spoiler Monday 9/8/21
2021-08-09 20:47:35 UTC
Although harrowing that was actually a good episode in story direction
for the Aldridge household and the fete. And the acting was very good
and the writing fine too. I seem to recal;l Monday was ok last week
and then it went down the pan for the rest of the week so hope that
doesn't happen again. Someone on fb suggested the work experience
kids were in charge now as the real writers were on summer break, but
not this week so far.

I very much want Lynda to either not be the celeb or get a bad
reception as she is not a celeb and should not have got an MBE. I was
glad jenny slapped Alice and it is not Rory's fault he was born. But I
could see he was maybe irritating telling Alice to stop drinking and
go to rehab. We know the person has towant to.

Having to get 3 As, one of them starred, to get his uni place sounds a
bit high, doesn't it? What did he want to study?
Hellerat
2021-08-13 15:38:39 UTC
[...]
It was a very good episode, I agree. Have we ever been told what Ruairi wants to study at
university? I doubt it's agriculture, given where we know he's going to study!
--
Yassas,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Hellerat
Serena Blanchflower
2021-08-14 12:53:48 UTC
Post by Hellerat
It was a very good episode, I agree. Have we ever been told what Ruairi
wants to study at university? I doubt it's agriculture, given where we
know he's going to study!
No, we haven't, Keri has confirmed this, on Twitter, and made it clear
that this is deliberate:

<https://twitter.com/keridavies/status/1425873966279843843>

ISTR him saying something to Ben, some months ago, that he was hoping to
end up with something lucrative in the City, so my guess would be
something in the Business / Management sphere.
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it. (Anon)
Chris
2021-08-14 18:30:58 UTC
Post by Hellerat
It was a very good episode, I agree. Have we ever been told what Ruairi
wants to study at university? I doubt it's agriculture, given where we
know he's going to study!
No, we haven't, Keri has confirmed this, on Twitter, and made it clear
<https://twitter.com/keridavies/status/1425873966279843843>
ISTR him saying something to Ben, some months ago, that he was hoping to
end up with something lucrative in the City, so my guess would be
something in the Business / Management sphere.
Is that not umra’s Brenda Selwyn or is it not possible to see?

2021-08-14 19:09:45 UTC
Post by Chris
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Post by Hellerat
It was a very good episode, I agree. Have we ever been told what Ruairi
wants to study at university? I doubt it's agriculture, given where we
know he's going to study!
No, we haven't, Keri has confirmed this, on Twitter, and made it clear
<https://twitter.com/keridavies/status/1425873966279843843>
ISTR him saying something to Ben, some months ago, that he was hoping to
end up with something lucrative in the City, so my guess would be
something in the Business / Management sphere.
Is that not umra’s Brenda Selwyn or is it not possible to see?
Sincerely Chris
Yes, it is :)
My friend drowned in a bowl of muesli - he was pulled in by a strong
current.
Chris
2021-08-15 08:13:11 UTC
Post by Hellerat
It was a very good episode, I agree. Have we ever been told what Ruairi
wants to study at university? I doubt it's agriculture, given where we
know he's going to study!
No, we haven't, Keri has confirmed this, on Twitter, and made it clear
<https://twitter.com/keridavies/status/1425873966279843843>
ISTR him saying something to Ben, some months ago, that he was hoping to
end up with something lucrative in the City, so my guess would be
something in the Business / Management sphere.
Is that not umra’s Brenda Selwyn or is it not possible to see?
Sincerely Chris
Yes, it is :)
Chuckle. If you can, say we’ve not forgotten her but I don’t Twitter and
he doesn’t social media.

2021-08-15 09:00:16 UTC
Post by Hellerat
It was a very good episode, I agree. Have we ever been told what Ruairi
wants to study at university? I doubt it's agriculture, given where we
know he's going to study!
No, we haven't, Keri has confirmed this, on Twitter, and made it clear
<https://twitter.com/keridavies/status/1425873966279843843>
ISTR him saying something to Ben, some months ago, that he was hoping to
end up with something lucrative in the City, so my guess would be
something in the Business / Management sphere.
Is that not umra’s Brenda Selwyn or is it not possible to see?
Sincerely Chris
Yes, it is :)
Chuckle. If you can, say we’ve not forgotten her but I don’t Twitter and
he doesn’t social media.
Sincerely Chris
And of course, her moniker of ‘NAPPIES & BURPS’ has not been forgotten.
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Serena Blanchflower
2021-08-15 11:19:04 UTC
Post by Hellerat
It was a very good episode, I agree. Have we ever been told what Ruairi
wants to study at university? I doubt it's agriculture, given where we
know he's going to study!
No, we haven't, Keri has confirmed this, on Twitter, and made it clear
<https://twitter.com/keridavies/status/1425873966279843843>
ISTR him saying something to Ben, some months ago, that he was hoping to
end up with something lucrative in the City, so my guess would be
something in the Business / Management sphere.
Is that not umra’s Brenda Selwyn or is it not possible to see?
Sincerely Chris
Yes, it is :)
Chuckle. If you can, say we’ve not forgotten her but I don’t Twitter and
he doesn’t social media.
Sincerely Chris
And of course, her moniker of ‘NAPPIES & BURPS’ has not been forgotten.
Have done. Brenda has yet to respond but, if she does, I'll pass it on.
Keri though has responded with:
<https://twitter.com/keridavies/status/1426844999128342530>
If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude (Maya Angelou)
Nick Odell
2021-08-15 14:05:27 UTC
On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 12:19:04 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Hellerat
[...]
Following your link to Twitter I see that Mr Davies has broken down
the authorship of the four episodes this week - which sort-of answers
Vicky's question elsewhere.

