Explanations please
2020-07-28 07:05:46 UTC
Last night the child in the house (aka grandson) apparently found a
hedgehog in the first floor bathroom adjacent to the bath.

Explanations of how this might have happened welcomed please because
no-one else in the house can explain it.
2020-07-28 07:40:04 UTC
Last night the child in the house (aka grandson) apparently found a
hedgehog in the first floor bathroom adjacent to the bath.
Explanations of how this might have happened welcomed please because
no-one else in the house can explain it.
The hedgehog wanted a bath?
2020-07-28 08:39:43 UTC
Last night the child in the house (aka grandson) apparently found a
hedgehog in the first floor bathroom adjacent to the bath.
Explanations of how this might have happened welcomed please because
no-one else in the house can explain it.
How old is child? Old enough to have smuggled hedgehog in earlier and
then to claim it found it, so as not to get into trouble?

Hedgehogs have fleas. Be careful.
krw
2020-07-28 10:17:24 UTC
Last night the child in the house (aka grandson) apparently found a
hedgehog in the first floor bathroom adjacent to the bath.
Explanations of how this might have happened welcomed please because
no-one else in the house can explain it.
How old is child? Old enough to have smuggled hedgehog in earlier and
then to claim it found it, so as not to get into trouble?
Hedgehogs have fleas. Be careful.
12 so I don't think so. And he stays in his pit (according to his
mother) and does not do outdoors.
Steve Hague
2020-07-28 12:32:53 UTC
Last night the child in the house (aka grandson) apparently found a
hedgehog in the first floor bathroom adjacent to the bath.
Explanations of how this might have happened welcomed please because
no-one else in the house can explain it.
How old is child? Old enough to have smuggled hedgehog in earlier and
then to claim it found it, so as not to get into trouble?
Hedgehogs have fleas. Be  careful.
12 so I don't think so.  And he stays in his pit (according to his
mother) and does not do outdoors.
When I was 12, I was more than capable of being economical with the truth.
2020-07-28 12:40:42 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Last night the child in the house (aka grandson) apparently found a
hedgehog in the first floor bathroom adjacent to the bath.
Explanations of how this might have happened welcomed please because
no-one else in the house can explain it.
How old is child? Old enough to have smuggled hedgehog in earlier and
then to claim it found it, so as not to get into trouble?
Hedgehogs have fleas. Be  careful.
12 so I don't think so.  And he stays in his pit (according to his
mother) and does not do outdoors.
When I was 12, I was more than capable of being economical with the truth.
Steve
But as Bluebottle says ‘Everybody has got to be somewhere!’ And by
extension, this should apply to hedgehogs too!
2020-07-28 10:30:26 UTC
On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 09:39:43 +0100, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
Last night the child in the house (aka grandson) apparently found a
hedgehog in the first floor bathroom adjacent to the bath.
Explanations of how this might have happened welcomed please because
no-one else in the house can explain it.
How old is child? Old enough to have smuggled hedgehog in earlier and
then to claim it found it, so as not to get into trouble?
Hedgehogs have fleas. Be careful.
I've read that hedgehog fleas may be a problem for dogs but they don't eat
people. Mined ewe, I've read something similar about cat fleas - they may
not wish to _live_ on people but they certainly bite them.
2020-07-28 18:53:13 UTC
Last night the child in the house (aka grandson) apparently found a
hedgehog in the first floor bathroom adjacent to the bath.
Explanations of how this might have happened welcomed please because
no-one else in the house can explain it.
How old is child? Old enough to have smuggled hedgehog in earlier and
then to claim it found it, so as not to get into trouble?
Hedgehogs have fleas. Be careful.
I've read that hedgehog fleas may be a problem for dogs but they don't eat
people. Mined ewe, I've read something similar about cat fleas - they may
not wish to _live_ on people but they certainly bite them.
My understanding has always been that cat fleas, dog fleas, whatever
fleas are no problem to people provided there is a conveniently
available cat, dog, whatever in the vicinity. Unlike koalas which will
starve themselves to death if exactly the right kind of eucalyptus
isn't available, fleas will condescend to suck up to something else.

