UMRA birthday info for 9 February 2020
Birthday Monitor
2020-02-09 07:20:09 UTC
Birthday News for today, 9 February: SODAM and William Grundy.
2020-02-09 07:59:32 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 9 February: SODAM and William Grundy.
Happy birthday, Sodders!
SODAM
2020-02-09 16:12:26 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 9 February: SODAM and William Grundy.
Happy birthday, Sodders!
<gracious inclination of the head> Thank you for your fealty, Sidders,
MOPMOB.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Mike
2020-02-09 18:39:18 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 9 February: SODAM and William Grundy.
Happy birthday, Sodders!
<gracious inclination of the head> Thank you for your fealty, Sidders,
MOPMOB.
Oh that’s where his fealty went then!
d***@gmail.com
2020-02-09 20:42:17 UTC
Happy Birthday SODAM. Thank you for getting off my parade, now I can take part in yours.

I have quite enjoyed this de-lurk. See you again next year!

Pauline
SODAM
2020-02-09 21:08:07 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Happy Birthday SODAM. Thank you for getting off my parade, now I can take part in yours.
I have quite enjoyed this de-lurk. See you again next year!
We enjoyed having you Pauline. Please don’t disappear again.
Thank you for your good wishes.
Jenny M Benson
2020-02-09 09:31:39 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 9 February: SODAM and William Grundy.
Many happy returns of what I hope will be a splendid day, Sodam!

(And back in the dim and distant when I listened, I liked William
Grundy, so best wishes to him too. I don't think he's as bad as the SWs
apparently try to make him out to be!)
SODAM
2020-02-09 21:11:24 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 9 February: SODAM and William Grundy.
Many happy returns of what I hope will be a splendid day, Sodam!
(And back in the dim and distant when I listened, I liked William
Grundy, so best wishes to him too. I don't think he's as bad as the SWs
apparently try to make him out to be!)
Thank you, Jenny. Your good wishes came true! Ok, we had to cancel lunch
with my granddaughter in London because of the weather but we had lots of
M&S food in-house and managed quite nicely. There were ten candles on the
cake, each representing several years.

And I put the large, empty choc box into the
Recycling. There will be calorie penance this coming week.
Chris McMillan
2020-02-10 09:40:48 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 9 February: SODAM and William Grundy.
Many happy returns of what I hope will be a splendid day, Sodam!
(And back in the dim and distant when I listened, I liked William
Grundy, so best wishes to him too. I don't think he's as bad as the SWs
apparently try to make him out to be!)
Very belated birthday wishes, SODAM.

2020-02-09 11:16:36 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 9 February: SODAM and William Grundy.
Ahem, mi-mi-mi, (steps forward and assumes an operatic stance, you may
want to adjust the volume)

Happy bir (top G) thday, dear Sodders, happy birthday to you!!!!!

(retires, bowing, hand on heart)
2020-02-09 14:24:46 UTC
Post by Kate B
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 9 February: SODAM and William Grundy.
Ahem, mi-mi-mi, (steps forward and assumes an operatic stance, you may
want to adjust the volume)
Happy bir (top G) thday, dear Sodders, happy birthday to you!!!!!
(retires, bowing, hand on heart)
Applause! I can't match that. HBT SODAM, though.
(Do we know Bingo's birthday?)

The average age of a single mum in this country is 37
- Jane Rackham, RT 2016/5/28-6/3
Mike
2020-02-09 14:48:41 UTC
Post by Kate B
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 9 February: SODAM and William Grundy.
Ahem, mi-mi-mi, (steps forward and assumes an operatic stance, you may
want to adjust the volume)
Happy bir (top G) thday, dear Sodders, happy birthday to you!!!!!
(retires, bowing, hand on heart)
Applause! I can't match that. HBT SODAM, though.
(Do we know Bingo's birthday?)
That’ll be a Dog Day won’t it?
2020-02-10 01:49:56 UTC
Post by Kate B
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 9 February: SODAM and William Grundy.
Ahem, mi-mi-mi, (steps forward and assumes an operatic stance, you may
want to adjust the volume)
Happy bir (top G) thday, dear Sodders, happy birthday to you!!!!!
(retires, bowing, hand on heart)
Applause! I can't match that. HBT SODAM, though.
(Do we know Bingo's birthday?)
Bingo’s birthday is January 14th.
A splendid day was had by all, thank you, Jpeg. Presents, cake, chocs,
greetings from umra, cards from grandsprogs, and a special rendering of
“Happy Birthday” from Kate B. Who could wish for more?
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
I don't know if the birthday monitor would store that - given Bingo is a
sort of honorary UMRAt, perhaps an exception could be made if not ...

