Shopping
2021-01-13 17:10:03 UTC
Oh well, off to Lidl in the morning:

Not impressed with Tesco: almost at the end of the delivery slot, the
driver brings just 13 items and tries to leave substitutes (when we have
said no substitutes), no chilled items, (may come later but no time given)
and I’m not sure about the frozen as the box was not even cold. Tried to
palm us off (or will do if they ever arrive) with stir fry that is use by
tomorrow.
2021-01-13 17:46:27 UTC
On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 17:10:03 GMT, Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
Not impressed with Tesco: almost at the end of the delivery slot, the
driver brings just 13 items and tries to leave substitutes (when we have
said no substitutes), no chilled items, (may come later but no time given)
and I’m not sure about the frozen as the box was not even cold. Tried to
palm us off (or will do if they ever arrive) with stir fry that is use by
tomorrow.
I have T and Morrisons alternatte weeks. T was ok last time but M
didn't send the 3 meals B likes. 0/3 and the half price, 1 pound not 2
pounds, on offer item I ordered 10 of came but full price. But to be
fair they have now refunded.
Jenny M Benson
2021-01-13 19:04:06 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Not impressed with Tesco: almost at the end of the delivery slot, the
driver brings just 13 items and tries to leave substitutes (when we have
said no substitutes), no chilled items, (may come later but no time given)
and I’m not sure about the frozen as the box was not even cold. Tried to
palm us off (or will do if they ever arrive) with stir fry that is use by
tomorrow.
I get e-mails every day from Iceland telling me they have thousands of
slots for next day delivery. Was very surprised on Monday to find that
the next available slot was Friday. Really needed some things before
then so tried elsewhere: Asda was no better but Morrison's happened to
have just one slot for Tuesday morning so I went ahead and did my shopping.

Got to the checkout and realised the debit card I'd last used there had
expired and I had accidentally left my handbag in my sister's car last
week and the contents were put in the post to me that day so I didn't
have my new card to hand and didn't have the number recorded anywhere.
Unlike Iceland, Morrison's don't offer PayPal.

Gave up at that point, but logged in to Iceland again yesterday
(Tuesday) and found they now had free slots to-morrow.

Talking of Iceland, had some really nice stuff from them for Christmas
and their Christmas Cake (recommended by Good Housekeeping) was
excellent. My sis said she would definitely by an Iceland Christmas
Cake next year - high praise indeed!
2021-01-13 19:17:46 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Not impressed with Tesco: almost at the end of the delivery slot, the
driver brings just 13 items and tries to leave substitutes (when we have
said no substitutes), no chilled items, (may come later but no time given)
and I’m not sure about the frozen as the box was not even cold. Tried to
palm us off (or will do if they ever arrive) with stir fry that is use by
tomorrow.
Don't you know there's a war on?