Amazon goes a bit weird
2020-10-03 09:44:36 UTC
Look what I just got from them. Is it me or does this seem over
lovely? I'm just an ungrateful GOW aren't I?

Hello,

Greetings! Thank you for reaching out to me and giving me an
opportunity to help you.

This is Pranjal from VAT team here at Amazon.co.uk.

I understand your concern regarding the VAT refund for Order No:
026-0645193-4008314. I will make sure I take care of this for you on
priority.

Regarding this I have checked your order details and have found that
your order has not been dispatched yet. The system don't allow us to
take any action until the order is dispatched. Thus,in this situation
may I please request you to grant us the time until it is dispatched
as after that will be able to issue the VAT refund.

Please don't worry about this, I'm personally keeping a follow up on
this and will issue the VAT refund once the order is dispatched, and
send you a confirmation email about the same.

Please be assured that we are here to make things easier for you and
prevent you from bearing any loss.

You are truly one of our most loyal customers. It’s always been a
pleasure to serve you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. Take care and stay blessed.
Jenny M Benson
2020-10-03 09:48:57 UTC
Look what I just got from them. Is it me or does this seem over
lovely?
Definitely over lovely, but fairly typical of what happens these days, I
think.

I'm just an ungrateful GOW aren't I?

You and me both!
Wrexham, UK
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-10-03 14:05:44 UTC
Look what I just got from them. Is it me or does this seem over
lovely?
Definitely over lovely, but fairly typical of what happens these days,
I think.
When non-native-speakers are told to be nice to aggrieved customers, it
often does come out rather flowery. I love your phrase "over lovely"!
Post by Jenny M Benson
I'm just an ungrateful GOW aren't I?
You and me both!
Me too - well, GOM obviously. (Though I think I was G well before I came
close to being O [which by UMRA standards I'm not yet anyway].)

I've said before - and IIRR been agreed with, so ANAOU - that I'd far
rather they fix whatever the problem is than receive a shut-up payment.
(Though in your case it sounds as if solving the problem involves a
refund anyway.)

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
- J. K. Galbraith, economist
Sam Plusnet
2020-10-03 17:47:44 UTC
Look what I just got from them. Is it me or does this seem over
lovely?
Definitely over lovely, but fairly typical of what happens these days, I
think.
 I'm just an ungrateful GOW aren't I?
You and me both!
I fall into the GOM category, but my one word summary was 'fulsome'.
Peter
2020-10-03 10:42:41 UTC
Look what I just got from them. Is it me or does this seem over
lovely? I'm just an ungrateful GOW aren't I?
Hello,
Greetings! Thank you for reaching out to me and giving me an
opportunity to help you.
This is Pranjal from VAT team here at Amazon.co.uk.
It's computer-generated surely.