Earphones
2020-01-11 13:09:30 UTC
A little while ago some kind Umrat - yes, I know all Umrats are kind,
but this was one of you in particular and I agopolize profusely for
forgetting who you are - recommended that I try SODIAL(R) Clip 3.5mm
Waterproof Earphones because I have an odd-shaped ear which doesn't
accommodate the usual in-ear type.

Brilliant! They took a little while to arrive from China and then it
was some time before I had an opportunity to give them a proper
work-out, but I am using them in earnest (see what I did there?) now for
the first time and I am delighted with them.

Much thanks! Umra rules!
Wrexham, UK
Mike
2020-01-11 13:12:28 UTC
A little while ago some kind Umrat - yes, I know all Umrats are kind,
but this was one of you in particular and I agopolize profusely for
forgetting who you are - recommended that I try SODIAL(R) Clip 3.5mm
Waterproof Earphones because I have an odd-shaped ear which doesn't
accommodate the usual in-ear type.
Brilliant! They took a little while to arrive from China and then it
was some time before I had an opportunity to give them a proper
work-out, but I am using them in earnest (see what I did there?) now for
the first time and I am delighted with them.
Much thanks! Umra rules!
I like the idea of ear nests!:-)
2020-01-11 13:17:52 UTC
Brilliant! They took a little while to arrive from China and then it
was some time before I had an opportunity to give them a proper
work-out, but I am using them in earnest (see what I did there?) now
for the first time and I am delighted with them.
Much thanks! Umra rules!
I like the idea of ear nests!:-)
I don't. Two Owls and a Hen, four Larks and a Wren.
That's a beard-nest. HTH HAND
Jim Easterbrook
2020-01-11 14:37:54 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Brilliant! They took a little while to arrive from China and then it
was some time before I had an opportunity to give them a proper
work-out, but I am using them in earnest (see what I did there?) now
for the first time and I am delighted with them.
Much thanks! Umra rules!
I like the idea of ear nests!:-)
I don't. Two Owls and a Hen, four Larks and a Wren.
That's a beard-nest. HTH HAND
Yeah, but I wouldn't trust that lot to stay there.
The older owl has a bit of history with a pussycat...
Vicky Ayech
2020-01-11 13:32:16 UTC
On Sat, 11 Jan 2020 13:09:30 +0000, Jenny M Benson
Post by Jenny M Benson
A little while ago some kind Umrat - yes, I know all Umrats are kind,
but this was one of you in particular and I agopolize profusely for
forgetting who you are - recommended that I try SODIAL(R) Clip 3.5mm
Waterproof Earphones because I have an odd-shaped ear which doesn't
accommodate the usual in-ear type.
Brilliant! They took a little while to arrive from China and then it
was some time before I had an opportunity to give them a proper
work-out, but I am using them in earnest (see what I did there?) now for
the first time and I am delighted with them.
Much thanks! Umra rules!
I've got funny ears too. It means I'm onthe 3rd design of hearing aid
as they tend to fall out. And replacing lost ones was expensive.The
NHS only supply the original and then you have to pay. Sadly although
they don't fall out the current ones also block sounds :(. You don't
mean that kind of earphone, do you? Those never went well for me
either.I had to have over the top of the head ones.On a band.
BrritSki
You keep them in A HANDBAG ?
Mike
2020-01-11 22:30:38 UTC
A little while ago some kind Umrat - yes, I know all Umrats are kind,
but this was one of you in particular and I agopolize profusely for
forgetting who you are - recommended that I try SODIAL(R) Clip 3.5mm
Waterproof Earphones because I have an odd-shaped ear which doesn't
accommodate the usual in-ear type.
Brilliant!  They took a little while to arrive from China and then it
was some time before I had an opportunity to give them a proper
work-out, but I am using them in earnest (see what I did there?) now for
the first time and I am delighted with them.
Much thanks!  Umra rules!
I did not look at them before. Do you clip them on the earlobe to hold
in place?
2020-01-12 09:58:20 UTC
Do you clip them on the earlobe to hold in place?
No, I thought I needed that sort because conventional in-ear ones
wouldn't stay in my left ear. With these the little rubber cap over the
in-earpiece is like a little tower (about 1.25 cms long) formed of 3
very soft rings of diminishing size. They are very comfortable and secure.
Wrexham, UK
Sid Nuncius
2020-01-12 18:09:17 UTC
Do you clip them on the earlobe to hold in place?
No, I thought I needed that sort because conventional in-ear ones
wouldn't stay in my left ear.  With these the little rubber cap over the
in-earpiece is like a little tower (about 1.25 cms long) formed of 3
very soft rings of diminishing size.  They are very comfortable and secure.
Like this?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xcessor-Replacement-Silicone-Compatible-Headphone-Black/dp/B008NOHPO4

If they suit you, some cheap replacements will fit most in-ear
headphones (IEMs).