There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.
CALVIN AND HOBBES, according to a @qikipedia tweet 2019-9-9.
SODAM
2020-02-09 21:15:48 UTC
Post by Kate B
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 9 February: SODAM and William Grundy.
Ahem, mi-mi-mi, (steps forward and assumes an operatic stance, you may
want to adjust the volume)
Happy bir (top G) thday, dear Sodders, happy birthday to you!!!!!
(retires, bowing, hand on heart)
SODAM appears in celebratory robes , leading a procession of oiled Nubian
slaves, who are pulling golden chariots piled high with bouquets for Kate
B. SODAM intones a
short paeon and exits stage left, pursued by a bear.
Kate B
2020-02-09 23:04:37 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Kate B
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 9 February: SODAM and William Grundy.
Ahem, mi-mi-mi, (steps forward and assumes an operatic stance, you may
want to adjust the volume)
Happy bir (top G) thday, dear Sodders, happy birthday to you!!!!!
(retires, bowing, hand on heart)
SODAM appears in celebratory robes , leading a procession of oiled Nubian
slaves, who are pulling golden chariots piled high with bouquets for Kate
B. SODAM intones a
short paeon and exits stage left, pursued by a bear.
Oh how delightful! And how thoughtful of you to leave behind the
Nubians. I'm sure we shall all have a simply lovely time among the rose
petals once we've rubbed all the oil in.
:)
BrritSki
Oiled or well-oiled Nubian slaves ?
Chris J Dixon
2020-02-10 10:01:01 UTC
Post by SODAM
SODAM appears in celebratory robes , leading a procession of oiled Nubian
slaves, who are pulling golden chariots piled high with bouquets for Kate
B. SODAM intones a
short paeon and exits stage left, pursued by a bear.
Oiled or well-oiled Nubian slaves ?
I can't help myself resurrecting this story from "My Word" of the
eastern potentate who wanted to ski. No water, so he gathered his
minions who undulated as he travelled along their greased torsos
on a large tray.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I'm sliding a gong on the chest of a slave...

***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
2020-02-10 14:20:22 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by BrritSki
Post by SODAM
SODAM appears in celebratory robes , leading a procession of oiled Nubian
slaves, who are pulling golden chariots piled high with bouquets for Kate
B. SODAM intones a
short paeon and exits stage left, pursued by a bear.
Oiled or well-oiled Nubian slaves ?
I can't help myself resurrecting this story from "My Word" of the
eastern potentate who wanted to ski. No water, so he gathered his
minions who undulated as he travelled along their greased torsos
on a large tray.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I'm sliding a gong on the chest of a slave...
Chris
Those were real quality groans. Much missed.

the plural of 'anecdote' is not 'evidence'. Professor Edzart Ernst, prudential
magazine, AUTUMN 2006, p. 13.
steveski
2020-02-09 12:08:37 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 9 February: SODAM and William Grundy.
Happy birthday, SODAM!
SODAM
2020-02-09 21:36:24 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 9 February: SODAM and William Grundy.
Happy birthday, SODAM!
Thank you, Steveski. It has been, very.
steveski
2020-02-10 01:11:49 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by steveski
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 9 February: SODAM and William Grundy.
Happy birthday, SODAM!
Thank you, Steveski. It has been, very.
You're more than welcome :-)
2020-02-09 13:47:38 UTC
Happy birthday! I hope you're enjoying your day and managing not to be
blown away ;)
I tried to catch some fog, but I mist
Sam Plusnet
2020-02-09 21:06:14 UTC
Happy birthday!  I hope you're enjoying your day and managing not to be
blown away ;)
Indeed. Just hang on to one of those hippos for safety.
SODAM
2020-02-09 21:50:45 UTC
Happy birthday!  I hope you're enjoying your day and managing not to be
blown away ;)
Indeed. Just hang on to one of those hippos for safety.
I’m afraid I have become heavy enough not to be blown away. Nothing to do
with the chocolates, you understand.
SODAM
2020-02-09 21:50:44 UTC
Happy birthday! I hope you're enjoying your day and managing not to be
blown away ;)
Thank you, Serena. Our trip to London was cancelled so we weren’t blown
away literally though we were metaphorically.