Any Bets…
2021-08-17 16:39:21 UTC
On how long All Ice will manage to stay in alcho rehab this time?
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Vicky Ayech
2021-08-17 16:53:57 UTC
On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 16:39:21 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
On how long All Ice will manage to stay in alcho rehab this time?
I am wondering if Jenny slapping her was the shock she needed and Rory
refusing to stay in Ambridge might do it?
Nick Odell
2021-08-17 17:08:51 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
On how long All Ice will manage to stay in alcho rehab this time?
I am wondering if Jenny slapping her was the shock she needed and Rory
refusing to stay in Ambridge might do it?
I am wondering how many thousands Shula has agreed to advance her in
lieu of the horse sale and how many bottles of vodka that represents.

Cynical? Moi?

2021-08-18 07:23:12 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
On how long All Ice will manage to stay in alcho rehab this time?
I am wondering if Jenny slapping her was the shock she needed and Rory
refusing to stay in Ambridge might do it?
I am wondering how many thousands Shula has agreed to advance her in
lieu of the horse sale and how many bottles of vodka that represents.
Cynical? Moi?
Nick
Sounded like the SaintLoan was £2,000.
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Clive Arthur
2021-08-18 08:37:56 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
On how long All Ice will manage to stay in alcho rehab this time?
I am wondering if Jenny slapping her was the shock she needed and Rory
refusing to stay in Ambridge might do it?
I am wondering how many thousands Shula has agreed to advance her in
lieu of the horse sale and how many bottles of vodka that represents.
Alice isn't totally heartless, it would be Black Horse whiskey.
Post by Nick Odell
Cynical? Moi?
Cheers
Clive
Mike McMillan
2021-08-18 10:01:12 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
On how long All Ice will manage to stay in alcho rehab this time?
I am wondering if Jenny slapping her was the shock she needed and Rory
refusing to stay in Ambridge might do it?
I am wondering how many thousands Shula has agreed to advance her in
lieu of the horse sale and how many bottles of vodka that represents.
Alice isn't totally heartless, it would be Black Horse whiskey.
Post by Nick Odell
Cynical? Moi?
Nick
… no equestrians asked…
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Mike McMillan
2021-08-18 10:10:42 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
On how long All Ice will manage to stay in alcho rehab this time?
I am wondering if Jenny slapping her was the shock she needed and Rory
refusing to stay in Ambridge might do it?
I am wondering how many thousands Shula has agreed to advance her in
lieu of the horse sale and how many bottles of vodka that represents.
Alice isn't totally heartless, it would be Black Horse whiskey.
Post by Nick Odell
Cynical? Moi?
Nick
… no equestrians asked…
Mine Dew, I suspect that either way, Shula will find that All Ice will
default on the ‘loan’ and Daddy will be saddled with the debt again.
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Serena Blanchflower
2021-08-18 10:14:14 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Nick Odell
Cynical? Moi?
Nick
… no equestrians asked…
Mine Dew, I suspect that either way, Shula will find that All Ice will
default on the ‘loan’ and Daddy will be saddled with the debt again.
As she is conducting the sale, presumably she will only pass on the
balance of the cash to Alice, having taken back the money she had advanced.
Every life should have nine cats. (Anon)
Philip Hole
2021-08-18 10:48:09 UTC
What is the state of the Partnership?
Adam is obviously a partner and has money (or a share of the partnership).
He took some of his money out.

So what happens if:
a) He leaves
b) Alice decides she needs funds for rehab.
(Or Brian decides that she must pay it all).
c) Where does Ruahri fit into it all?
Flop
krw
2021-08-18 10:56:15 UTC
Post by Philip Hole
What is the state of the Partnership?
Adam has 2 contracts with Home Farm - an employment contract which he
intends to terminate and the partnership - he will now become a sleeping
partner only contributing at Board meetings.
Post by Philip Hole
Adam is obviously a partner and has money (or a share of the partnership).
He took some of his money out.
He took an advance on partnership profits which was repaid, subject closed.
Post by Philip Hole
a) He leaves
The airwaves will be a lot quieter
Post by Philip Hole
b) Alice decides she needs funds for rehab.
She will sell her assets - she might talk to Chris about finding tenants
for the cottage and using that to pay for rehab and relocation
Post by Philip Hole
(Or Brian decides that she must pay it all).
c) Where does Ruahri fit into it all?
Rugrat has a share in the partnership and no doubt stands to inherit
Biriani's share of the partnership as well, unless the partners'
agreement stipulates where his and Jenny's shares go.
Philip Hole
2021-08-18 11:33:53 UTC
Post by Philip Hole
(Or Brian decides that she must pay it all).
c) Where does Ruahri fit into it all?
Rugrat has a share in the partnership and no doubt stands to inherit
Biriani's share of the partnership as well, unless the partners'
agreement stipulates where his and Jenny's shares go.
"She will sell her assets"