Well... I couldn't see the join. I think they were all excellent. FWIW
I listened on Monday evening but thought the week was going to be a
bit too intense for me so I decided to listen to the omni instead.

Sitting down this morning with a CCL (café con leche) and knowing what
to expect after Monday night, I heard the whole story through. As I
said above, excellent, important and I couldn't see the join. Well
done that team!

I'm now looking forward to finding out who tonight's celebrity guest
might be: as of this morning, Ashraf Ghani doesn't seem to have a
whole lot to do...

2021-08-15 19:01:13 UTC
I'm now looking forward to finding out who tonight's celebrity guest
might be: as of this morning, Ashraf Ghani doesn't seem to have a
whole lot to do...
I think the actual choice of celebrity was inspired!
We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
(Martin Luther King Jr.)
Nick Odell
2021-08-15 19:15:45 UTC
On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 20:01:13 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
I'm now looking forward to finding out who tonight's celebrity guest
might be: as of this morning, Ashraf Ghani doesn't seem to have a
whole lot to do...
I think the actual choice of celebrity was inspired!
I agree with you: yes it was! Though I have to say that after absolute
writing and acting treat of last week I felt the episode was a bit of
-well- an anticlimax.

2021-08-15 19:26:39 UTC
On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 20:01:13 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
I'm now looking forward to finding out who tonight's celebrity guest
might be: as of this morning, Ashraf Ghani doesn't seem to have a
whole lot to do...
I think the actual choice of celebrity was inspired!
I agree with you: yes it was! Though I have to say that after absolute
writing and acting treat of last week I felt the episode was a bit of
-well- an anticlimax.
After last week, which was brilliantly done, I think a bit of light
relief was much needed. This was one of the relatively few occasions
when the light relief worked, rather than going down like a lead balloon.
Be careful what you wish for; it just may come true.
Vicky Ayech
2021-08-15 21:10:46 UTC
On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 20:15:45 +0100, Nick Odell
Post by Nick Odell
On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 20:01:13 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
I'm now looking forward to finding out who tonight's celebrity guest
might be: as of this morning, Ashraf Ghani doesn't seem to have a
whole lot to do...
I think the actual choice of celebrity was inspired!
I agree with you: yes it was! Though I have to say that after absolute
writing and acting treat of last week I felt the episode was a bit of
-well- an anticlimax.
Nick
I'd rather have had a real celebrity but she was ok and the episode
was too. Unusually the humour didn't make me cringe.
Penny
2021-08-15 21:58:24 UTC
On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 22:10:46 +0100, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
Post by Nick Odell
On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 20:01:13 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
I'm now looking forward to finding out who tonight's celebrity guest
might be: as of this morning, Ashraf Ghani doesn't seem to have a
whole lot to do...
I think the actual choice of celebrity was inspired!
I agree with you: yes it was! Though I have to say that after absolute
writing and acting treat of last week I felt the episode was a bit of
-well- an anticlimax.
Nick
I'd rather have had a real celebrity but she was ok and the episode
was too. Unusually the humour didn't make me cringe.
I thought she was great - far better than many celebs who have appeared
over the years (none of whom I can recall just now).
2021-08-15 22:08:42 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 20:01:13 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
I'm now looking forward to finding out who tonight's celebrity guest
might be: as of this morning, Ashraf Ghani doesn't seem to have a
whole lot to do...
I think the actual choice of celebrity was inspired!
I agree with you: yes it was! Though I have to say that after absolute
writing and acting treat of last week I felt the episode was a bit of
-well- an anticlimax.
Nick
I'd rather have had a real celebrity but she was ok and the episode
was too. Unusually the humour didn't make me cringe.
I liked the fact it was someone with a realistic level of celebrity to
be likely to agree to judge a village scarecrow competition.
For everything you have missed you have gained something else; and for
everything you gain, you lose something else. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Mike McMillan
2021-08-16 08:22:55 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 20:01:13 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
I'm now looking forward to finding out who tonight's celebrity guest
might be: as of this morning, Ashraf Ghani doesn't seem to have a
whole lot to do...
I think the actual choice of celebrity was inspired!
I agree with you: yes it was! Though I have to say that after absolute
writing and acting treat of last week I felt the episode was a bit of
-well- an anticlimax.
Nick
I'd rather have had a real celebrity but she was ok and the episode
was too. Unusually the humour didn't make me cringe.
I liked the fact it was someone with a realistic level of celebrity to
be likely to agree to judge a village scarecrow competition.
Perhaps HRH Brenda was a bit busy…
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Nick Odell
2021-08-16 10:31:05 UTC
On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 08:22:55 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
Post by Nick Odell
On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 20:01:13 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
I'm now looking forward to finding out who tonight's celebrity guest
might be: as of this morning, Ashraf Ghani doesn't seem to have a
whole lot to do...
I think the actual choice of celebrity was inspired!
I agree with you: yes it was! Though I have to say that after absolute
writing and acting treat of last week I felt the episode was a bit of
-well- an anticlimax.
Nick
I'd rather have had a real celebrity but she was ok and the episode
was too. Unusually the humour didn't make me cringe.
I liked the fact it was someone with a realistic level of celebrity to
be likely to agree to judge a village scarecrow competition.
Perhaps HRH Brenda was a bit busy…
Oh I don't know. I would have thought she would have jumped at the
chance to get out of the house for a bit - given the lodgers she's
taken in recently.

