Serious Question...
2020-08-19 07:30:35 UTC
We have a sulphur pot that is heated in our greenhouse and the fumes
control bugs that would otherwise hide and nibble our plants without us
detecting them. It is a very effective device and I wonder how they manage
in the Bridge Farm Organics polly tunnels?
2020-08-19 07:55:42 UTC
We have a sulphur pot that is heated in our greenhouse and the fumes
control bugs that would otherwise hide and nibble our plants without us
detecting them. It is a very effective device and I wonder how they
manage in the Bridge Farm Organics polly tunnels?
There are plenty of fungicides and insecticides approved for use in
"organic" farming, including the aforementioned sulphur.
2020-08-19 08:19:20 UTC
On 19 Aug 2020 07:55:42 GMT, Jim Easterbrook
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Mike
We have a sulphur pot that is heated in our greenhouse and the fumes
control bugs that would otherwise hide and nibble our plants without us
detecting them. It is a very effective device and I wonder how they
manage in the Bridge Farm Organics polly tunnels?
Aren't the poly tunnels at Home Farm? Adam's? Or has Tom got some too?
If Adam's are they still being looked aftr by Jazzer and is Alice
overseeing that?
krw
2020-08-19 09:19:15 UTC
Aren't the poly tunnels at Home Farm? Adam's? Or has Tom got some too?
If Adam's are they still being looked aftr by Jazzer and is Alice
overseeing that?
Adam converted half of his tunnels into rivers for the fish to save
importing foreign workers for sex and drugs and babies.
2020-08-19 09:18:19 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Mike
We have a sulphur pot that is heated in our greenhouse and the fumes
control bugs that would otherwise hide and nibble our plants without us
detecting them. It is a very effective device and I wonder how they
manage in the Bridge Farm Organics polly tunnels?
There are plenty of fungicides and insecticides approved for use in
"organic" farming, including the aforementioned sulphur.
Are organic farms allowed to use lots of plastic tunnels?
2020-08-19 14:34:21 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Mike
We have a sulphur pot that is heated in our greenhouse and the fumes
control bugs that would otherwise hide and nibble our plants without us
detecting them. It is a very effective device and I wonder how they
manage in the Bridge Farm Organics polly tunnels?
There are plenty of fungicides and insecticides approved for use in
"organic" farming, including the aforementioned sulphur.
Are organic farms allowed to use lots of plastic tunnels?
Bridge Farm does.

The mics don’t reach that far.

Sincerely Chris
Peter
2020-08-19 09:44:27 UTC
We have a sulphur pot that is heated in our greenhouse and the fumes
control bugs that would otherwise hide and nibble our plants without us
detecting them. It is a very effective device and I wonder how they manage
in the Bridge Farm Organics polly tunnels?
What's it like for you when you go into your sulphurous greenhouse? Are
the fumes so diffuse that they don't affect humans?
Mike
2020-08-19 11:18:42 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Mike
We have a sulphur pot that is heated in our greenhouse and the fumes
control bugs that would otherwise hide and nibble our plants without us
detecting them. It is a very effective device and I wonder how they manage
in the Bridge Farm Organics polly tunnels?
What's it like for you when you go into your sulphurous greenhouse? Are
the fumes so diffuse that they don't affect humans?
Ah now..... the fumigation happens in the early hours of Mon. Wed. and
Friday mornings, the sulphur has nearly dispersed by 08:00 which is about
the earliest I go into the greenhouse to tend and water... as soon as the
automatic roof vents start to open, the residue disperses.
2020-08-19 13:38:26 UTC
has nearly dispersed by 08:00
Is there such an hour in the mornings? Retirement does not require such
early rising.
2020-08-19 13:54:00 UTC
has nearly dispersed by 08:00
Is there such an hour in the mornings?  Retirement does not require such
early rising.
My daughter told someone recently that I would be very surprised to
discover there were two 7 o'clocks in a day.
Wrexham, UK
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-08-19 19:05:38 UTC
has nearly dispersed by 08:00
Is there such an hour in the mornings?  Retirement does not require
such early rising.
My daughter told someone recently that I would be very surprised to
discover there were two 7 o'clocks in a day.
I sometimes see both of them, but "not necessarily in the right order -
I'll give you that, sunshine". Talking of which, it's gloriously
miserable and wet here (in mid-Kent). I seem to have been deprived of
the thunderstorms and downpours the rest of the country have had -
typical, as I like a good storm, as long as the power doesn't go out.

Let's see what Ellen brings.

You know what the big secret about posh people is? Most of them are lovely.
- Richard Osman, RT 2016/7/9-15
John Ashby
2020-08-19 19:17:24 UTC
has nearly dispersed by 08:00
 Is there such an hour in the mornings?  Retirement does not require
such  early rising.
My daughter told someone recently that I would be very surprised to
discover there were two 7 o'clocks in a day.
I sometimes see both of them, but "not necessarily in the right order -
I'll give you that, sunshine". Talking of which, it's gloriously
miserable and wet here (in mid-Kent). I seem to have been deprived of
the thunderstorms and downpours the rest of the country have had -
typical, as I like a good storm, as long as the power doesn't go out.
Let's see what Ellen brings.
This thread could deGenerate pretty quickly.

2020-08-19 14:34:22 UTC
has nearly dispersed by 08:00
Is there such an hour in the mornings? Retirement does not require such
early rising.
Certainly does. Buses wait for no man, if they can be arsed to arrive at
all.

2020-08-19 15:03:35 UTC
has nearly dispersed by 08:00
Is there such an hour in the mornings? Retirement does not require such
early rising.
;-))))))
2020-08-19 21:00:26 UTC
has nearly dispersed by 08:00
Is there such an hour in the mornings?  Retirement does not require such
early rising.
We spent a week-and-a-half looking after a neighbour's cat, so that
involved setting an alarm and cat-fettling at an (for us) unearthly hour.
So that's what mornings look like from this direction.
2020-08-20 07:35:00 UTC
has nearly dispersed by 08:00
Is there such an hour in the mornings?  Retirement does not require such
early rising.
We spent a week-and-a-half looking after a neighbour's cat, so that
involved setting an alarm and cat-fettling at an (for us) unearthly hour.
So that's what mornings look like from this direction.
If there is a cat in the house.... you don’t need a second alarm clock.;-)
2020-08-20 18:57:56 UTC
has nearly dispersed by 08:00
Is there such an hour in the mornings?  Retirement does not require such
early rising.
We spent a week-and-a-half looking after a neighbour's cat, so that
involved setting an alarm and cat-fettling at an (for us) unearthly hour.
So that's what mornings look like from this direction.
If there is a cat in the house.... you don’t need a second alarm clock.;-)
We used to have cats (a plurality of them) - so I do know what you mean.
In this case Mia stayed in her own home and enjoyed the peace and quiet
without the 6 dogs and a tomcat to disturb her.