Who should get trampled?
2019-01-19 22:28:38 UTC
I'm currently reading The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson.
Apparently, according to him, cows are more dangerous than bulls, they
attack walkers all the time. In one 8-week period in 2009 four people
were trampled.One was a vet out walking her dogs. Another was a
university lecturer, trampled by an angry herd; the fourth serious
attack on walkers in five years by the same herd!

I wonder whether Helen's cows are really going to be sweet. Or maybe
the Brookfield herd get annoyed and don't like the new set-up. Or are
disturbed by the building work. We've had cows escaping because gates
were left open but no attacks. That might be a good way to end the
Lexi story. Or get rid of Philip.
Penny
2019-01-19 23:16:56 UTC
On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 22:28:38 +0000, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
I'm currently reading The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson.
Apparently, according to him, cows are more dangerous than bulls, they
attack walkers all the time. In one 8-week period in 2009 four people
were trampled.One was a vet out walking her dogs. Another was a
university lecturer, trampled by an angry herd; the fourth serious
attack on walkers in five years by the same herd!
Blimey!

IME cows are usually fairly placid, unless they have their calves with
them. No one could blame them for feeling humans are the enemy in that
situation.

Keeping cows with calves in a field with a public footpath through it seems
a daft thing to do.
Post by Vicky Ayech
I wonder whether Helen's cows are really going to be sweet. Or maybe
the Brookfield herd get annoyed and don't like the new set-up. Or are
disturbed by the building work. We've had cows escaping because gates
were left open but no attacks. That might be a good way to end the
Lexi story. Or get rid of Philip.
Far too gory for TA (I hope).
2019-01-20 00:20:53 UTC
https://theconversation.com/when-cows-attack-how-dangerous-are-cattle-and-how-can-you-stay-safe-around-them-79524
2019-01-20 18:43:17 UTC
I wonder whether Helen's cows are really going to be sweet. Or maybe
the Brookfield herd get annoyed and don't like the new set-up. Or are
disturbed by the building work. We've had cows escaping because gates
were left open but no attacks. That might be a good way to end the
Lexi story. Or get rid of Philip.
Far too gory for TA (I hope).
Well, it wasn't as bad as trampling, but it came close - Brian's
epilepsy (which hasn't been mentioned for ages; was it officially signed
off as OK? _Can_ that sort of epilepsy _ever_ be declared "gone for
good"?) was caused by an attack by a mad cow, which IIRR involved Brian
being found on the ground near the cow in question.

JPG
---

--
Are petitions unfair? See 255soft.uk (YOUR VOTE COUNTS)! [Pass it on.]

resentment is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die -
attributed to Carrie Fisher by Gareth McLean, in Radio Times 28 January-3
February 2012
Serena Blanchflower
2019-01-20 20:54:25 UTC
Well, it wasn't as bad as trampling, but it came close - Brian's
epilepsy (which hasn't been mentioned for ages; was it officially signed
off as OK? _Can_ that sort of epilepsy _ever_ be declared "gone for
good"?) was caused by an attack by a mad cow, which IIRR involved Brian
being found on the ground near the cow in question.
Yes, it's not too unusual to have a seizure, or even a couple of
them[1], following a head injury but to make a full recovery and not
have any further trouble. Brian may have been put on anti-seizure
meds, as a precaution, and still be taking them though. If they aren't
causing any significant side effects, they'd probably decide to leave
him on them, rather than stop them and discover the hard way whether he
had needed them or not.

[1] IIRC, Brian had a second seizure, some months after the first.
If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style. (Quentin Crisp)
Mike
2019-01-20 09:02:05 UTC
I'm currently reading The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson.
Apparently, according to him, cows are more dangerous than bulls, they
attack walkers all the time. In one 8-week period in 2009 four people
were trampled.One was a vet out walking her dogs. Another was a
university lecturer, trampled by an angry herd; the fourth serious
attack on walkers in five years by the same herd!
I wonder whether Helen's cows are really going to be sweet. Or maybe
the Brookfield herd get annoyed and don't like the new set-up. Or are
disturbed by the building work. We've had cows escaping because gates
were left open but no attacks. That might be a good way to end the
Lexi story. Or get rid of Philip.
Has tom named one of his pigs Napoleon?
BTN?
Sid Nuncius
2019-01-20 10:39:02 UTC
I'm currently reading The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson.
Apparently, according to him, cows are more dangerous than bulls, they
attack walkers all the time. In one 8-week period in 2009 four people
were trampled.One was a vet out walking her dogs. Another was a
university lecturer, trampled by an angry herd; the fourth serious
attack on walkers in five years by the same herd!
I wonder whether Helen's cows are really going to be sweet. Or maybe
the Brookfield herd get annoyed and don't like the new set-up. Or are
disturbed by the building work. We've had cows escaping because gates
were left open but no attacks. That might be a good way to end the
Lexi story. Or get rid of Philip.
Has tom named one of his pigs Napoleon?
BTN?
Nope. A clever reference, but not BT.
2019-01-20 11:34:41 UTC
On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 10:39:02 +0000, Sid Nuncius
I'm currently reading The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson.
Apparently, according to him, cows are more dangerous than bulls, they
attack walkers all the time. In one 8-week period in 2009 four people
were trampled.One was a vet out walking her dogs. Another was a
university lecturer, trampled by an angry herd; the fourth serious
attack on walkers in five years by the same herd!
I wonder whether Helen's cows are really going to be sweet. Or maybe
the Brookfield herd get annoyed and don't like the new set-up. Or are
disturbed by the building work. We've had cows escaping because gates
were left open but no attacks. That might be a good way to end the
Lexi story. Or get rid of Philip.
Has tom named one of his pigs Napoleon?
BTN?
Nope. A clever reference, but not BT.
Actually I can't remember what Napoleon Pig did. I assumed he killed a
human? Or another pig?
BrritSki
2019-01-20 11:58:58 UTC
[...]
Animal Farm...

