Shula/Kenton
k***@btinternet.com
2020-06-19 15:38:18 UTC
So we have at least one real life Kenton, but does anyone know a Shula?
I'm a Kenton and I'm older than Kenton in the Archers....so....and we also have (had) a Schula and she was older than me.
Vicky Ayech
2020-06-19 16:32:59 UTC
Are you anotehr ex-lurker and this was your debut? If so, how nice!
Sally Thompson
2020-06-19 21:10:43 UTC
Post by k***@btinternet.com
So we have at least one real life Kenton, but does anyone know a Shula?
I'm a Kenton and I'm older than Kenton in the Archers....so....and we
also have (had) a Schula and she was older than me.
Are you anotehr ex-lurker and this was your debut? If so, how nice!
That was a very long lurk, replying to a post from 1996!
2020-06-19 21:28:38 UTC
On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 at 21:10:43, Sally Thompson
Post by k***@btinternet.com
So we have at least one real life Kenton, but does anyone know a Shula?
I'm a Kenton and I'm older than Kenton in the Archers....so....and we
also have (had) a Schula and she was older than me.
Are you anotehr ex-lurker and this was your debut? If so, how nice!
That was a very long lurk, replying to a post from 1996!
Those wanting to play try https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl -
both names _have_ been around longer than TA, though the earlier Shulas
might all be versions of Shulamite. (There are few enough of each that
it doesn't hit the limit, so you can just tick "Births" and enter the
forename with no surname.)

Of course some of it [television] is bad. But some of everything is bad -
books, music, family ... - Melvyn Bragg, RT 2017/7/1-7
Mike
2020-06-20 08:09:50 UTC
Post by k***@btinternet.com
So we have at least one real life Kenton, but does anyone know a Shula?
I'm a Kenton and I'm older than Kenton in the Archers....so....and we
also have (had) a Schula and she was older than me.
Are you anotehr ex-lurker and this was your debut? If so, how nice!
That was a very long lurk, replying to a post from 1996!
Gillivering is not dead yet then!
2020-06-20 14:10:36 UTC
That was a very long lurk, replying to a post from 1996!
Gillivering is not dead yet then!
Sadly, when UMRA had invented the terms, and one or two even kindly used
them elsewhere, they never got enough traction for me to feel justified
in sending my brother a virtual 4" × 6" card. (Not least because the -
less pleasant IMO - term "necroposting" already existed.)

The best way to achieve immortality is by not dying.
Mike
2020-06-19 22:00:01 UTC
Post by k***@btinternet.com
So we have at least one real life Kenton, but does anyone know a Shula?
I'm a Kenton and I'm older than Kenton in the Archers....so....and we also have (had) a Schula and she was older than me.
Are you anotehr ex-lurker and this was your debut? If so, how nice!
Especially in reply to a 24 year-old question.