I am becoming increasingly irate about the depiction of the move from Home Farm
2018-12-24 19:24:41 UTC
I'm usually forgiving about missing details, multiple days don't
compress well into 12 minutes, but the description of the move just
seems extraordinary. Are Jenny and Brian disassembling the beds and
moving the mattresses by themselves? Who is moving his wine cellar and
to where? Surely temperature-control is important to a connoisseur?
DavidK
2018-12-24 19:29:28 UTC
Post by DavidK
I'm usually forgiving about missing details, multiple days don't
compress well into 12 minutes, but the description of the move just
seems extraordinary. Are Jenny and Brian disassembling the beds and
moving the mattresses by themselves? Who is moving his wine cellar and
to where? Surely temperature-control is important to a connoisseur?
PS I forgot to say, but my money is on Kate making the offer. She has
thought all along that their intent to move was bluff and I think she
thought she would call their bluff. When she realised that they were
going ahead she dropped the offer in an attempt to wriggle out of the
offer but that hasn't worked so she has run away*

*or alternatively, her best friend is doing panto work.
Serena Blanchflower
2018-12-24 20:09:44 UTC
Post by DavidK
I'm usually forgiving about missing details, multiple days don't
compress well into 12 minutes, but the description of the move just
seems extraordinary. Are Jenny and Brian disassembling the beds and
moving the mattresses by themselves? Who is moving his wine cellar and
to where? Surely temperature-control is important to a connoisseur?
Agreed. It's ridiculous at the moment.
If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude (Maya Angelou)
Chris McMillan
2018-12-25 08:04:43 UTC
Post by DavidK
I'm usually forgiving about missing details, multiple days don't
compress well into 12 minutes, but the description of the move just
seems extraordinary. Are Jenny and Brian disassembling the beds and
moving the mattresses by themselves? Who is moving his wine cellar and
to where? Surely temperature-control is important to a connoisseur?
Agreed. It's ridiculous at the moment.
Very silly. I have made an effort to physically pack almost single handed
a three bed two reception/kitchen house and having spent six weeks of a
couple of hours a week just looking about and packing papers and little
things I hadn’t got far when it was suggested I put it on the market ASAP.
It was likely to cost repairs again. It took two men ten hours including a
couple of hours taking the van to the tip to clear. That was longer than
they’d anticipated they admitted. It’ll take J, even with help, more than
a matter of days to pack hers surely: all that china and glass etc.
presumably Ruairi did clear his own belongings(with Ben’s help!?)

2018-12-25 09:08:28 UTC
On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 08:04:43 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by DavidK
[...]
I don't think we should presume that. He is a spoiled little
..er..fellow. I don't think he does any household tasks and Jenny
probably waits on him and Brian hand and foot. And Ben has real chores
to perform on the farm, is going to be helping Jill make Christmas
food, unless David keeps his promise, and won't want to go over to
Home Farm to get in the way. Or will want to keep out of the way :)
2018-12-25 09:24:33 UTC
I don't think we should presume that. He is a spoiled little
..er..fellow. I don't think he does any household tasks and Jenny
probably waits on him and Brian hand and foot. And Ben has real chores
to perform on the farm, is going to be helping Jill make Christmas
food, unless David keeps his promise, and won't want to go over to
Home Farm to get in the way. Or will want to keep out of the way :)
And didn’t Ben negotiate a special rate for Christmas day work with David?
2018-12-25 19:00:18 UTC
Post by DavidK
[...]
Well, how she’s going to get everything packed I can’t imagine. Grump,
grump .....