UMRA birthday info for 30 May 2021
Add Reply
Birthday Monitor
2021-05-30 06:22:47 UTC
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
2021-05-30 08:20:14 UTC
Many happy returns young fellas.
Serena Blanchflower
2021-05-30 09:32:21 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Many happies to you both!
My friends and I have named our band ‘Duvet’. It’s a cover band.
Sid Nuncius
2021-05-30 18:11:52 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Many happies to you both!
Indeed.

<raises glass>
Absent friends.
--
Sid
2021-06-01 12:11:03 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Many happies to you both!
Indeed.
<raises glass>
Absent friends.
I’ve finally had to post a cryptic message on his timeline.

2021-05-31 11:56:32 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
I saw Anne had sent Mr Bowden birthday wishes on facebook but his page
seems to have disappeared for me - is he on the naughty step?
2021-05-31 12:51:42 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
I saw Anne had sent Mr Bowden birthday wishes on facebook but his page
seems to have disappeared for me - is he on the naughty step?
I was not able to get his page either, but fb has been behaving oddly
the last week or so. I added my wishes onto someone else's.
Chris
2021-05-31 12:52:35 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
I saw Anne had sent Mr Bowden birthday wishes on facebook but his page
seems to have disappeared for me - is he on the naughty step?
Likewise, Anne. He was there first thing but when I went to his messenger
there he was gorn.

2021-05-31 13:58:40 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
I saw Anne had sent Mr Bowden birthday wishes on facebook but his page
seems to have disappeared for me - is he on the naughty step?
I don't know what's going on. I sent him birthday wishes OK yesterday,
but when I searched for him just now, FB knew him but said his page was
unavailable. However, a post he made earlier this morning (which I had
liked) was still available, through my activity log so I have added a
comment there, passing on Sid's birthday wishes and the fact that
concern is being expressed about his FB page.
Try to live simply. A simple lifestyle freely chosen is a source of
strength. Do not be persuaded into buying what you do not need or cannot
afford. (Quaker Advices and Queries #41)
Serena Blanchflower
2021-05-31 14:02:26 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
I saw Anne had sent Mr Bowden birthday wishes on facebook but his page
seems to have disappeared for me - is he on the naughty step?
I don't know what's going on.  I sent him birthday wishes OK yesterday,
but when I searched for him just now, FB knew him but said his page was
unavailable.  However, a post he made earlier this morning (which I had
liked) was still available, through my activity log so I have added a
comment there, passing on Sid's birthday wishes and the fact that
concern is being expressed about his FB page.
To which he has replied:

odd. A couple of people have said that, but I have done nothing to
change things.
Q. Why did Mickey Mouse take a trip to outer space?
A. He wanted to find Pluto.
Serena Blanchflower
2021-05-31 14:28:54 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
I saw Anne had sent Mr Bowden birthday wishes on facebook but his page
seems to have disappeared for me - is he on the naughty step?
I don't know what's going on.  I sent him birthday wishes OK yesterday,
but when I searched for him just now, FB knew him but said his page was
unavailable.  However, a post he made earlier this morning (which I had
liked) was still available, through my activity log so I have added a
comment there, passing on Sid's birthday wishes and the fact that
concern is being expressed about his FB page.
We've been doing some diagnostics and it seems to work OK from the FB
App, on Android, but not through either Firefox or Chrome browsers on
Win 10. I've tried clearing all my cookies but that didn't make any
difference.

It's working fine though, when Stephen tries it, using Safari and Chrome
on an iMac as well as on an iPhone.

Does anrat have any helpful suggestions for other things which may be tried.
Q. Why would a golfer wear two pairs of socks?
A. In case he gets a hole in one.
Chris
2021-06-01 12:11:05 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
I’m on my IPad. Haven’t used IMac today

2021-05-31 14:29:39 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
I saw Anne had sent Mr Bowden birthday wishes on facebook but his page
seems to have disappeared for me - is he on the naughty step?
I don't know what's going on.  I sent him birthday wishes OK yesterday,
but when I searched for him just now, FB knew him but said his page was
unavailable.  However, a post he made earlier this morning (which I had
liked) was still available, through my activity log so I have added a
comment there, passing on Sid's birthday wishes and the fact that
concern is being expressed about his FB page.
If anyone else wants birthday wishes passed on, please let me know and
I'll willingly do so.
I changed my iPod's name to Titanic. It's syncing now.
Chris
2021-06-01 12:11:04 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
I saw Anne had sent Mr Bowden birthday wishes on facebook but his page
seems to have disappeared for me - is he on the naughty step?
I don't know what's going on. I sent him birthday wishes OK yesterday,
but when I searched for him just now, FB knew him but said his page was
unavailable. However, a post he made earlier this morning (which I had
liked) was still available, through my activity log so I have added a
comment there, passing on Sid's birthday wishes and the fact that
concern is being expressed about his FB page.
Thanks, Serena. Did it before seeing this while I could!

Sincerely Chris
Hellerat
2021-05-31 18:07:41 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
I saw Anne had sent Mr Bowden birthday wishes on facebook but his page
seems to have disappeared for me - is he on the naughty step?
It's the strangest thing, I can only see Stephen's posts from the FB app, but not from any
browser on my laptop, unless, like you, I follow someone else's comment to his page. It's
been like that for weeks, if not months. I think it's because of Secret Squirrel.
--
Yassas,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Hellerat
the Omrud
2021-05-31 16:30:21 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Hello chums and thanks for the birthday wishes. I am not around here
much (and not at all yesterday). It may seem strange, but retirement
has curtailed my Usenetting.

Since I retired, I no longer sit at a computer all day - I used to
swivel my chair to do Usenet as a break from work. Now, I don't occupy
the big swivel chair unless I've got a personal task to deal with, and
there's no spare time.

Meanwhile, the weather in Manchester has gone straight from apparent
February last week to apparent July this week. We are, of course,
unable to get to France.
David
Chris
2021-06-01 12:11:05 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 30 May: Stephen Bowden and David the Omrud.
Hello chums and thanks for the birthday wishes. I am not around here
much (and not at all yesterday). It may seem strange, but retirement
has curtailed my Usenetting.
Since I retired, I no longer sit at a computer all day - I used to
swivel my chair to do Usenet as a break from work. Now, I don't occupy
the big swivel chair unless I've got a personal task to deal with, and
there's no spare time.
Meanwhile, the weather in Manchester has gone straight from apparent
February last week to apparent July this week. We are, of course,
unable to get to France.
Many Hapoy hippos, Omrud!