post spoiler, 8th Nov 2018
2018-11-09 08:24:38 UTC
That’s her Xmas bonus gone then .....

2018-11-09 09:41:52 UTC
On Fri, 09 Nov 2018 08:24:38 GMT, Chris McMillan
That’s her Xmas bonus gone then .....
Sincerely Chris
Things are going downhill badly.
Mike
2018-11-09 10:58:36 UTC
On Fri, 09 Nov 2018 08:24:38 GMT, Chris McMillan
That’s her Xmas bonus gone then .....
Sincerely Chris
Things are going downhill badly.
Could they go downhill well I wonder?
2018-11-09 11:03:18 UTC
On Fri, 09 Nov 2018 08:24:38 GMT, Chris McMillan
That’s her Xmas bonus gone then .....
Sincerely Chris
Things are going downhill badly.
Could they go downhill well I wonder?
If you're a winter sports enthusiast then, yes ;)
All people smile in the same language.
Mike
SODAM
2018-11-09 16:59:19 UTC
On Fri, 09 Nov 2018 08:24:38 GMT, Chris McMillan
That’s her Xmas bonus gone then .....
Sincerely Chris
Things are going downhill badly.
Lizzie is going downhill fast. I still predict a breakdown. I thought there
was an improvement last week when Lizzie had taken her listening pill but
this week she is as bad as ever. Does anyone obsess to that extent?
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-11-09 17:20:48 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
That’s her Xmas bonus gone then .....
Sincerely Chris
Things are going downhill badly.
Lizzie is going downhill fast. I still predict a breakdown. I thought there
was an improvement last week when Lizzie had taken her listening pill but
this week she is as bad as ever. Does anyone obsess to that extent?
Yes, people do. It's sad, but may be realistic. (Compare - not the same,
but similar - mothers [it's usually mothers] of people killed, whether
by a bad driver, flammable cladding, ...)

Never be led astray onto the path of virtue.
SODAM
2018-11-09 18:25:45 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
That’s her Xmas bonus gone then .....
Sincerely Chris
Things are going downhill badly.
Lizzie is going downhill fast. I still predict a breakdown. I thought there
was an improvement last week when Lizzie had taken her listening pill but
this week she is as bad as ever. Does anyone obsess to that extent?
Yes, people do. It's sad, but may be realistic. (Compare - not the same,
but similar - mothers [it's usually mothers] of people killed, whether
by a bad driver, flammable cladding, ...)
I can understand the grief of a bereaved mother but Freddie is serving six
well-deserved months in a young offender establishment, having enjoyed the
fruits of his crime for over a year. They aren’t comparable situations.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-11-10 02:21:44 UTC
In message
Post by SODAM
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Chris McMillan
That’s her Xmas bonus gone then .....
Sincerely Chris
Things are going downhill badly.
Lizzie is going downhill fast. I still predict a breakdown. I thought there
was an improvement last week when Lizzie had taken her listening pill but
this week she is as bad as ever. Does anyone obsess to that extent?
Yes, people do. It's sad, but may be realistic. (Compare - not the same,
but similar - mothers [it's usually mothers] of people killed, whether
by a bad driver, flammable cladding, ...)
I can understand the grief of a bereaved mother but Freddie is serving six
well-deserved months in a young offender establishment, having enjoyed the
fruits of his crime for over a year. They aren’t comparable situations.
I agree; I think Freddie got off lightly, and certainly Lizzie's
reaction is way over the top for the situation. I was just giving a -
perhaps poor, in that I didn't mean the situation was similar - example
of "Does anyone obsess to that extent", in that some bereaved mothers it
is clear will _never_ accept _whatever_ is done. While more
understandable than Lizzie's case.

Q. How much is 2 + 2?
A. Thank you so much for asking your question.
Are you still having this problem? I'll be delighted to help you. Please
restate the problem twice and include your Windows version along with
all error logs.
- Mayayana in alt.windows7.general, 2018-11-1
Serena Blanchflower
2018-11-09 20:08:32 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Vicky Ayech
On Fri, 09 Nov 2018 08:24:38 GMT, Chris McMillan
That’s her Xmas bonus gone then .....
Sincerely Chris
Things are going downhill badly.
Lizzie is going downhill fast. I still predict a breakdown. I thought there
was an improvement last week when Lizzie had taken her listening pill but
this week she is as bad as ever. Does anyone obsess to that extent?
.
. Additional spoiler space for Fri 9th Nov
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I agree that it sounds as if Lizzie is heading for a breakdown. I also
suspect though that Lexi will end up stepping into the breach and taking
over Geraldine's job.

