OT - Piranesi
2021-09-09 18:04:05 UTC
Piranesi by Susanna Clarke has won this years Women's Prize For Fiction.
I thought it was brilliant and I can recommend it to those umrats who
may not have read it.

Er...that's it.
--
Sid
2021-09-09 18:42:01 UTC
Piranesi by Susanna Clarke has won this years Women's Prize For Fiction.
 I thought it was brilliant and I can recommend it to those umrats who
may not have read it.
Thanks for the recommendation. I heard about it this morning (and the
fact that, since writing her previous book, Jonathan Strange and Mr
Norrell, she had had CFS/ME) and thought it sounded intriguing. Having
bought a copy from Audible, I'm glad to have the recommendation confirmed.
Some people's idea of [free speech] is that they are free to say what
they like, but if anyone says anything back, that is an outrage.
(Winston Churchill)