gransnet thread about uniforms and who wore them
2020-06-20 08:46:29 UTC
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1280569-Did-you-work-in-a-uniform?pg=3

I enjoyed this and thought sumrats might. I found the stewardess bit
interesting where the chief stewardess checked the women pre-flight to
make sure they were wearing girdles! And the difference for bank
tellers. Women to wear a sash saying Access your Flexible Friend! But
men didn't wear it!
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-06-20 14:34:43 UTC
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1280569-Did-you-work-in-a-uniform?pg=3
I enjoyed this and thought sumrats might. I found the stewardess bit
interesting where the chief stewardess checked the women pre-flight to
make sure they were wearing girdles! And the difference for bank
tellers. Women to wear a sash saying Access your Flexible Friend! But
men didn't wear it!
I didn't see those - ah, just realised your URL ends with "?pg=3", so I
must have missed them.

I was interested that, on the whole, people liked wearing uniforms.

An interesting anecdote: my mother taught in German schools in the '70s,
when the culture there was certainly not in favour of uniforms. The
subject came up, and the class all expressed how horrible it was to be
forced to wear them. At which point she pointed out that they all _were_
wearing one: jeans and whatever was "in" at the time. They went quiet ..

The best way to achieve immortality is by not dying.