But the assets will be a fraction of the total property of Home Farm.

There will be buildings and tractors etc, but possibly little cash.

She may be able to sell her share of Home Farm but no-one is likely to
be able to buy it except Brian.
And I dread what his negotiating stance with Alice would be.

But it might make an interesting story.
Flop
krw
2021-08-18 12:54:02 UTC
Post by Philip Hole
Post by Philip Hole
(Or Brian decides that she must pay it all).
c) Where does Ruahri fit into it all?
Rugrat has a share in the partnership and no doubt stands to inherit
Biriani's share of the partnership as well, unless the partners'
agreement stipulates where his and Jenny's shares go.
"She will sell her assets"
But the assets will be a fraction of the total property of Home Farm.
I was referring to her other assets - car, computer, horse, etc.
Post by Philip Hole
There will be buildings and tractors etc, but possibly little cash.
She may be able to sell her share of Home Farm but no-one is likely to
be able to buy it except Brian.
The partnership agreement will have details of who may or may not buy
the shares. She may be able to cash it in if the other partners agree -
but almost certainly cannot sell it to a third party.
Post by Philip Hole
And I dread what his negotiating stance with Alice would be.
No negotiation - the partnership agreement has to stipulate what happens
if someone wishes to cease being a partnership - how do you think
Deloittes and similar exist?
Post by Philip Hole
But it might make an interesting story.
Financial stories are rarely interesting or accurately told on The Archers.
2021-08-18 14:26:50 UTC
Post by Philip Hole
Post by Philip Hole
But it might make an interesting story.
Financial stories are rarely interesting or accurately told on The Archers.
Of course, as you know, nobody has to draw up a partnership agreement:
they can fall back on the provisions of the 1890 Partnership Act and
far too many people do just that - with most satisfying results for
the lawyers afterwards.

Do we know if these people formed their own agreement and, perhaps
more to the point, have maintained and modified it as circumstances
changed?

