are newcomers to Ambridge almost never likeable?
2019-11-23 09:02:46 UTC
Is it me or my memory, but are most newcomers not very nice? Carol was
and still is but apart from that they tend to not be and then some
settle down and improve, like Vicky.

Of course I can now think of lots who were nice from the start. The
Judo man, Ifty, Lenard. But Toby and his dad definitely not, although
i suppose Rex is well-meaning. Just rather boring. But Hazel, Rob,
new actor, Justin, Matt, Hannah, Natasha all not.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-11-23 09:50:49 UTC
Is it me or my memory, but are most newcomers not very nice? Carol was
and still is but apart from that they tend to not be and then some
settle down and improve, like Vicky.
Of course I can now think of lots who were nice from the start. The
Judo man, Ifty, Lenard. But Toby and his dad definitely not, although
i suppose Rex is well-meaning. Just rather boring. But Hazel, Rob,
new actor, Justin, Matt, Hannah, Natasha all not.
Joy, though infuriating, isn't nasty. In fact I think she's quite nice,
if only she'd shut up and not keep putting her foot in it.

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change
[via Penny Mayes (***@pmail.net)]
Serena Blanchflower
2019-11-23 11:50:55 UTC
Is it me or my memory, but are most newcomers not very nice? Carol was
and still is but apart from that they tend to not be and then some
settle down and improve, like Vicky.
Of course I can now think of lots who were nice from the start. The
Judo man, Ifty, Lenard. But Toby and his dad definitely not, although
i suppose Rex is well-meaning. Just rather boring. But Hazel, Rob,
new actor, Justin, Matt, Hannah, Natasha all not.
I think it's more that new comers are always very two dimensional at
first. They are either really horrible or implausibly perfect. I can
only assume they rent the cheapest possible generics, from the Well of
Lost Plots, initially and only upgrade to rather better characters at a
later stage.

Joy seems to be a bit of an exception and we are being introduced to
more aspects of her character fairly quickly. I can only assume that
this means she's going to be part of something major.
Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let
each new year find you a better man. (Benjamin Franklin)
Vicky Ayech
2019-11-23 14:16:18 UTC
On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 11:50:55 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
[...]
I don't like her because she forced her way in toPeggy's home, first
after Kate booked her to babysit,and then about the cat. The first
maybe just ok but the second not,
Mike
2019-11-23 14:18:16 UTC
[...]
Ever heard of ‘Plot Device’?
2019-11-23 14:20:21 UTC
[...]
You can usually reckon where there is an animal plot, there hangs a tale.