UMRA birthday info for 15 March 2020
Birthday Monitor
2020-03-15 07:14:59 UTC
Birthday News for today, 15 March: Benjamin Archer, Eddie Grundy and
Hazel (Wunderkind) McMillan.
2020-03-15 08:17:41 UTC
Happy birthday, Hazel. Please pass it on, mum and dad of.
Mike
2020-03-15 09:07:32 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 15 March: Benjamin Archer, Eddie Grundy and
Hazel (Wunderkind) McMillan.
Happy birthday, Hazel. Please pass it on, mum and dad of.
Wunderkind says “Thank you umra “.
2020-03-15 11:08:22 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 15 March: Benjamin Archer, Eddie Grundy and
Hazel (Wunderkind) McMillan.
Happy birthday, Hazel. Please pass it on, mum and dad of.
Wunderkind says “Thank you umra “.
Are you two seeing Hazel and kids? Or a facetime birthday party? £2
daughter just suggested we can skype. They haven't before but it would
be nice, long as grandson will. I recall other grandson used to wander
off and get bored.
Sally Thompson
2020-03-15 11:55:42 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 15 March: Benjamin Archer, Eddie Grundy and
Hazel (Wunderkind) McMillan.
Happy birthday, Hazel. Please pass it on, mum and dad of.
Wunderkind says “Thank you umra “.
Are you two seeing Hazel and kids? Or a facetime birthday party? £2
daughter just suggested we can skype. They haven't before but it would
be nice, long as grandson will. I recall other grandson used to wander
off and get bored.
Has anyone on here used talky instead of Skype? <https://talky.io/>

A friend recommended it as he thinks Skype is evil! I plan to try it out
this week to see how it works in practice. Friend says it has the advantage
that you don't have to install anything.
2020-03-15 13:31:45 UTC
On 15 Mar 2020 11:55:42 GMT, Sally Thompson
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 15 March: Benjamin Archer, Eddie Grundy and
Hazel (Wunderkind) McMillan.
Happy birthday, Hazel. Please pass it on, mum and dad of.
Wunderkind says ?Thank you umra ?.
Are you two seeing Hazel and kids? Or a facetime birthday party? £2
daughter just suggested we can skype. They haven't before but it would
be nice, long as grandson will. I recall other grandson used to wander
off and get bored.
Has anyone on here used talky instead of Skype? <https://talky.io/>
A friend recommended it as he thinks Skype is evil! I plan to try it out
this week to see how it works in practice. Friend says it has the advantage
that you don't have to install anything.
I did seem to have to give it permissions to access camera and mike. I
have just instaslled it. Had to name a room. WIll msg room to you on
fb?
Kate B
2020-03-15 13:51:05 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
The other system lots of people I know are using is Zoom - you can have
up to 100 people at a time for 40 minutes on the free plan. We could
have a virtual Umra BBQ! The average laptop screen might be a bit
challenged, though :)
2020-03-15 13:59:00 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
I hate downloading software.Is zoom complicated? Talky was very
simple. I just need someone to talk to.
Chris McMillan
2020-03-15 18:52:33 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
Thanks for that tidbit on the free plan. I must check how long my group
are using it for.

2020-03-15 16:44:26 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
Sorry Vicky, wasn't around.
2020-03-15 17:54:54 UTC
On 15 Mar 2020 16:44:26 GMT, Sally Thompson
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
.I meant need someone to test it with. That wasn't a cry for help :)
We don't go out that much anyway.
Chris McMillan
2020-03-15 18:52:32 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 15 March: Benjamin Archer, Eddie Grundy and
Hazel (Wunderkind) McMillan.
Happy birthday, Hazel. Please pass it on, mum and dad of.
Wunderkind says “Thank you umra “.
Are you two seeing Hazel and kids? Or a facetime birthday party? £2
daughter just suggested we can skype. They haven't before but it would
be nice, long as grandson will. I recall other grandson used to wander
off and get bored.
Has anyone on here used talky instead of Skype? <https://talky.io/>
A friend recommended it as he thinks Skype is evil! I plan to try it out
this week to see how it works in practice. Friend says it has the advantage
that you don't have to install anything.
Never heard of it. Zoom is an excellent conference app across all
platforms and works well internationally. I’ve not used it yet but several
people I know have, I’ve downloaded to use at a moment’s notice.

2020-03-15 18:52:31 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 15 March: Benjamin Archer, Eddie Grundy and
Hazel (Wunderkind) McMillan.
Happy birthday, Hazel. Please pass it on, mum and dad of.
Wunderkind says “Thank you umra “.
Are you two seeing Hazel and kids? Or a facetime birthday party? £2
daughter just suggested we can skype. They haven't before but it would
be nice, long as grandson will. I recall other grandson used to wander
off and get bored.
Not today, we’re getting ready for some decorating in the morning. No room
for visitors.