2021-08-18 15:00:15 UTC
they can fall back on the provisions of the 1890 Partnership Act and
far too many people do just that - with most satisfying results for
the lawyers afterwards.
Do we know if these people formed their own agreement and, perhaps
more to the point, have maintained and modified it as circumstances
changed?
Well indeed but Brian has a tame accountant on the end of a phone and
lawyers. There was certainly some form of agreement because Alice and
Kate had to hand back their cottages - and any land transfer has to be
documented. I cannot believe that Brian would not have tied things up -
but lamentably left it that he could be outvoted over selling the farm
house, somehow I don't think the agreement would have foreseen that.
2021-08-18 15:55:30 UTC
they can fall back on the provisions of the 1890 Partnership Act and
far too many people do just that - with most satisfying results for
the lawyers afterwards.
Do we know if these people formed their own agreement and, perhaps
more to the point, have maintained and modified it as circumstances
changed?
Well indeed but Brian has a tame accountant on the end of a phone and
lawyers.  There was certainly some form of agreement because Alice and
Kate had to hand back their cottages - and any land transfer has to be
documented.  I cannot believe that Brian would not have tied things up -
but lamentably left it that he could be outvoted over selling the farm
house, somehow I don't think the agreement would have foreseen that.
I seem to remember some mention of Adam and Debbie, at least, getting
the papers checked out by their own lawyers. It's possible tough that
that was the previous time the farm's ownership was rearranged, shortly
after Ruairi's arrival in Ambridge and at the time that Kate and Alice
were given their cottages.
Q. What do you get if you cross a hen with a bedside clock?
A. An alarm cluck!
krw
2021-08-18 22:01:04 UTC
[...]
I remember now - there is a partnership agreement because Kate took
advise on the content to backup her position over the need to seel the
Farm House rather than land forcing her parents into rented
accommodation like any millennial.
2021-08-19 08:13:32 UTC
[...]
Prat
c /advise/advice/
c /seel/sell/
2021-08-18 12:24:58 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Nick Odell
Cynical? Moi?
Nick
… no equestrians asked…
Mine Dew, I suspect that either way, Shula will find that All Ice will
default on the ‘loan’ and Daddy will be saddled with the debt again.
As she is conducting the sale, presumably she will only pass on the
balance of the cash to Alice, having taken back the money she had advanced.
Unless she is foolish enough to act only as the ‘middlewoman’ and have the
payment made straight to All Ice.
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Kate B
2021-08-18 13:56:32 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Nick Odell
Cynical? Moi?
Nick
… no equestrians asked…
Mine Dew, I suspect that either way, Shula will find that All Ice will
default on the ‘loan’ and Daddy will be saddled with the debt again.
As she is conducting the sale, presumably she will only pass on the
balance of the cash to Alice, having taken back the money she had advanced.
Assuming there is a balance. How much do old ponies go for these days?
Glue factories don't pay thousands, I suspect.
2021-08-18 14:46:08 UTC
Post by Kate B
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Nick Odell
Cynical? Moi?
Nick
… no equestrians asked…
Mine Dew, I suspect that either way, Shula will find that All Ice will
default on the ‘loan’ and Daddy will be saddled with the debt again.
As she is conducting the sale, presumably she will only pass on the
balance of the cash to Alice, having taken back the money she had advanced.
Assuming there is a balance. How much do old ponies go for these days?
Glue factories don't pay thousands, I suspect.
From what we've been told, I don't think Banjo would count as an "old
pony", it sounded as if he was a reasonably well bred and trained horse.
Looking in Horse and Hound, most of the horses they've got advertised
at the moment seem to be in the £5-10K range, with a outliers in either
direction.
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint (Mark
Twain)
Hellerat
2021-08-19 14:37:51 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Nick Odell
Cynical? Moi?
Nick
… no equestrians asked…
Mine Dew, I suspect that either way, Shula will find that All Ice will
default on the ‘loan’ and Daddy will be saddled with the debt again.
As she is conducting the sale, presumably she will only pass on the balance of the cash to
Alice, having taken back the money she had advanced.
My thoughts erzackerly, Serena, she's done a kind turn but won't lose out unless she sells
the horse for less than expected.
--
Yassas,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Hellerat
Clive Arthur
2021-08-19 14:52:50 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Nick Odell
Cynical? Moi?
Nick
… no equestrians asked…
Mine Dew, I suspect that either way, Shula will find that All Ice will
default on the ‘loan’ and Daddy will be saddled with the debt again.
As she is conducting the sale, presumably she will only pass on the
balance of the cash to Alice, having taken back the money she had advanced.
My thoughts erzackerly, Serena, she's done a kind turn but won't lose
out unless she sells the horse for less than expected.
Or it croaks and isn't properly insured.
--
Cheers
Clive
Clive Arthur
2021-08-18 12:53:51 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
On how long All Ice will manage to stay in alcho rehab this time?
The Special Brew will get her, they've left a clue...

I die, lager clad.
--
Cheers
Clive
Sid Nuncius
2021-08-18 18:18:47 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Mike McMillan
On how long All Ice will manage to stay in alcho rehab this time?
The Special Brew will get her, they've left a clue...
I die, lager clad.
Special Brew? C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas lager.
--
Sid
Hellerat
2021-08-19 18:07:39 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Mike McMillan
On how long All Ice will manage to stay in alcho rehab this time?
The Special Brew will get her, they've left a clue...
I die, lager clad.
Special Brew?  C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas lager.
Does BUMRA still exist?
Sid Nuncius
2021-08-20 08:37:14 UTC
Post by Hellerat
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Mike McMillan
On how long All Ice will manage to stay in alcho rehab this time?
The Special Brew will get her, they've left a clue...
I die, lager clad.
Special Brew?  C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas lager.
Does BUMRA still exist?
I think not, but thank you for the honourable mention. :o)
--
Sid