We know she has hospitality experience, in Bulgaria, as well as having
been the saviour of Grey Gables, as front of house manager for the
restaurant.
Our entire life - consists ultimately in accepting ourselves as we are
(Jean Anouilh)
Vicky Ayech
2018-11-09 21:29:22 UTC
On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 20:08:32 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Post by SODAM
Post by Vicky Ayech
[...]
Thank goodness Lizzie saw sense. But sadly it is too late. Am
listening. Will Geraldine stay......can she trust Lizzie. Oh dear.,
Money won't do it. She will refuse a reference...or will she.
Post by Serena Blanchflower
We know she has hospitality experience, in Bulgaria, as well as having
been the saviour of Grey Gables, as front of house manager for the
restaurant.
Please can we not have Lexi stay and do that job. It seems she is
still planning to help Adam and Ian :(. Hopefully it will fail and she
can go. And I wish the SWs would give up on the aren't we causing lots
of lovely suspense and let her spit out what the issue is.
a bombshell for the village????? (that was the spoiler).
What would the village care about that Lexi reveals? She is suddenly
rich and can buy Home Farm and will move her daughters over here?
Bombshell is usually not nice. She met Debbie over there and tells
something the village don't know?
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-11-10 02:27:15 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Vicky Ayech
[...]
I was hoping for Geraldine to say something about Lizzie's obsession
with Freddie. But she didn't - perhaps in the hope of the reference.
We know she has hospitality experience, in Bulgaria, as well as having
been the saviour of Grey Gables, as front of house manager for the
restaurant.
Please can we not have Lexi stay and do that job. It seems she is
still planning to help Adam and Ian :(. Hopefully it will fail and she
I hope you are showing you're thinking the plot's implausible in some
way, rather than showing opposition to the principle of surrogacy.
Post by Vicky Ayech
can go. And I wish the SWs would give up on the aren't we causing lots
of lovely suspense and let her spit out what the issue is.
YA definitely NA! It's very irritating. I'm expecting at least a "Dear
Roy" situation.
a bombshell for the village????? (that was the spoiler).
What would the village care about that Lexi reveals? She is suddenly
rich and can buy Home Farm and will move her daughters over here?
Bombshell is usually not nice. She met Debbie over there and tells
something the village don't know?
Declares their engagement?

Vicky Ayech
2018-11-10 09:56:01 UTC
On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 02:27:15 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by SODAM
[...]
No I am not opposed to the principle.
I am bored with Adam and Ian angsting and dislike Lexi and her voice
so want her to go home.
2018-11-10 10:16:19 UTC
[(Sorry, some attributions lines have got lost.) Vicky (I think) said:]
Please can we not have Lexi stay and do that job. It seems she is
still planning to help Adam and Ian :(. Hopefully it will fail and she
I hope you are showing you're thinking the plot's implausible in some
way, rather than showing opposition to the principle of surrogacy.
No I am not opposed to the principle.
I am bored with Adam and Ian angsting and dislike Lexi and her voice
so want her to go home.
[]
For the record, I like Lexi (so far - I'm a bit apprehensive of what
she's going to announce). I wonder if it's a male/female thing.

I also on the whole like Adam.

