OT: Rugger
2019-11-02 10:59:05 UTC
Nugger
Mike Ruddock
2019-11-02 11:03:06 UTC
Nugger
Ichabod

Mike Ruddock
Sid Nuncius
2019-11-03 07:10:27 UTC
Nugger
Supersize nugger with sprinkles.
2019-11-03 14:21:26 UTC
Nugger
Supersize nugger with sprinkles.
Although not a great follower of the sport (or any, for that matter), it
would have been nice if "we" had won - but what seems nice about this
one is that English fans, both in Japan and here, seem to be willing to
say things like South Africa played well; and, generally, the whole
tournament (?) seems to have been conducted in a way a sporting thing
should be.

Worst programme ever made? I was in hospital once having a knee operation and I
watched a whole episode of "EastEnders". Ugh! I suppose it's true to life. But
so is diarrhoea - and I don't want to see that on television. - Patrick Moore,
in Radio Times 12-18 May 2007.
Sid Nuncius
2019-11-03 16:30:03 UTC
Nugger
Supersize nugger with sprinkles.
Although not a great follower of the sport (or any, for that matter), it
would have been nice if "we" had won - but what seems nice about this
one is that English fans, both in Japan and here, seem to be willing to
say things like South Africa played well; and, generally, the whole
tournament (?) seems to have been conducted in a way a sporting thing
should be.
Yes to all that. And it's good to see the effect in SA, too, where
winning under their first black captain seems to be doing a lot of wider
good.
2019-11-03 17:04:55 UTC
Nugger
Supersize nugger with sprinkles.
Although not a great follower of the sport (or any, for that matter), it
would have been nice if "we" had won - but what seems nice about this
one is that English fans, both in Japan and here, seem to be willing to
say things like South Africa played well; and, generally, the whole
tournament (?) seems to have been conducted in a way a sporting thing
should be.
Rugby is (was?) a game for cads played by gentlemen, soccer is the other
way round.

2019-11-03 23:28:03 UTC
Nugger
Supersize nugger with sprinkles.
Although not a great follower of the sport (or any, for that matter),
it would have been nice if "we" had won - but what seems nice about
this one is that English fans, both in Japan and here, seem to be
willing to say things like South Africa played well; and, generally,
the whole tournament (?) seems to have been conducted in a way a
sporting thing should be.
Rugby is (was?) a game for cads played by gentlemen, soccer is the
other way round.
john
"Rugby is a game for gentlemen with oddly-shaped balls." - IDK

[IDK - I don't know (who said it); but someone known did, so I can't put
"Anon".]

Radio 4 is one of the reasons being British is good. It's not a subset of
Britain - it's almost as if Britain is a subset of Radio 4. - Stephen Fry, in
Radio Times, 7-13 June, 2003.
Fenny
2019-11-09 11:30:48 UTC
Nugger
Supersize nugger with sprinkles.
Although not a great follower of the sport (or any, for that matter), it
would have been nice if "we" had won - but what seems nice about this
one is that English fans, both in Japan and here, seem to be willing to
say things like South Africa played well; and, generally, the whole
tournament (?) seems to have been conducted in a way a sporting thing
should be.
Rugby is (was?) a game for cads played by gentlemen, soccer is the other
way round.
I was going to say something similar.