2021-08-16 12:20:25 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
[...]
Bit of a ‘Windsor Tie’ innit?
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Mike Ruddock
2021-08-16 08:42:30 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 20:01:13 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
I'm now looking forward to finding out who tonight's celebrity guest
might be: as of this morning, Ashraf Ghani doesn't seem to have a
whole lot to do...
I think the actual choice of celebrity was inspired!
I agree with you: yes it was! Though I have to say that after absolute
writing and acting treat of last week I felt the episode was a bit of
-well- an anticlimax.
Nick
I'd rather have had a real celebrity but she was ok and the episode
was too. Unusually the humour didn't make me cringe.
I liked the fact it was someone with a realistic level of celebrity to
be likely to agree to judge a village scarecrow competition.
Can somebody remind me who Jackie Weaver is?

mike Ruddock
Vicky Ayech
2021-08-16 08:59:09 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 20:01:13 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
I'm now looking forward to finding out who tonight's celebrity guest
might be: as of this morning, Ashraf Ghani doesn't seem to have a
whole lot to do...
I think the actual choice of celebrity was inspired!
I agree with you: yes it was! Though I have to say that after absolute
writing and acting treat of last week I felt the episode was a bit of
-well- an anticlimax.
Nick
I'd rather have had a real celebrity but she was ok and the episode
was too. Unusually the humour didn't make me cringe.
I liked the fact it was someone with a realistic level of celebrity to
be likely to agree to judge a village scarecrow competition.
Can somebody remind me who Jackie Weaver is?
mike Ruddock
The woman who protested in a council meeting and refused to be
silenced and won but I umbrella the details.
Penny
2021-08-16 18:05:06 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Can somebody remind me who Jackie Weaver is?
This is what gave her her fifteen minutes of fame

2021-08-17 09:57:49 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Can somebody remind me who Jackie Weaver is?
This is what gave her her fifteen minutes of fame
http://youtu.be/jB3P_0GAi0I
Ah thank you.

2021-08-15 18:58:06 UTC
Post by Hellerat
[...]
Brenda says:

I haven't forgotten them either but I had forgotten about the moniker
until you mentioned it. I really should call in sometime, but in the
meantime you can tell them my son is 26 <Smiling face with smiling eyes>.

<https://twitter.com/BrendaMSelwyn/status/1426962627490684933>
You meet saints everywhere. They can be anywhere. They are people
behaving decently in an indecent society. (Kurt Vonnegut)
Chris
2021-08-16 08:46:55 UTC
Post by Hellerat
[...]
:). Message back to her. Brenda, it’s Mike who remembers that -
unfailingly. Hazel is 37 with two children!

2021-08-16 09:52:52 UTC
Post by Hellerat
[...]
Have done but, if you want further messages sent to her, you'll have to
get your own Twitter account ;)
Doctor, doctor! Please can you help me out?
Of course - which way did you come in?