# 10^-12 boos = 1 picoboo # 2*10^3 mockingbirds = 2 kilo mockingbird
# 10^21 piccolos = 1 gigolo # 10^12 microphones = 1 megaphone
# 10**9 questions = 1 gigawhat
Sally Thompson
2018-11-10 10:50:10 UTC
On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 02:27:15 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
[(Sorry, some attributions lines have got lost.) Vicky (I think) said:]
Please can we not have Lexi stay and do that job. It seems she is
still planning to help Adam and Ian :(. Hopefully it will fail and she
I hope you are showing you're thinking the plot's implausible in some
way, rather than showing opposition to the principle of surrogacy.
No I am not opposed to the principle.
I am bored with Adam and Ian angsting and dislike Lexi and her voice
so want her to go home.
[]
For the record, I like Lexi (so far - I'm a bit apprehensive of what
she's going to announce). I wonder if it's a male/female thing.
I like Lexi too, and hope she stays, maybe as somerat has suggested
stepping into Geraldine's shoes. So not necessarily a male/female thing.
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
I also on the whole like Adam.
On the other hand I don't like Adam's voice, though I like the character.
He declaims his lines rather.
2018-11-11 09:21:21 UTC
On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 02:27:15 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
[(Sorry, some attributions lines have got lost.) Vicky (I think) said:]
Please can we not have Lexi stay and do that job. It seems she is
still planning to help Adam and Ian :(. Hopefully it will fail and she
I hope you are showing you're thinking the plot's implausible in some
way, rather than showing opposition to the principle of surrogacy.
No I am not opposed to the principle.
I am bored with Adam and Ian angsting and dislike Lexi and her voice
so want her to go home.
[]
For the record, I like Lexi (so far - I'm a bit apprehensive of what
she's going to announce). I wonder if it's a male/female thing
I like Lexi too, and hope she stays, maybe as somerat has suggested
stepping into Geraldine's shoes. So not necessarily a male/female thing.
As do I.
I also on the whole like Adam.
On the other hand I don't like Adam's voice, though I like the character.
He declaims his lines rather.
I quite like both Adam and Ian - most of the time, at least - but I
really hope the surrogacy doesn't go through. They're doing it for all
the wrong reasons and it sounds a recipe for disaster, for all concerned :(
I changed my iPod's name to Titanic. It's syncing now.
Mike
2018-11-11 11:12:02 UTC
[...]
It is a vehicle of doom for the next 20 years+
2018-11-11 14:39:10 UTC
On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 02:27:15 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
[(Sorry, some attributions lines have got lost.) Vicky (I think) said:]
Please can we not have Lexi stay and do that job. It seems she is
still planning to help Adam and Ian :(. Hopefully it will fail and she
I hope you are showing you're thinking the plot's implausible in some
way, rather than showing opposition to the principle of surrogacy.
No I am not opposed to the principle.
I am bored with Adam and Ian angsting and dislike Lexi and her voice
so want her to go home.
[]
For the record, I like Lexi (so far - I'm a bit apprehensive of what
she's going to announce). I wonder if it's a male/female thing.
I like Lexi too, and hope she stays, maybe as somerat has suggested
stepping into Geraldine's shoes. So not necessarily a male/female thing.
Or, she could be destined to fill the sudden vacancy in The Bull. I know
she would be even later than Joe in expressing an interest, but I bet
that won't be a problem once they discover that none of the current
applicants are up to scratch and that she is available.

If Lexi does stay, though, I hope she can bring her girls over too, she
clearly doesn't want to be away from them. Perhaps her mother could come
too, if she has nobody to stay for, she has been looking after her
granddaughters for some time and would, no doubt, miss them.
2018-11-11 15:02:11 UTC
[...]
Never mind a border between Northern Ireland and the Republic or down
the middle of the Irish Sea, let's see if a border around Borcetshire
might be the solution we are looking for. The situation described in
your final paragraph almost mirrors a family I know (the father and the
children have British citizenship, the mother, sister and grandmother
who don't are getting very worried indeed). Perhaps the Beeb is setting
something up now in order to knock it down again on March 29th.

2018-11-11 20:14:11 UTC
Never mind a border between Northern Ireland and the Republic or down
the middle of the Irish Sea, let's see if a border around Borcetshire
might be the solution we are looking for. The situation described in
your final paragraph almost mirrors a family I know (the father and the
children have British citizenship, the mother, sister and grandmother
who don't are getting very worried indeed). Perhaps the Beeb is setting
something up now in order to knock it down again on March 29th.
Yes, that seems all too likely.
Where there's a will, I want to be in it.
DavidK
2018-11-11 15:04:50 UTC
[...]
Uprooting teenage girls sounds cruel, but I'm not qualified to have an
opinion on that. What was the name of another woman with that sort of
accent, had teenage girls, chared for Peggy, and was semi-attached to
the man in the caravan?
krw
2018-11-11 15:20:40 UTC
Post by DavidK
[...]
Elona? Darryl? And probably charred for Peggy.
2018-11-11 16:29:50 UTC
Post by DavidK
[...]
Perhaps her surname is Burns?
2018-11-11 19:05:08 UTC
Post by DavidK
[...]
Yes, I did wonder about that as I wrote. I don't think we know enough to
judge how good an idea this is, like how old they are, or whether they
speak English, or how the Bulgarian school system works, or how long
Lexi plans to stay.

If she is going to fail to get pregnant in the next few weeks and tell
Roy that it is over, then Lexi doesn't really need a job at Lower Loxley
or The Bull, and there is no reason to uproot the girls. If she wants to
marry Roy and live with him, then either the girls don't see much of
their mum, or Roy goes there and doesn't see his daughters much, or the
girls come here. It is a question of which is the least bad option.
Post by DavidK
What was the name of another woman with that sort of
accent, had teenage girls, chared for Peggy, and was semi-attached to
the man in the caravan?
Elona?  Darryl?  And probably charred for Peggy.
Yes, Elona and Darrell Makepeace.
2018-11-11 20:13:28 UTC
Post by DavidK
Uprooting teenage girls sounds cruel, but I'm not qualified to have
an opinion on that.
Yes, I did wonder about that as I wrote. I don't think we know enough to
judge how good an idea this is, like how old they are, or whether they
speak English, or how the Bulgarian school system works, or how long
Lexi plans to stay.
If she is going to fail to get pregnant in the next few weeks and tell
Roy that it is over, then Lexi doesn't really need a job at Lower Loxley
or The Bull, and there is no reason to uproot the girls. If she wants to
marry Roy and live with him, then either the girls don't see much of
their mum, or Roy goes there and doesn't see his daughters much, or the
girls come here. It is a question of which is the least bad option.
I agree. The way she's acting towards Roy doesn't make it sound as if
she's planning to marry him though. It sounds much more as if she's
planning to dump him, while staying in the UK, but needs to work out the
logistics, such as getting a job and somewhere to live first.

