ask EU .. traduced
2019-01-21 17:37:40 UTC
From Ambridge Observer <https://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.com/>
daughter traduced by an older roué
^^^^^^^^

and from google search "define:traduced"
"Speak badly of or tell lies about (someone) so as to damage their
reputation."

Was the writer of Ambride Observer merely wrong, or is there a similar
word she meant to use?

It was a totally new word to me, I had to look it up.
BrritSki
2019-01-21 18:11:46 UTC
Post by DavidK
From Ambridge Observer <https://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.com/>
    daughter traduced by an older roué
             ^^^^^^^^
and from google search "define:traduced"
    "Speak badly of or tell lies about (someone) so as to damage their
reputation."
Was the writer of Ambride Observer merely wrong, or is there a similar
word she meant to use?
I think the writer is wrong in that context, possibly they meant seduced ?

Longer term, in TA, traduced may well be the correct word... OP

Another book possibility: Atlas Shrugged, by Randy (Siobh)an, in which a
powerful businessman pleads not guilty to anything, ever.
Mike
2019-01-21 18:17:30 UTC
Post by DavidK
From Ambridge Observer <https://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.com/>
    daughter traduced by an older roué
             ^^^^^^^^
and from google search "define:traduced"
    "Speak badly of or tell lies about (someone) so as to damage their
reputation."
Was the writer of Ambride Observer merely wrong, or is there a similar
word she meant to use?
I think the writer is wrong in that context, possibly they meant seduced ?
Longer term, in TA, traduced may well be the correct word... OP
Another book possibility: Atlas Shrugged, by Randy (Siobh)an, in which a
powerful businessman pleads not guilty to anything, ever.
Oh! Hello Donald, I didn’t see you there!