Totally O/T but, WOW!
2020-12-23 12:07:23 UTC
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).

(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
2020-12-23 12:33:22 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
That's an expensive way of getting ID!
2020-12-23 12:36:01 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
That's an expensive way of getting ID!
Yeap, we have been resisting it for years but, the need to provide valid
documents for the purpose has become more and more difficult over
time.:-(((
2020-12-23 13:24:25 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Sally Thompson
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
That's an expensive way of getting ID!
Yeap, we have been resisting it for years but, the need to provide valid
documents for the purpose has become more and more difficult over
time.:-(((
Now you have them why don't you jet off somewhere hot?

Oh, hang on a minute isn't the Continent cut off?
2020-12-23 15:21:53 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Sally Thompson
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
That's an expensive way of getting ID!
Yeap, we have been resisting it for years but, the need to provide valid
documents for the purpose has become more and more difficult over
time.:-(((
Now you have them why don't you jet off somewhere hot?
Oh, hang on a minute isn't the Continent cut off?
Just thinking of the travel insurance puts me off.

Sincerely Chris
Steve Hague
2020-12-23 14:42:12 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Sally Thompson
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
That's an expensive way of getting ID!
Yeap, we have been resisting it for years but, the need to provide valid
documents for the purpose has become more and more difficult over
time.:-(((
Doesn't a credit/ debit card count?
2020-12-23 14:49:22 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Sally Thompson
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
That's an expensive way of getting ID!
Yeap, we have been resisting it for years but, the need to provide valid
documents for the purpose has become more and more difficult over
time.:-(((
Doesn't a credit/ debit card count?
Steve
Photo Id is often needed these days.
2020-12-23 15:21:54 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Sally Thompson
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
That's an expensive way of getting ID!
Yeap, we have been resisting it for years but, the need to provide valid
documents for the purpose has become more and more difficult over
time.:-(((
Doesn't a credit/ debit card count?
Steve
No, it’s one of the only two bits of photo ID the international world seem
to recognise as legal documents.

2020-12-23 21:12:46 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Sally Thompson
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
That's an expensive way of getting ID!
Yeap, we have been resisting it for years but, the need to provide valid
documents for the purpose has become more and more difficult over
time.:-(((
What you've done makes perfect sense, but...

In order to get those passports you had to offer proof that you were who
you claimed to be. If that proof was good enough to get an important
document like a passport, then it really should be good enough for...

On the other hand, if a passport is the only acceptable ID for serious
stuff, then the only valid form of ID to get a passport would be a ...
passport?!?
2020-12-24 08:38:57 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Sally Thompson
Post by Mike McMillan
[...]
You’ve heard of the two snakes around a tree trunk, each with the tail of
the other in their mouths eating away...?
2020-12-23 15:21:52 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
That's an expensive way of getting ID!
Yes, and possibly not necessary but I don’t have the knowledge to argue
with Mum’s solicitor cum LPA. It’s the company holding her investments,
I’m told, need them, but our finance person says it can be done by checking
sources such as register for voting.

Sincerely Chris
Joe Kerr
2020-12-23 21:47:12 UTC
Post by Chris
Post by Sally Thompson
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
That's an expensive way of getting ID!
Yes, and possibly not necessary but I don’t have the knowledge to argue
with Mum’s solicitor cum LPA. It’s the company holding her investments,
I’m told, need them, but our finance person says it can be done by checking
sources such as register for voting.
Sincerely Chris
I think they have some magic database. I had my ID checked over the
phone by a solicitor about a month ago. By the time I got to the office
she was happy that I was who I said I was (which put her slightly ahead
of me) and business was transacted in the car park.

Comments about young ladies soliciting in car parks? Anybody?
Ric
Chris
2020-12-24 12:19:06 UTC
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Chris
Post by Sally Thompson
Post by Mike McMillan
[...]
I wouldn’t want to meet our solicitor in a car park, unless there’s a back
entrances to buildings the length of London St, Joe, it’s that vulgar
Oracle car park!

(When we went to sign the probate papers we went into a conference room as
I would have expected.)

2020-12-23 14:00:15 UTC
On Wed, 23 Dec 2020 12:07:23 GMT, Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
Mine was an online application and I had to return my passport. They
got it and I got the new passport..think it was Monday. Everything
worked very quickly. Just taking the photo was a PITA and looks
horrible.
Chris
2020-12-23 15:21:51 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
Whereas mine has vanished - possibly!

Sincerely Chris
Joe Kerr
2020-12-23 21:47:51 UTC
Post by Chris
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
Whereas mine has vanished - possibly!
Sincerely Chris
Maybe they don't believe you exist.
Ric
Paul Herber
2020-12-23 16:28:17 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
Passport office staff have nothing else to do as nobody is travelling. Thumb twiddling
time.
--
Regards, Paul Herber
https://www.paulherber.co.uk/
Mike McMillan
2020-12-23 16:38:39 UTC
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
Passport office staff have nothing else to do as nobody is travelling. Thumb twiddling
time.
So it would seem Paul; though it doesn’t explain why Chris McToodles has
heard nuttin at all!
2020-12-23 16:40:00 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
Passport office staff have nothing else to do as nobody is travelling. Thumb twiddling
time.
So it would seem Paul; though it doesn’t explain why Chris McToodles has
heard nuttin at all!
In fact, I have received several progress reports via email just days
apart, then my PP popped through the better lox.
2020-12-23 18:45:45 UTC
MTAAW
Joe Kerr
2020-12-23 21:21:33 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
It's best to be prepared. You might need to leave Tier 4 for some reason.
Ric
Peter Withey
2020-12-24 11:20:30 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Mrs. Toodles and I went to the Post office with our passport forms on the
14th. December - mine has arrived this morning!!!! I would think this might
be something of a record (yes, I know that one, it is not a record, it is a
passport).
It was a renewal and I did it online which made things much quicker. I
used a photo-booth that makes a digital copy and gives a unique number
which you quote in the PP application. Worked for me.

Passport application received: 29/09/20
Send us your old passport: 30/09/20
Old passport received: 02/10/20
Passport application approved: 02/10/20
Your new passport is on its way: 02/10/20 (Friday)
Passport arrived: 05/10/20 (Monday)

I was impressed, but If I'd have needed it that urgently I'm sure it
would taken twice, or more, as long <g>
Post by Mike McMillan
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
Sadly the only trip I was considering has already been cancelled.
Pete
Vicky Ayech
2020-12-24 11:46:29 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
Sadly the only trip I was considering has already been cancelled.
Yes I am not planning to travel either. But it is useful for ID even
if you have a driving licence, and also I like to have my getaway
document.
Chris
2020-12-24 12:19:06 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
(We have no intention of travelling but need the passports for ID purposes
as not even having a driving licence, it is a right pain to prove the
Toodleses are the Toodleses.)
Sadly the only trip I was considering has already been cancelled.
We have discovered, Peter, that neither of us can operate the photo booths
so we’ve been using a human for some years. I have no experience of doing
on line so I got my way. It is a lot easier and I think had I known the PO
in the Butts Centre would have done it all for us, I would have saved us
some hours. At least if I have understood the nice but not fluent
colloquial English staff, they would.