Totally O/T but Umratic
2018-09-08 14:26:02 UTC
We keep our bi-daily fix of 81% choccy in the ‘fridge until snapping off
pieces to devour; where do other Umrats keep their vital supplies? I doubt
we are AOU!
2018-09-08 16:06:23 UTC
We keep our bi-daily fix of 81% choccy in the ‘fridge until snapping off
pieces to devour; where do other Umrats keep their vital supplies? I doubt
we are AOU!
I, too, keep my choccy in the 'fridge (i. e. same place as you except
with a different apostrophe). However, mine tends to be Lidl's "Mister
CHOC" or "fin CARRÉ" (although I have noticed Lidl do often have
high-percentage choccy in too; bit rich for me [I have a very sweet
tooth, so too bitter for me]).

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography. -Ambrose Bierce, writer
(1842-1914)
Vicky Ayech
2018-09-08 17:25:28 UTC
We keep our bi-daily fix of 81% choccy in the ‘fridge until snapping off
pieces to devour; where do other Umrats keep their vital supplies? I doubt
we are AOU!
B kept his Dairy Milk inthe fridge but I think it spoils it to be cold
and he can't eat it any more as is diabetic. I keep dark chocolate in
the cupboard.
Mike
2018-09-08 17:32:45 UTC
We keep our bi-daily fix of 81% choccy in the ‘fridge until snapping off
pieces to devour; where do other Umrats keep their vital supplies? I doubt
we are AOU!
B kept his Dairy Milk inthe fridge but I think it spoils it to be cold
and he can't eat it any more as is diabetic. I keep dark chocolate in
the cupboard.
We have a 12.5 gram square each every other day, but I can’t help feeling
there is a resident chocolate devouring mouse in our ‘fridge. ;-))) the
chocolate is of course eaten not for pleasure but for medicinal purposes as
I’m sure you all know.;-)
2018-09-08 18:02:17 UTC
We keep our bi-daily fix of 81% choccy in the ‘fridge until snapping off
pieces to devour; where do other Umrats keep their vital supplies? I doubt
we are AOU!
I generally keep my chocolate stash (85/90%) in the cupboard, except in
very hot weather, when it migrates to the fridge.
2018-09-08 18:15:22 UTC
We keep our bi-daily fix of 81% choccy in the ‘fridge until snapping off
pieces to devour; where do other Umrats keep their vital supplies? I doubt
we are AOU!
I generally keep my chocolate stash (85/90%) in the cupboard, except in
very hot weather, when it migrates to the fridge.
Serena’s footer said:

It is also said that Black Cats bring good luck.

Try telling that to a white mouse.
2018-09-08 18:58:48 UTC
We keep our bi-daily fix of 81% choccy in the ‘fridge until snapping off
pieces to devour; where do other Umrats keep their vital supplies? I doubt
we are AOU!
I generally keep my chocolate stash (85/90%) in the cupboard, except in
very hot weather, when it migrates to the fridge.
It is also said that Black Cats bring good luck.
Try telling that to a white mouse.
<g>
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
(Mark Twain)
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-09-08 20:35:24 UTC
We keep our bi-daily fix of 81% choccy in the ‘fridge until snapping off
pieces to devour; where do other Umrats keep their vital supplies? I doubt
we are AOU!
I generally keep my chocolate stash (85/90%) in the cupboard, except in
very hot weather, when it migrates to the fridge.
It is also said that Black Cats bring good luck.
Try telling that to a white mouse.
<g>
Note also that: the early worm gets the bird.

When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad - I'm better! (Mae West)
Btms
2018-09-08 20:13:42 UTC
We keep our bi-daily fix of 81% choccy in the ‘fridge until snapping off
pieces to devour; where do other Umrats keep their vital supplies? I doubt
we are AOU!
By the bed. Not sure of percentages.
2018-09-09 07:04:03 UTC
On Sat, 08 Sep 2018 14:26:02 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
We keep our bi-daily fix of 81% choccy in the ‘fridge until snapping off
pieces to devour; where do other Umrats keep their vital supplies? I doubt
we are AOU!
Green & Black's dark cooking chocolate for me, stabbed through the wrapper
to make each piece smaller and kept in my desk drawer.
2018-09-09 09:42:48 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Mike
We keep our bi-daily fix of 81% choccy in the ‘fridge until snapping off
pieces to devour; where do other Umrats keep their vital supplies? I doubt
we are AOU!
Green & Black's dark cooking chocolate for me, stabbed through the wrapper
to make each piece smaller and kept in my desk drawer.
Lidl's Ecuadorian 70% for us, a square after dinner, kept in a little
lacquer box by the sofa. Reserves stored in the unheated covered side
passage where the cheese and the vacuum cleaner live.
2018-09-09 10:22:20 UTC
in the dust...
We keep our bi-daily fix of 81% choccy in the ‘fridge until snapping off
pieces to devour; where do other Umrats keep their vital supplies? I doubt
we are AOU!
Green & Black's dark cooking chocolate for me, stabbed through the wrapper
to make each piece smaller and kept in my desk drawer.
Oh. Lidls or ikea. Not keen on the dtrong stuff and not every day
2018-09-10 16:42:57 UTC
We keep our bi-daily fix of 81% choccy in the ‘fridge until snapping off
pieces to devour; where do other Umrats keep their vital supplies? I doubt
we are AOU!
Liliana's reaction was "Chocolate is for eating, not for keeping."