Even if she's only planning to be over here for a year or so, while
producing Adam and Ian's baby, she might feel that bringing her
daughters over here was the better option. Not knowing much about the
Bulgarian school system nor about exactly how old her daughters are,
it's hard to guess whether I'd agree with her.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
DavidK
2018-11-11 20:59:50 UTC
Post by DavidK
[...]
It might be that she loves Roy but loves her daughters more and has to
wait to see which way the Brexit wind blows. Perhaps she has to marry
him to get permission for her daughters to live here.
Serena Blanchflower
2018-11-11 21:49:29 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by carolet
Post by DavidK
[...]
I agree that that that would be possible but, to me at any rate, it
doesn't seem to fit with the way she was talking to Roy, when she came
back. It sounded far more as if she was getting ready to dump him, than
as if she had just been reunited with the love of her life.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened.
(Terry Pratchett)
Chris McMillan
2018-11-12 15:30:54 UTC
Post by DavidK
[...]
I seem to remember she has said how old the girls are, young to midteens.

2018-11-12 15:30:53 UTC
Post by DavidK
[...]
Elona was originally a care assistant at The Laurels, later the char for
Peggoi, Daryl was Elona’s husband. There were two teenage girls, forget
their names

2018-11-12 23:18:26 UTC
Post by DavidK
[...]
One of them was Rosa. We heard her speak and I therefore have a record
of her name. I don't think we heard the other one speak, I can't find
her in my overall cast list anyway.
2018-11-13 08:55:05 UTC
On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 23:18:26 +0000, carolet
Post by DavidK
[...]
I liked Elona and was sorry she left. I don't like Lexi and hope she
goes. I wonder if we'll get some ending to her story. We don't
always. We never confirmed the books were cooked by Rob and that
worker who vanished was buried under the patio at thingy cottage.
There were other loose ends too. Matt's suitcases.
Mike
2018-11-13 08:58:52 UTC
Post by DavidK
[...]
.... and where is Nelson???
2018-11-13 09:20:02 UTC
that
worker who vanished was buried under the patio at thingy cottage.
Hamlet? His ghost came back and blackmailed Rob but was overheard by
umbrella (Lilian?)
Mike
2018-11-13 09:24:49 UTC
We never confirmed the books were cooked by Rob
Correction. Charlie Thomas extracted confirmation from Rob that he had
amended the fertility figures as one of the staff had been failing to
capture the data. No money was lost as a result of this amendment.

and that
Post by Vicky Ayech
worker who vanished was buried under the patio at thingy cottage.
Correction. He returned, tried to blackmail Rob and told his story to
Justin who was then able to dismiss Rob.
Post by Vicky Ayech
There were other loose ends too. Matt's suitcases.
Correction. Lillian collected them on Matt's behalf. We do not know
what they contained but we know he was leaving so no doubt it contained
his worldly goods.
SODAM
Fenny
2018-11-13 19:27:33 UTC
Post by carolet
One of them was Rosa. We heard her speak and I therefore have a record
of her name. I don't think we heard the other one speak, I can't find
her in my overall cast list anyway.
Didn't one of them work for Mike at the dairy at one point? And was
the other one called Anna, or have I just misremembered?
2018-11-14 12:14:12 UTC
Post by carolet
One of them was Rosa. We heard her speak and I therefore have a record
of her name. I don't think we heard the other one speak, I can't find
her in my overall cast list anyway.
Didn't one of them work for Mike at the dairy at one point? And was
the other one called Anna, or have I just misremembered?
Yes, I think you are right on both counts.
2018-11-12 11:28:31 UTC
In message <ps9eue$c8s$***@dont-email.me>, carolet
<***@btinternet.com> writes:
If Lexi does stay, though, I hope she can bring her girls over too, she
clearly doesn't want to be away from them. Perhaps her mother could
come too, if she has nobody to stay for, she has been looking after her
granddaughters for some time and would, no doubt, miss them.
Indeed. And topically, they need to do it before Brexit.

"The wish of the lazy to allow unsupervised access [to the internet] to their
children should not reduce all adults browsing to the level of suitability for a
five-year-old." Yaman Akdeniz, quoted in Inter//face (The Times, 1999-2-10): p12