OT Church music
Add Reply
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2019-09-22 17:44:21 UTC
As not only the Organist but also the usual two stand-ins were away, my wife played for this morning's service for her first time.
Mike
2019-09-22 17:54:51 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
As not only the Organist but also the usual two stand-ins were away, my
wife played for this morning's service for her first time.
You mean Phil Archer wasn’t available?!
2019-09-22 18:24:08 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
As not only the Organist but also the usual two stand-ins were away, my wife played for this morning's service for her first time.
Well done that wife! I'm impressed. I trust all went well?
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2019-09-22 19:20:07 UTC
Thanks, Sid. Yes, all well.
Rosalind Mitchell
2019-09-22 19:57:48 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
As not only the Organist but also the usual two stand-ins were away,
my wife played for this morning's service for her first time.
Is that a flourish on the Zart Posaun or just a flash of the knickers?

Rosie
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2019-09-24 13:25:30 UTC
Rosie, in-voluntary, out-voluntary, five hymns, most of the setting (but we never sing the creed) and a little bit as the rector goes up to the pulpit. The latter might have involved posaune stops on the organ.
Rosalind Mitchell
2019-09-24 13:43:04 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Rosie, in-voluntary, out-voluntary, five hymns, most of the setting
(but we never sing the creed) and a little bit as the rector goes up
to the pulpit. The latter might have involved posaune stops on the
organ.
And very well done Mrs Tony!

There was a time, many years ago, when it was my job in collusion with
my friend Chris the organist (the one who is now a Canon of Norwich
Cathedral) to undermine the particular curate who wanted to skip the
Kyrie. Chris started playing and I started singing it before said curate
could so anything about it.

I have to say as a non-theist Quaker that I do enjoy a good organ along
with bells, smells and fiery handbags. St Brides Kelvinside delivers
the goods hereabouts.

Rosie
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2019-09-26 22:18:03 UTC
Rosie, I don't think I have ever been in Glasgow on a Sunday.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-09-27 02:11:38 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Rosie, I don't think I have ever been in Glasgow on a Sunday.
The weather in Bratislava is pleasant at this time of year?

What's really worth knowing is for the most part unlearnable until you have
enough experience to even recognise it as knowledge, let alone as useful
knowledge. - Wolf K <***@sympatico.ca>, in alt.windows7.general, 2017-4-30
Mike
2019-09-27 07:26:35 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Rosie, I don't think I have ever been in Glasgow on a Sunday.
The weather in Bratislava is pleasant at this time of year?
It is raining not in Japan also.
2019-09-23 15:16:07 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
As not only the Organist but also the usual two stand-ins were away, my
wife played for this morning's service for her first time.
Well done Mrs S!