Sadly, so many of the Belgian truffles that I take over there have
melted between the airport and the apartment that she now a) keeps any
surviving ones in the fridge and b) pours any melted ones into silicon
chocolate moulds and then puts them in the fridge.

I keep my chocolate in the baking ingredients cupboard

and in the hot drinks and preserves cupboard

and in the Welsh Dresser

and in the bedside cabinet

and in the other bedside cabinet in the other room

2018-09-10 17:57:39 UTC
We keep our bi-daily fix of 81% choccy in the ‘fridge until snapping off
pieces to devour; where do other Umrats keep their vital supplies? I doubt
we are AOU!
Liliana's reaction was "Chocolate is for eating, not for keeping."
Sadly, so many of the Belgian truffles that I take over there have
melted between the airport and the apartment that she now a) keeps any
surviving ones in the fridge and b) pours any melted ones into silicon
chocolate moulds and then puts them in the fridge.
I keep my chocolate in the baking ingredients cupboard
and in the hot drinks and preserves cupboard
and in the Welsh Dresser
and in the bedside cabinet
and in the other bedside cabinet in the other room
Nick
Oh yeah? The truffles have melted between the airport and the apart....
err... c’mon the other ones got bells on it! ;-)))
2018-09-10 18:59:09 UTC
We keep our bi-daily fix of 81% choccy in the ‘fridge until snapping off
pieces to devour; where do other Umrats keep their vital supplies? I doubt
we are AOU!
Liliana's reaction was "Chocolate is for eating, not for keeping."
Sadly, so many of the Belgian truffles that I take over there have
melted between the airport and the apartment that she now a) keeps any
surviving ones in the fridge and b) pours any melted ones into silicon
chocolate moulds and then puts them in the fridge.
I keep my chocolate in the baking ingredients cupboard
and in the hot drinks and preserves cupboard
and in the Welsh Dresser
and in the bedside cabinet
and in the other bedside cabinet in the other room
I agree with Liliana. Am I the only umrat who doesn't have a chocolate
stash? I keep an 80% cocoa bar in the fridge for cooking. It's been there
months, if not years. When we occasionally buy chocolate, we eat it.
2018-09-10 19:28:29 UTC
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 18:59:09 +0000, Sally Thompson wrote:

[snip frigid choccie]
Post by Sally Thompson
I agree with Liliana. Am I the only umrat who doesn't have a chocolate
stash? I keep an 80% cocoa bar in the fridge for cooking.
Ooh, Miss! Me too, Miss!
SODAM
2018-09-11 01:38:22 UTC
[...]
YANAOU. I hardly ever have it in the house. When I do, it’s usually “to
give as a present”. Rarely does it make its way to the putative recipient.
☹️ Having recognised this failure in myself, I keep none in the house but
very occasionally buy some to eat. Yet it could easily be replaced by
liquorice, and if I see a bargain in that line while out shopping, I snap
it up. Then eat it up.

What larks!
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Mike
2018-09-11 07:23:22 UTC
Post by SODAM
[...]
Are you from Pontefract?
SODAM
2018-09-11 07:50:11 UTC
Post by SODAM
[...]
Never lived in Yorkshire but I’ve lived in all sorts of other places.
John Ashby
2018-09-11 11:39:46 UTC
Post by SODAM
[...]
ITYM "topped with lark's vomit."

2018-09-11 12:53:09 UTC
Post by SODAM
[...]
john
No, that’s probably Bird’s Mess Soup;-)
2018-09-11 17:49:14 UTC
Post by SODAM
YANAOU. I hardly ever have it in the house. When I do, it’s usually “to
give as a present”. Rarely does it make its way to the putative recipient.
☹️ Having recognised this failure in myself, I keep none in the house but
very occasionally buy some to eat. Yet it could easily be replaced by
liquorice, and if I see a bargain in that line while out shopping, I snap
it up. Then eat it up.
What larks!
ITYM "topped with lark's vomit."
After monosodium glutamate?
2018-09-11 18:06:37 UTC
On 10 Sep 2018 18:59:09 GMT, Sally Thompson
Post by Sally Thompson
I agree with Liliana. Am I the only umrat who doesn't have a chocolate
stash? I keep an 80% cocoa bar in the fridge for cooking. It's been there
months, if not years. When we occasionally buy chocolate, we eat it.
YANAOU!

I have to be very careful about buying chocolate or sweets, as I tend
to scoff it in bulk once it's bought. Other than at Christmas, I buy
it for immediate consumption.