UMRA birthday info for 28 December 2018
Birthday Monitor
2018-12-28 07:24:42 UTC
Birthday News for today, 28 December: Tony Gardner.
2018-12-28 08:32:13 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 28 December: Tony Gardner.
Happy birthday to a much-missed umrat.
2018-12-28 11:25:58 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 28 December: Tony Gardner.
Happy birthday to a much-missed umrat.
He’s well and enjoying life to the full.

2018-12-28 12:06:50 UTC
On Fri, 28 Dec 2018 11:25:58 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 28 December: Tony Gardner.
Happy birthday to a much-missed umrat.
He’s well and enjoying life to the full.
Sincerely Chris
In that case, and as you seem to be in touch as you know this, please
give my best wishes for many happy returns.
Kate B
2018-12-28 15:09:41 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 28 December: Tony Gardner.
Happy birthday to a much-missed umrat.
He’s well and enjoying life to the full.
Sincerely Chris
In that case, and as you seem to be in touch as you know this, please
give my best wishes for many happy returns.
And from me too also as well!
Dumrat
2018-12-28 19:21:41 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 28 December: Tony Gardner.
Happy birthday to a much-missed umrat.
He’s well and enjoying life to the full.
Sincerely Chris
In that case, and as you seem to be in touch as you know this, please
give my best wishes for many happy returns.
And from me too also as well!
Belatedly, as it must be tomorrow in Australia by now, from me three also as well!
--
Salaam Alaykum,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Dumrat
SODAM
2018-12-28 20:21:51 UTC
Post by Dumrat
Belatedly, as it must be tomorrow in Australia by now, from me three also as well!
Late as ever, here they come, birthday wishes from SODAM. Happy birthday
for yesterday Tony Ozrat.

My excuse is that I have been Bingo’s chauffeuse for 345 miles today, which
took a while. However, it’s good to be back to phone reception and
connectivity.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Nick Odell
2018-12-28 20:41:04 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Dumrat
Belatedly, as it must be tomorrow in Australia by now, from me three also as well!
Late as ever, here they come, birthday wishes from SODAM. Happy birthday
for yesterday Tony Ozrat.
My excuse is that I have been Bingo’s chauffeuse for 345 miles today, which
took a while. However, it’s good to be back to phone reception and
connectivity.
@Dumrat @SODAM

Erme - Tony Bryer is the Ozrat and is present here from time to time.
Tony Gardner is still in the UK AFAIK and has been sadly missed around
these parts for quite a long time.

Nick
SODAM
2018-12-28 20:51:22 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Dumrat
Belatedly, as it must be tomorrow in Australia by now, from me three also as well!
Late as ever, here they come, birthday wishes from SODAM. Happy birthday
for yesterday Tony Ozrat.
My excuse is that I have been Bingo’s chauffeuse for 345 miles today, which
took a while. However, it’s good to be back to phone reception and
connectivity.
@Dumrat @SODAM
Erme - Tony Bryer is the Ozrat and is present here from time to time.
Tony Gardner is still in the UK AFAIK and has been sadly missed around
these parts for quite a long time.
Nick
Nugger. As you were.

Blame car lag.
Dumrat
2018-12-29 06:01:15 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Nick Odell
Post by SODAM
Post by Dumrat
Belatedly, as it must be tomorrow in Australia by now, from me three also as well!
Late as ever, here they come, birthday wishes from SODAM. Happy birthday
for yesterday Tony Ozrat.
My excuse is that I have been Bingo’s chauffeuse for 345 miles today, which
took a while. However, it’s good to be back to phone reception and
connectivity.
@Dumrat @SODAM
Erme - Tony Bryer is the Ozrat and is present here from time to time.
Tony Gardner is still in the UK AFAIK and has been sadly missed around
these parts for quite a long time.
Nick
Nugger. As you were.
Blame car lag.
Oops, sorry about that!

I blame brain lag.

Definitely belated happy returns of the day to Mr Tony Gardener, still of the UK.
Tony Bryer
2019-01-05 09:20:55 UTC
Erme - Tony Bryer is the Ozrat and is present here from time to time.
Tony Gardner is still in the UK AFAIK and has been sadly missed around
these parts for quite a long time.
Yes still here, catching up. 42.6C (107F) here in Melbourne yesterday -
I escaped to Warrnambool on the Southern Ocean coast and wished I'd
taken my cardigan!