2020-07-28 18:59:31 UTC
[...]
This.
DAMHIK - although my only knowledge of koalas is of one which was dead
and stuffed.
2020-07-29 07:46:53 UTC
[...]
Was it in a taxi-dear me!
2020-07-28 19:43:50 UTC
dog fleas
I am pretty sure that dog fleas will have a go at me if at all possible.
Absence of dogs this year has led to a much lower level of bites.
Min
2020-07-29 00:30:35 UTC
Last night the child in the house (aka grandson) apparently found a
hedgehog in the first floor bathroom adjacent to the bath.
Explanations of how this might have happened welcomed please because
no-one else in the house can explain it.
How old is child? Old enough to have smuggled hedgehog in earlier and
then to claim it found it, so as not to get into trouble?
Hedgehogs have fleas. Be careful.
I've read that hedgehog fleas may be a problem for dogs but they don't eat
people. Mined ewe, I've read something similar about cat fleas - they may
not wish to _live_ on people but they certainly bite them.
Ah! This one I know - if they are "dislodged from their host" they will bite people. I found this out at 19 one weekend in a boarding house in Bridlington. The landlady had died a short time previously, and the cats she owned had been numerous. The council sprayed her flat for fleas - which promptly moved upstairs. I was staying in this chap's flat! Knowing from experience this chap wouldn't believe anything he couldn't see (and preferably hit...) I pursued the critters with (his) antiperspirant. So when he came home and I told him he had fleas and showed him my bites, I had about 8 little obvious flea corpses to convince him.....mind, it was still me who had to ring the council to get them to spray the *building*.
Min
Min
2020-07-29 00:36:04 UTC
[...]
(his) aerosol antiperspirant. So when he came home and I told him
he had fleas and showed him my bites, I had about 8 little obvious
flea corpses to convince him.....mind, it was still me who had to
ring the council to get them to spray the *building*. The council
people told him about the landlady when they did the spraying.
Min
Penny
2020-07-29 22:09:32 UTC
On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 17:36:04 -0700 (PDT), Min <***@googlemail.com>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Min
I found this out at 19 one weekend in a boarding house
in Bridlington. The landlady had died a short time previously, and the
cats she owned had been numerous. The council sprayed her flat for
fleas - which promptly moved upstairs. I was staying in this chap's
flat! Knowing from experience this chap wouldn't believe anything he
couldn't see (and preferably hit...) I pursued the critters with
(his) aerosol antiperspirant. So when he came home and I told him
he had fleas and showed him my bites, I had about 8 little obvious
flea corpses to convince him.....mind, it was still me who had to
ring the council to get them to spray the *building*. The council
people told him about the landlady when they did the spraying.
Spraying may kill the fleas but not the eggs which apparently sit around
waiting for signs of activity before hatching out and jumping around madly
seeking a host, I've actually seen this. I was living in a 'flat' in a
converted Georgian mansion and the flat below became vacant. A week or two
later, the door was open (I think some tradesman was fixing something) and
we wandered in for a nose around. Every flat in that building was very
different and it was interesting figuring out floor plans. Walking into the
living room we could see all these tiny jumping creatures against the pale
carpet.
Min
2020-07-30 01:36:26 UTC
Post by Min
[...]
Coo! Can any entomophile assay a guess as to whether they were more likely
to be hatching eggs or bereaved stair climbers? Or are both equally likely?
Do either of these (or both) apply to cat fleas? ObTA: Has there been an
Embarassing Flea Episode in Ambridge? Why not? If any passing LSW would
like to give one to Jenniffffer or Soosan, I would be a Very Happy Bunny.
Min
Steve Hague
2020-07-30 06:44:40 UTC
Post by Min
Coo! Can any entomophile assay a guess as to whether they were more likely
to be hatching eggs or bereaved stair climbers? Or are both equally likely?
Do either of these (or both) apply to cat fleas? ObTA: Has there been an
Embarassing Flea Episode in Ambridge? Why not? If any passing LSW would
like to give one to Jenniffffer or Soosan, I would be a Very Happy Bunny.
I would like to reply, but refuse to encroach on Brittski's territory.
2020-07-30 16:52:36 UTC
Post by Min
Post by Min
[...]
The only troublesome Ambridge feline appears to be Hilda Ogden. Didn’t she
have a case of fleas and Peggoi couldn’t or wouldn’t believe the cat ever
left the premises?

2020-07-30 21:10:29 UTC
On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 16:52:36 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by Penny
scrawle
The only troublesome Ambridge feline appears to be Hilda Ogden. Didn’t she
have a case of fleas and Peggoi couldn’t or wouldn’t believe the cat ever
left the premises?
Sincerely Chris
Wasn't offspring of Hilda a chip off the old block?
Mike
2020-07-31 07:55:16 UTC
On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 16:52:36 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by Penny
scrawle
The only troublesome Ambridge feline appears to be Hilda Ogden. Didn’t she
have a case of fleas and Peggoi couldn’t or wouldn’t believe the cat ever
left the premises?
Sincerely Chris
Wasn't offspring of Hilda a chip off the old block?
Perhaps ‘Ogden’ is a miss-spelling of the real name ‘Oddjob’?
Nick Leverton
2020-07-28 16:24:43 UTC
Last night the child in the house (aka grandson) apparently found a
hedgehog in the first floor bathroom adjacent to the bath.
Explanations of how this might have happened welcomed please because
no-one else in the house can explain it.
How old is child? Old enough to have smuggled hedgehog in earlier and
then to claim it found it, so as not to get into trouble?
Hedgehogs have fleas. Be careful.
And ticks, which are a vastly more serious health risk to people than fleas.

Peter
2020-07-28 17:31:59 UTC
Last night the child in the house (aka grandson) apparently found a
hedgehog in the first floor bathroom adjacent to the bath.
Explanations of how this might have happened welcomed please because
no-one else in the house can explain it.
Mischievous grandson?

More likely is that hedgehog is a reincarnation of the recently
mentioned Dougal Haston.
Peter
2020-07-29 13:57:53 UTC
Last night the child in the house (aka grandson) apparently found a
hedgehog in the first floor bathroom adjacent to the bath.
Explanations of how this might have happened welcomed please because
no-one else in the house can explain it.
Today I learned that there is a sonic hedgehog gene. Yesterday I learned
that there is a Stan Lee fly. Life is full of excitement.