O/T - The Corrupted on R4
2021-05-14 12:51:12 UTC
AnyotherRats been listening to G.F. Newman’s drama on Radio 4 (final 4
episodes in the final series next Monday-Thursday as the afternoon Drama)?
IMNSHO a darn good series - and worryingly, so true to life (though I’m
sure I’m not the only one to wish it weren’t so true to life as I think it
really is!) Possibly well worth a listen if AnyRat hasn’t so far done so.
Hellerat
2021-05-22 05:42:51 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
AnyotherRats been listening to G.F. Newman’s drama on Radio 4 (final 4
episodes in the final series next Monday-Thursday as the afternoon Drama)?
IMNSHO a darn good series - and worryingly, so true to life (though I’m
sure I’m not the only one to wish it weren’t so true to life as I think it
really is!) Possibly well worth a listen if AnyRat hasn’t so far done so.
I've listened to it over the years, Mike, I thought I'd heard the last series a while
back, so will go and ferret this latest one out on Sounds. I was going to say "Lovely
Jubbly" but it's not quite that, is it!

I have found it really scary and I hoped it wasn't as true to life as it sounds.. The
corruption! The menacing voice of the narrator, an actor whose name completely escapes me,
is extremely atmospheric, I find.
--
Yassas,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Hellerat
Mike McMillan
2021-05-22 06:47:30 UTC
Post by Hellerat
Post by Mike McMillan
AnyotherRats been listening to G.F. Newman’s drama on Radio 4 (final 4
episodes in the final series next Monday-Thursday as the afternoon Drama)?
IMNSHO a darn good series - and worryingly, so true to life (though I’m
sure I’m not the only one to wish it weren’t so true to life as I think it
really is!) Possibly well worth a listen if AnyRat hasn’t so far done so.
I've listened to it over the years, Mike, I thought I'd heard the last series a while
back, so will go and ferret this latest one out on Sounds. I was going to say "Lovely
Jubbly" but it's not quite that, is it!
I have found it really scary and I hoped it wasn't as true to life as it sounds.. The
corruption! The menacing voice of the narrator, an actor whose name completely escapes me,
is extremely atmospheric, I find.
G.F. Newman was interviewed on FedUp; though this was the final season, he
did teasingly say that he would listen if the Beeb cared to ask about
another series…
... set in the boardroom of the BBC.
Mike McMillan
2021-05-22 10:21:35 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Hellerat
Post by Mike McMillan
[...]
Oh Yes Please!!!
It is fully time some very over-paid executives were knocked off their
perches…