Belated new year wishes to all
Tony B, OzRat, Melbourne
Nick Odell
2019-01-05 10:05:10 UTC
Post by Tony Bryer
Post by Nick Odell
Erme - Tony Bryer is the Ozrat and is present here from time to time.
Tony Gardner is still in the UK AFAIK and has been sadly missed around
these parts for quite a long time.
Yes still here, catching up. 42.6C (107F) here in Melbourne yesterday -
I escaped to Warrnambool on the Southern Ocean coast and wished I'd
taken my cardigan!
Bush fires in Tas. near my sister's home. Isn't that a bit extraordinary
at those latitudes? Anyway, she got plenty of practice preparing for
those events when she lived in Kilmore so everything essential is
already packed in the ute, just in case.
Post by Tony Bryer
Belated new year wishes to all
And to you!

Hope she and family are safe.
Nick Odell
2019-01-05 13:50:08 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Bush fires in Tas. near my sister's home. Isn't that a bit extraordinary
at those latitudes? Anyway, she got plenty of practice preparing for
those events when she lived in Kilmore so everything essential is
already packed in the ute, just in case.
Hope she and family are safe.
Thanks for asking. Latest update is that more normal "Tasmanian"
conditions are returning and the emergency services have been stood
down. Life is getting back to normal.

2019-01-05 16:38:01 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by Tony Bryer
Post by Nick Odell
Erme - Tony Bryer is the Ozrat and is present here from time to time.
Tony Gardner is still in the UK AFAIK and has been sadly missed around
these parts for quite a long time.
Yes still here, catching up. 42.6C (107F) here in Melbourne yesterday -
I escaped to Warrnambool on the Southern Ocean coast and wished I'd
taken my cardigan!
Bush fires in Tas. near my sister's home. Isn't that a bit extraordinary
at those latitudes?
Yes, my niece in Hobart was posting photos of dark clouds of smoke over the
beach she'd taken her sons to yesterday.
2019-01-05 14:47:52 UTC
Post by Tony Bryer
Post by Nick Odell
Erme - Tony Bryer is the Ozrat and is present here from time to time.
Tony Gardner is still in the UK AFAIK and has been sadly missed around
these parts for quite a long time.
Yes still here, catching up. 42.6C (107F) here in Melbourne yesterday -
I escaped to Warrnambool on the Southern Ocean coast and wished I'd
taken my cardigan!
Belated new year wishes to all
*Ouch*! Bet that’s the sort of temps Dumrat lives in!

Sincerely Chris
Dumrat
2019-01-06 08:05:36 UTC
Post by Tony Bryer
Post by Nick Odell
Erme - Tony Bryer is the Ozrat and is present here from time to time.
Tony Gardner is still in the UK AFAIK and has been sadly missed around
these parts for quite a long time.
Yes still here, catching up. 42.6C (107F) here in Melbourne yesterday -
I escaped to Warrnambool on the Southern Ocean coast and wished I'd
taken my cardigan!
Belated new year wishes to all
*Ouch*! Bet that’s the sort of temps Dumrat lives in!
Hello, Tony, nice to see you waving from sunny Melbourne. Here in sunny Dubai, I'm really
feeling the winter chill of 19C, I've got so used to not putting on a cardie! But yes,
Chris McToodles, in July and August, temperatures easily reach 50C (we think it may well
be more but weather thermometers gon't go any higher!)
Fenny
2019-01-05 19:51:55 UTC
On Sat, 05 Jan 2019 20:20:55 +1100, Tony Bryer
Post by Tony Bryer
Yes still here, catching up. 42.6C (107F) here in Melbourne yesterday -
I escaped to Warrnambool on the Southern Ocean coast and wished I'd
taken my cardigan!
One of my Melbourne friends was complaining about the heat the other
day. I replied that I came home from work on Thursday to find the
boiler out of order. As it's been below freezing overnight here - and
only about 5C during the day - I've taken to wearing 2 of (almost)
everything whilst in the house and added an extra duvet to my bed
until the boiler man gets here tomorrow [1].

