks more than
a little shaggy during the later weeks.
I feel it may be time to look for a better device, since the
beard trimmer is a bit slow. As I do the task in the bathroom, I
would prefer battery power, ideally with replaceable batteries,
so it might take some finding.
Has anybody any recommendations?
Chris
Google for WAHL haircutter.
some come with a li-ion battery and a charger stand.
I use an AC model, not a batttery one.
My old one served for about 30 years.

Sam Plusnet
2020-11-01 22:44:28 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Having discovered how relatively easy it is to use my beard
trimmer to cut my hair, I don't think I will be going back to the
barber again, even when times improve.
Done weekly, it remains moderately neat all the time, compared
with having it done every 5 weeks or so, when it looks more than
a little shaggy during the later weeks.
I feel it may be time to look for a better device, since the
beard trimmer is a bit slow. As I do the task in the bathroom, I
would prefer battery power, ideally with replaceable batteries,
so it might take some finding.
Has anybody any recommendations?
There's a lot to be said for "slow".
It may now take you longer than you would wish, but there is little
chance of an ill-considered moment shearing off huge chunks of hair that
will take months to repair.

Consider the risks inherent in a sneezing fit.
2020-11-01 23:35:31 UTC
On Sun, 01 Nov 2020 15:34:51 +0000, Chris J Dixon <***@cdixon.me.uk>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Chris J Dixon
Having discovered how relatively easy it is to use my beard
trimmer to cut my hair, I don't think I will be going back to the
barber again, even when times improve.
Done weekly, it remains moderately neat all the time, compared
with having it done every 5 weeks or so, when it looks more than
a little shaggy during the later weeks.
I feel it may be time to look for a better device, since the
beard trimmer is a bit slow. As I do the task in the bathroom, I
would prefer battery power, ideally with replaceable batteries,
so it might take some finding.
Has anybody any recommendations?
I have no personal experience but both d#2* and her husband use clippers
and my recommendation is, don't do it directly over the sink, use a bowl or
something to catch the bits.
Whenever I stay with them, one of the first things I do is clean out the
bathroom plug hole because it drains so s l o w l y from all those tiny
bits of clipped hair.

* she had her head shaved to raise money for the ME Association one year
and so appreciated the lack of hair that she learned to do it herself and
now keeps it just a few millimetres long all the time.