Canterbury Tales - BBC/RT credits
2018-12-26 15:04:40 UTC
The Canterbury Tales will be broadcast on the next two Saturday
afternoons. The BBC/RT have the following to say about it:

Queen of Ambridge amateur theatricals, Lynda Snell, takes charge of this
barnstorming new adaptation of Chaucer’s classic tales. Join the cast of
The Archers to enjoy stories of courtly love, deadly rivalry and
boisterous sex - with a little bit of magic thrown in for good measure.

“A festive feast of spellbinding stories and bawdy banter … Another
Lynda Snell triumph!” – The Borchester Echo

Written by Geoffrey Chaucer
Dramatised by Nick Warburton

Director - Kim Greengrass
Producer - Alison Hindell

Tellers of the Tales:
Ruth Archer / Chaucer - Felicity Finch
David Archer / the Host - Timothy Bentinck
Justin Elliott - Simon Williams
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Jim Lloyd - John Rowe
Susan Carter - Charlotte Martin
Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
Eddie Grundy - Trevor Harrison
Lilian Bellamy - Sunny Ormonde
Jazzer McCreary - Ryan Kelly

Part 1 - 29th December, 2:30 - 3:30

The Knight’s Tale:
Theseus - Nick Barber
Woman of Thebes - Sunny Ormonde
Jailer - Trevor Harrison
Palamon - Barry Farrimond
Arcite - James Cartwright
Emily - Emerald O’Hanrahan
Soldier / Jolly Theban - Ryan Kelly
Gatekeeper - Timothy Bentinck
Diana - Felicity Finch

The Miller’s Tale:
John - Timothy Bentinck
Alison - Annabelle Dowler
Nicholas - James Cartwright
Absolon - Nick Barber

The Wife of Bath’s Tale:
Knight - Barry Farrimond
King Arthur - Trevor Harrison
Queen - Annabelle Dowler
Crone - Carole Boyd

The Sailor’s Tale:
Merchant - James Cartwright
Monk - Nick Barber
Wife - Emerald O’Hanrahan

Part 2 - 5th January, 2:30-3:30

The Pardoner’s Tale:
Roisterer 1 - James Cartwright
Roisterer 2 - Ian Pepperell
Roisterer 3 - Barry Farrimond
Old Man - John Rowe
Chemist - Charlotte Martin

The Friar’s Tale:
Summoner - Simon Williams
Fiend - Timothy Bentinck
Carter - Ian Pepperell
Old Woman - Felicity Finch

The Franklin’s Tale:
Aurelius - Barry Farrimond
Averagus - James Cartwright
Dorigen - Annabelle Dowler
Dorigen’s friend - Charlotte Martin
Plus a mystery appearance from an unexpected Ambridge resident.

The Bailiff’s Tale:
Symkin - Timothy Bentinck
Alan - Barry Farrimond
John - Ian Pepperell
Kate - Felicity Finch
Molly - Annabelle Dowler

Other roles played by members of the company.
2018-12-27 07:28:46 UTC
The Canterbury Tales will be broadcast on the next two Saturday
<snip>
Post by carolet
Written by Geoffrey Chaucer
Dramatised by Nick Warburton
Director - Kim Greengrass
Producer - Alison Hindell
Part 1 - 29th December, 2:30 - 3:30
Theseus - Nick Barber
Who is Nick Barber? He is mentioned several times but I have snipped to the
first one.
2018-12-27 10:59:23 UTC
On 27 Dec 2018 07:28:46 GMT, Sally Thompson
Post by carolet
Written by Geoffrey Chaucer
Dramatised by Nick Warburton
Director - Kim Greengrass
Producer - Alison Hindell
Part 1 - 29th December, 2:30 - 3:30
Theseus - Nick Barber
Who is Nick Barber? He is mentioned several times but I have snipped to the
first one.
Rex Fairbrother - I looked him up.
2018-12-27 12:05:45 UTC
Post by carolet
Written by Geoffrey Chaucer
Dramatised by Nick Warburton
Director - Kim Greengrass
Producer - Alison Hindell
Part 1 - 29th December, 2:30 - 3:30
Theseus - Nick Barber
Who is Nick Barber? He is mentioned several times but I have snipped to the
first one.
Nick Barber was born in 1981 in London, England. He is an actor, known
for New Blood (2016), Othello (Shakespeare's Globe Theatre) (2008) and
Strauss: The Waltz King (2005). ... (2015 onward) Plays the part of
Rex Fairbrother in the BBC Radio 4 drama "The Archers".
carolet
2018-12-27 15:26:23 UTC
Post by carolet
Written by Geoffrey Chaucer
Dramatised by Nick Warburton
Director - Kim Greengrass
Producer - Alison Hindell
Part 1 - 29th December, 2:30 - 3:30
Theseus - Nick Barber
Who is Nick Barber? He is mentioned several times but I have snipped to the
first one.
As others have said, it is Rex. I did consider going through and putting
Ambridge names in, but I was feeling lazy and didn't bother in the end.
Sorry.
2018-12-27 17:53:41 UTC
Post by carolet
Written by Geoffrey Chaucer
Dramatised by Nick Warburton
Director - Kim Greengrass
Producer - Alison Hindell
Part 1 - 29th December, 2:30 - 3:30
Theseus - Nick Barber
Who is Nick Barber? He is mentioned several times but I have snipped to the
first one.
As others have said, it is Rex. I did consider going through and putting
Ambridge names in, but I was feeling lazy and didn't bother in the end.
Sorry.
Don't be. You do an amazing job but I just didn't recognise the name.
2018-12-27 14:24:21 UTC
Queen of Ambridge amateur theatricals, Lynda Snell, takes charge
seems to be at variance with this: