OT bitofarant
Steve Hague
2019-11-04 10:14:48 UTC
I have a talk talk internet/phone a/c. £28.50 a month for phone and
access, but good fast access and unlimited. I went tocheck my billand
saw offers. £25 a month! Same or faster. I asked about it and they
said £30 admin fee to swop as contract I am in runs to 7/20
CPW are (heavily) advertising a Switch facility. Might be worth
investigating? For the past 9 years, I would have urged you strongly
to go to CPW, but after last year's experience, my recommendation is
merely to investigate. I have had fabulous service from them since 2010,
but last time they c***ed up royally. But that might just be my local
branch.
I went off CPW a few years ago when they sold me a phone which didn't
have the features I needed, even though I specifically asked for a phone
with these features and was assured it had them. I can't say whether
they were lying or incompetent, but either way they lost my custom.
2019-11-04 11:02:11 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
[...]
Steve
I'm with Three. £20 for unlimited everything, and once I'd caught on
that a usb connection was faster than a wifi-hotspot I can watch
perfectly-good TV on my laptop by tethering my phone.
Sam Plusnet
2019-11-04 22:48:01 UTC
Post by DavidK
I'm with Three. £20 for unlimited everything, and once I'd caught on
that a usb connection was faster than a wifi-hotspot I can watch
perfectly-good TV on my laptop by tethering my phone.
Useful if you can get a strong signal at all times.
2019-11-04 12:29:29 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
[...]
I couldn't work out what or who CPW was or were originally. My beef with
them is that they continue to use a name which encourages illegal and
dangerous behaviour.