Talking of which there was a very funny reference the other day about
some nerd clearing out his Great Uncle's house and finding a copy
wishing good errm, wishes to Gruncle and signed by "some bloke called
Eric Blair".
Penny
2019-01-20 12:21:02 UTC
On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 11:58:58 +0000, BrritSki <***@gmail.com>
Animal Farm...
Talking of which there was a very funny reference the other day about
some nerd clearing out his Great Uncle's house and finding a copy
wishing good errm, wishes to Gruncle and signed by "some bloke called
Eric Blair".
Adrian Mole, I think.
That's the umbrella...
Mike
2019-01-20 13:42:11 UTC
Animal Farm...
Talking of which there was a very funny reference the other day about
some nerd clearing out his Great Uncle's house and finding a copy
wishing good errm, wishes to Gruncle and signed by "some bloke called
Eric Blair".
Adrian Mole, I think.
That's the umbrella...
‘The Unbelievable Truth’ would have one believe that hanging a dead mole
around a babies neck helps with teething!
2019-01-20 19:09:50 UTC
Animal Farm...
Talking of which there was a very funny reference the other day about
some nerd clearing out his Great Uncle's house and finding a copy
wishing good errm, wishes to Gruncle and signed by "some bloke called
Eric Blair".
Adrian Mole, I think.
That's the umbrella...
‘The Unbelievable Truth’ would have one believe that hanging a dead mole
around a babies neck helps with teething!
To be fair, they said that people used to believe that hanging a
mole...etc. Not quite the same thing. And true.
2019-01-20 20:23:02 UTC
On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 11:58:58 +0000, BrritSki
Animal Farm...
Talking of which there was a very funny reference the other day about
some nerd clearing out his Great Uncle's house and finding a copy
wishing good errm, wishes to Gruncle and signed by "some bloke called
Eric Blair".
Adrian Mole, I think.
That's the umbrella...
‘The Unbelievable Truth’ would have one believe that hanging a dead mole
around a babies neck helps with teething!
To be fair, they said that people used to believe that hanging a
mole...etc.  Not quite the same thing.  And true.
Is that a LeCarre reference?
Rosalind Mitchell
2019-01-20 23:41:26 UTC
On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 11:58:58 +0000, BrritSki
Animal Farm...
Talking of which there was a very funny reference the other day about
some nerd clearing out his Great Uncle's house and finding a copy
wishing good errm, wishes to Gruncle and signed by "some bloke called
Eric Blair".
Adrian Mole, I think.
That's the umbrella...
‘The Unbelievable Truth’ would have one believe that hanging a dead mole
around a babies neck helps with teething!
To be fair, they said that people used to believe that hanging a
mole...etc.  Not quite the same thing.  And true.
Is that a LeCarre reference?
Partly. Neck neatly broken but no rope involved.

Rosie
John Ashby
2019-01-21 05:24:39 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 11:58:58 +0000, BrritSki
Animal Farm...
Talking of which there was a very funny reference the other day about
some nerd clearing out his Great Uncle's house and finding a copy
wishing good errm, wishes to Gruncle and signed by "some bloke called
Eric Blair".
Adrian Mole, I think.
That's the umbrella...
‘The Unbelievable Truth’ would have one believe that hanging a dead mole
around a babies neck helps with teething!
To be fair, they said that people used to believe that hanging a
mole...etc.  Not quite the same thing.  And true.
Is that a LeCarre reference?
Partly. Neck neatly broken but no rope involved.
Rosie
You forgot the Smiley face.

2019-01-21 06:18:09 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
‘The Unbelievable Truth’ would have one believe that hanging a dead mole
around a babies neck helps with teething!
To be fair, they said that people used to believe that hanging a
mole...etc.  Not quite the same thing.  And true.
Is that a LeCarre reference?
Partly. Neck neatly broken but no rope involved.
You forgot the Smiley face.
Did this happen on Haydon Berrow?
2019-01-21 08:16:28 UTC
Animal Farm...
Talking of which there was a very funny reference the other day about
some nerd clearing out his Great Uncle's house and finding a copy
wishing good errm, wishes to Gruncle and signed by "some bloke called
Eric Blair".
Adrian Mole, I think.
That's the umbrella...
‘The Unbelievable Truth’ would have one believe that hanging a dead mole
around a babies neck helps with teething!
To be fair, they said that people used to believe that hanging a
mole...etc. Not quite the same thing. And true.
And finished the line with what I said!
Rosalind Mitchell
2019-01-20 13:17:49 UTC
[...]
He was a thinly-veiled Stalin. I don't think he killed any humans or
pigs but he drove Snowball away and presumably arranged for him to be
icepicked.

Rosie
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-01-20 18:44:13 UTC
Has tom named one of his pigs Napoleon?
BTN?
Oh, I don't know - I _like_ the taste of pork. In fact I'm about to have
some ...

Never. For me, there has to be a meaning. There's not much meaning in eating
bugs. - Darcey Bussell (on whether she'd appear on /I'm a Celebrity/), in RT
2015/11/28-12/4
BrritSki