While cooking my pizza last night my oven stopped working!
Fortunately, I have a double oven, so the pizza went in the other one.
I'm also glad that I stood firm on keeping my hot water tank instead
of having a combi boiler.

[1] Sunday, sometime between 8am and 6pm!
2019-01-05 22:36:10 UTC
Post by Tony Bryer
Post by Nick Odell
Erme - Tony Bryer is the Ozrat and is present here from time to time.
Tony Gardner is still in the UK AFAIK and has been sadly missed around
these parts for quite a long time.
Yes still here, catching up. 42.6C (107F) here in Melbourne yesterday -
I escaped to Warrnambool on the Southern Ocean coast and wished I'd
taken my cardigan!
Belated new year wishes to all
Whilst I was envious of the 24C my BiL was experiencing in Lima (where
the bears come from), I don't think 42C is something I would like.

Belated NYW in return.
2019-01-06 18:04:38 UTC
Whilst I was envious of the 24C my BiL was experiencing in Lima (where
the bears come from),
Welll, they certainly retire there.
2019-01-06 18:27:51 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by Sam Plusnet
Whilst I was envious of the 24C my BiL was experiencing in Lima (where
the bears come from),
Welll, they certainly retire there.
Ma Malade is believed to run sandwich courses there.
Dumrat
2019-01-06 18:46:13 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by Sam Plusnet
Whilst I was envious of the 24C my BiL was experiencing in Lima (where
the bears come from),
Welll, they certainly retire there.
Ma Malade is believed to run sandwich courses there.
I hope she wasn't too ill to jam.
Mike
2019-01-06 18:57:17 UTC
Post by Dumrat
Post by Mike
Post by Fenny
Post by Sam Plusnet
Whilst I was envious of the 24C my BiL was experiencing in Lima (where
the bears come from),
Welll, they certainly retire there.
Ma Malade is believed to run sandwich courses there.
I hope she wasn't too ill to jam.
Not a shred of doubt about it.
Rosalind Mitchell
I hope somebody is going to preserve this thread.
Sam Plusnet
2019-01-06 20:43:15 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Mike
Post by Dumrat
Post by Mike
Post by Fenny
Post by Sam Plusnet
Whilst I was envious of the 24C my BiL was experiencing in Lima (where
the bears come from),
Welll, they certainly retire there.
Ma Malade is believed to run sandwich courses there.
I hope she wasn't too ill to jam.
Not a shred of doubt about it.
I hope somebody is going to preserve this thread.
Do you think so?
Golly!
2019-01-06 19:10:14 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by Sam Plusnet
Whilst I was envious of the 24C my BiL was experiencing in Lima (where
the bears come from),
Welll, they certainly retire there.
Isn't it just where they've bean?

2019-01-07 06:50:30 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by Sam Plusnet
Whilst I was envious of the 24C my BiL was experiencing in Lima (where
the bears come from),
Welll, they certainly retire there.
Isn't it just where they've bean?
Oh, do me a fava! I might have to do a runner if there's another punthread.
2019-01-07 09:06:47 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by Sam Plusnet
Whilst I was envious of the 24C my BiL was experiencing in Lima (where
the bears come from),
Welll, they certainly retire there.
Isn't it just where they've bean?
Oh, do me a fava! I might have to do a runner if there's another punthread.
There are so many varieties, some in carry cots - others in hari cots.
Heinz really don’t know which to chews.
2019-01-07 09:37:55 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by Sam Plusnet
Whilst I was envious of the 24C my BiL was experiencing in Lima (where
the bears come from),
Welll, they certainly retire there.
Isn't it just where they've bean?
Oh, do me a fava! I might have to do a runner if there's another punthread.
There are so many varieties, some in carry cots - others in hari cots.
Heinz really don’t know which to chews.
Yes, there's a broad choice.
2018-12-28 10:15:09 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 28 December: Tony Gardner.
Happy birthday Tony, should you be reading this (well, I hope it's a
happy birthday, even if he isn't reading this ;) )
Q. What song did Cinderella sing as she waited four months for her
photos to come back from the chemist?
A. 'Some day my prints will come!'