So, farewell then...
2020-10-22 05:33:05 UTC
... Spencer Davis.

You can stop running now.
Go well.
--
Sid
Peter
2020-10-22 15:02:50 UTC
... Spencer Davis.
You can stop running now.
Go well.
Was the Spencer Davis Group the best band to come out of Birmingham? It
has been a while since I was in 'the Venice of the Midlands' but I
believe the Golden Eagle is now a car park.
--
When, once, reference was made to a statesman almost universally
recognized as one of the villains of this century, in order to
Ernst Specker on Paul Bernays
the Omrud
2020-10-22 17:11:30 UTC
... Spencer Davis.
You can stop running now.
Go well.
Was the Spencer Davis Group the best band to come out of Birmingham?  It
has been a while since I was in 'the Venice of the Midlands' but I
believe the Golden Eagle is now a car park.
<ehem> ELO. The Moody Blues.

There's also Black Sabbath. Dexys Midnight Runners. Judas Priest.

And one should mention The Move and Wizzard, but that Roy Wood is now a
looney.
David
Nick Odell

Nick
the Omrud
2020-10-22 21:36:21 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Sid Nuncius
... Spencer Davis.
You can stop running now.
Go well.
Was the Spencer Davis Group the best band to come out of Birmingham?  It
has been a while since I was in 'the Venice of the Midlands' but I
believe the Golden Eagle is now a car park.
<ehem> ELO. The Moody Blues.
There's also Black Sabbath. Dexys Midnight Runners. Judas Priest.
And one should mention The Move and Wizzard, but that Roy Wood is now a
looney.
Now a looney?
He used to be a colourful eccentric. He's now somewhat less cuddly.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/wizzards-roy-wood-i-wish-16310290
David
BrritSki
2020-10-23 10:14:55 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Sid Nuncius
... Spencer Davis.
You can stop running now.
Go well.
Was the Spencer Davis Group the best band to come out of
Birmingham?  It
has been a while since I was in 'the Venice of the Midlands' but I
believe the Golden Eagle is now a car park.
<ehem> ELO.  The Moody Blues.
There's also Black Sabbath.  Dexys Midnight Runners.  Judas Priest.
And one should mention The Move and Wizzard, but that Roy Wood is now a
looney.
Now a looney?
He used to be a colourful eccentric.  He's now somewhat less cuddly.
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/wizzards-roy-wood-i-wish-16310290
So anyone who voted Brexit is now a looney ? More than half the people
who voted ? Nice.
Chris McMillan
2020-10-23 15:09:07 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Sid Nuncius
... Spencer Davis.
You can stop running now.
Go well.
Was the Spencer Davis Group the best band to come out of
Birmingham?  It
has been a while since I was in 'the Venice of the Midlands' but I
believe the Golden Eagle is now a car park.
<ehem> ELO.  The Moody Blues.
There's also Black Sabbath.  Dexys Midnight Runners.  Judas Priest.
And one should mention The Move and Wizzard, but that Roy Wood is now a
looney.
Rockin’ Berries were from Brum too,