May be helpful, maybe not.
2020-01-12 23:52:58 UTC
On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 18:09:17 +0000, Sid Nuncius
Do you clip them on the earlobe to hold in place?
No, I thought I needed that sort because conventional in-ear ones
wouldn't stay in my left ear.  With these the little rubber cap over the
in-earpiece is like a little tower (about 1.25 cms long) formed of 3
very soft rings of diminishing size.  They are very comfortable and secure.
Like this?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xcessor-Replacement-Silicone-Compatible-Headphone-Black/dp/B008NOHPO4
If they suit you, some cheap replacements will fit most in-ear
headphones (IEMs).
May be helpful, maybe not.
Similar, but the ones we are talking about look like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TOOGOO-Water-Headphone-Earphone-Underwater-White/dp/B01M5JBQRC

They come in under three quid and have various different brand names.
The thing is that they are supplied with two large and two smaller
silicone ear buds so can accommodated different sized ear canals.

2020-01-13 06:13:12 UTC
[...]
Thanks, Nick. Interesting.
2020-01-13 08:29:03 UTC
[...]
Nick
No wonder one hears about dried-up canals!
2020-01-13 12:26:43 UTC
They come in under three quid and have various different brand names.
The thing is that they are supplied with two large and two smaller
silicone ear buds so can accommodated different sized ear canals.
Nick
No wonder one hears about dried-up canals!
The Martians are coming!

(DUM-DUM DUMMM [on cellos] ...)

I don't like that word [atheist]; it implies that there's a god not to believe
in - Eric Idle, quoted in RT 2016/12/10-16
Steve Hague
2020-01-13 15:03:01 UTC
They come in under three quid and have various different brand names.
The thing is that they are supplied with two large and two smaller
silicone ear buds so can accommodated different sized ear canals.
Nick
No wonder one hears about dried-up canals!
The Martians are coming!
(DUM-DUM DUMMM [on cellos] ...)
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one.
Steve
Nick Leverton
2020-01-13 15:56:26 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
They come in under three quid and have various different brand names.
The thing is that they are supplied with two large and two smaller
silicone ear buds so can accommodated different sized ear canals.
Nick
No wonder one hears about dried-up canals!
The Martians are coming!
(DUM-DUM DUMMM [on cellos] ...)
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one.
Well, so they say ...

Nick Leverton
2020-01-13 22:00:15 UTC
Post by Nick Leverton
Post by Steve Hague
They come in under three quid and have various different brand names.
The thing is that they are supplied with two large and two smaller
silicone ear buds so can accommodated different sized ear canals.
No wonder one hears about dried-up canals!
The Martians are coming!
(DUM-DUM DUMMM [on cellos] ...)
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one.
Well, so they say ...
But still...
Come again ?

2020-01-14 08:35:02 UTC
Post by Nick Leverton
Post by Nick Leverton
Post by Steve Hague
They come in under three quid and have various different brand names.
The thing is that they are supplied with two large and two smaller
silicone ear buds so can accommodated different sized ear canals.
No wonder one hears about dried-up canals!
The Martians are coming!
(DUM-DUM DUMMM [on cellos] ...)
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one.
Well, so they say ...
But still...
Come again ?
Nick
Let Ma have a bit of a rest first!
2020-01-13 21:40:35 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
They come in under three quid and have various different brand names.
The thing is that they are supplied with two large and two smaller
silicone ear buds so can accommodated different sized ear canals.
Nick
No wonder one hears about dried-up canals!
The Martians are coming!
(DUM-DUM DUMMM [on cellos] ...)
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one.
But as Terry Pratchett said,
“Million-to-one chances...crop up nine times out of ten.”
2020-01-13 10:52:37 UTC
On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 23:52:58 +0000, Nick Odell
Post by Nick Odell
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TOOGOO-Water-Headphone-Earphone-Underwater-White/dp/B01M5JBQRC
They come in under three quid and have various different brand names.
The thing is that they are supplied with two large and two smaller
silicone ear buds so can accommodated different sized ear canals.
Ooo, lots of clips too :)
Just need an underwater mp3/radio to go with.
2020-01-13 11:08:33 UTC
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TOOGOO-Water-Headphone-Earphone-Underwater-White/dp/B01M5JBQRC
They come in under three quid and have various different brand names.
The thing is that they are supplied with two large and two smaller
silicone ear buds so can accommodated different sized ear canals.
The only complaint I have about them is that the lead is very short.

One time when I want to use earphones is when I am listening to radio
via my PC while the electronic garter carriage, which is rather noisy,
is working on my knitting machine, which is sited at right-angles and
quite close to my desk. Sometimes I need to swivel my chair to attend
to the knitting machine rather than the computer, but I've found I need
to unplug or remove the earphones in order to do so.

The earbuds are so efficient that if I simply unplug from the speaker, I
can't hear the audio!
Wrexham, UK
Nick Odell
2020-01-12 00:18:18 UTC
Post by Jenny M Benson
A little while ago some kind Umrat - yes, I know all Umrats are kind,
but this was one of you in particular and I agopolize profusely for
forgetting who you are - recommended that I try SODIAL(R) Clip 3.5mm
Waterproof Earphones because I have an odd-shaped ear which doesn't
accommodate the usual in-ear type.
Brilliant! They took a little while to arrive from China and then it
was some time before I had an opportunity to give them a proper
work-out, but I am using them in earnest (see what I did there?) now for
the first time and I am delighted with them.
Much thanks! Umra rules!
I think that was probably me. I'm glad you like them. My first pair
are still going strong though the plastic coating on the wire is
losing its flexibility and getting thinner so every day I think they
are going to fail any day now. But they don't. Still got my spare sets
waiting...