Dr Who?
2018-10-07 15:40:21 UTC
I see the BBC does not believe the sort of people who listen to the Archers
are also the sort of people who watch Dr Who. Or maybe they've figured out
we are all capable of time travelling when it comes to radio and TV
programmes these days.
2018-10-07 17:52:45 UTC
I see the BBC does not believe the sort of people who listen to the Archers
are also the sort of people who watch Dr Who. Or maybe they've figured out
we are all capable of time travelling when it comes to radio and TV
programmes these days.
Dunno about you but I listen to TA via electronic screwdriver.
2018-10-07 17:56:11 UTC
I see the BBC does not believe the sort of people who listen to the Archers
are also the sort of people who watch Dr Who. Or maybe they've figured out
we are all capable of time travelling when it comes to radio and TV
programmes these days.
Dunno about you but I listen to TA via electronic screwdriver.
Haven’t watched Dr Who since the sixties though.
2018-10-07 19:00:39 UTC
I see the BBC does not believe the sort of people who listen to the Archers
are also the sort of people who watch Dr Who. Or maybe they've figured out
we are all capable of time travelling when it comes to radio and TV
programmes these days.
Dunno about you but I listen to TA via electronic screwdriver.
Haven’t watched Dr Who since the sixties though.
It shows. s/electr/s/

2018-10-07 21:30:45 UTC
I see the BBC does not believe the sort of people who listen to the Archers
are also the sort of people who watch Dr Who. Or maybe they've figured out
we are all capable of time travelling when it comes to radio and TV
programmes these days.
Well, having done one but not the other this evening for the first
time in a while, I probably won't be doing either again for some time.
2018-10-08 22:47:15 UTC
On Sun, 07 Oct 2018 22:30:45 +0100, Fenny <***@removethis.gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Fenny
Post by Penny
I see the BBC does not believe the sort of people who listen to the Archers
are also the sort of people who watch Dr Who. Or maybe they've figured out
we are all capable of time travelling when it comes to radio and TV
programmes these days.
Well, having done one but not the other this evening for the first
time in a while, I probably won't be doing either again for some time.
Were you put off by disjointed Sheffield shots?

I was disappointed to lose Sharon D Clarke so soon - she didn't even get to
sing :(
Doubly disappointed if this means Bradley Walsh will be a recurring
character.
I dare say Ms Whittaker will be fine once she figures out who she is.
Have you watched it, Penny?
Penny
2018-10-09 08:15:13 UTC
On Tue, 09 Oct 2018 08:52:48 +0100, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
Post by Fenny
Post by Penny
I see the BBC does not believe the sort of people who listen to the Archers
are also the sort of people who watch Dr Who. Or maybe they've figured out
we are all capable of time travelling when it comes to radio and TV
programmes these days.
Well, having done one but not the other this evening for the first
time in a while, I probably won't be doing either again for some time.
Were you put off by disjointed Sheffield shots?
I was disappointed to lose Sharon D Clarke so soon - she didn't even get to
sing :(
Doubly disappointed if this means Bradley Walsh will be a recurring
character.
I dare say Ms Whittaker will be fine once she figures out who she is.
Have you watched it, Penny?
Erme, yes, hence my comments.
But she did figure out who she was just at the end.
Penny
2018-10-09 08:37:22 UTC
On Tue, 09 Oct 2018 09:16:27 +0100, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
Post by Fenny
Post by Penny
I see the BBC does not believe the sort of people who listen to the Archers
are also the sort of people who watch Dr Who. Or maybe they've figured out
we are all capable of time travelling when it comes to radio and TV
programmes these days.
Well, having done one but not the other this evening for the first
time in a while, I probably won't be doing either again for some time.
Were you put off by disjointed Sheffield shots?
I was disappointed to lose Sharon D Clarke so soon - she didn't even get to
sing :(
Doubly disappointed if this means Bradley Walsh will be a recurring
character.
I dare say Ms Whittaker will be fine once she figures out who she is.
Have you watched it, Penny?
Erme, yes, hence my comments.
But she did figure out who she was just at the end.
So next week she may display to us her new character...
2018-10-09 17:45:28 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by Penny
I see the BBC does not believe the sort of people who listen to the Archers
are also the sort of people who watch Dr Who. Or maybe they've figured out
we are all capable of time travelling when it comes to radio and TV
programmes these days.
Well, having done one but not the other this evening for the first
time in a while, I probably won't be doing either again for some time.
Were you put off by disjointed Sheffield shots?
Bro and I agreed that most of the shots could really have been
anywhere, except for the ones with the city centre skyline in the
background (or Bramall Lane - boo!)
Post by Penny
I was disappointed to lose Sharon D Clarke so soon - she didn't even get to
sing :(
Doubly disappointed if this means Bradley Walsh will be a recurring
character.
Yes, he's going to be one of the 3 new companions!
Post by Penny
I dare say Ms Whittaker will be fine once she figures out who she is.
If she starts speaking in proper sentences, rather than rushing round
like a squirrel on speed, it would help. But that seems to have been
the Doctor's MO since Matt Smith took over. Tennant did it to some
extent, but he was capable of sensible conversations, too.

I find the writing far too disjointed these days. In the Matt Smith
era, it was very "oooh, convoluted and confusing storyline with no
clue what was going on" for 42 minutes and then a bit of explanation
and then with a single bound he was free and we all understood
everything (or not). This is why I gave up. I didn't think this
episode was much better.

So, as I don't have a licence to watch it [1], I'm not likely to be
too worried that I'm not watching it.

[1] Visiting Ma on Sunday evening, so I could legally watch it. She
had no idea what was going on most of the time.
the Omrud
2018-10-08 09:17:34 UTC
I see the BBC does not believe the sort of people who listen to the Archers
are also the sort of people who watch Dr Who. Or maybe they've figured out
we are all capable of time travelling when it comes to radio and TV
programmes these days.
Well, we are time travelling. We're an hour adrift from the rest of you
at the moment.

New Doctor was excellent, herself. Rather a lightweight story, but
there was an awful lot of introductions to get through. I'm certainly
hoping we find the TARDIS next week.

I believe I've never missed an episode of Doctor Who since it started.
I'll probably never stop watching.
David
Sally Thompson
2018-10-08 10:16:23 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Penny
I see the BBC does not believe the sort of people who listen to the Archers
are also the sort of people who watch Dr Who. Or maybe they've figured out
we are all capable of time travelling when it comes to radio and TV
programmes these days.
Well, we are time travelling. We're an hour adrift from the rest of you
at the moment.
New Doctor was excellent, herself. Rather a lightweight story, but
there was an awful lot of introductions to get through. I'm certainly
hoping we find the TARDIS next week.
I believe I've never missed an episode of Doctor Who since it started.
I'll probably never stop watching.
I liked the fact that she was initially wearing an over-sized suit as
though it were Peter Capaldi's.

2018-10-08 19:36:40 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Penny
I see the BBC does not believe the sort of people who listen to the Archers
are also the sort of people who watch Dr Who. Or maybe they've figured out
we are all capable of time travelling when it comes to radio and TV
programmes these days.
Well, we are time travelling. We're an hour adrift from the rest of you
at the moment.
New Doctor was excellent, herself. Rather a lightweight story, but
there was an awful lot of introductions to get through. I'm certainly
hoping we find the TARDIS next week.
I believe I've never missed an episode of Doctor Who since it started.
I'll probably never stop watching.
I liked the fact that she was initially wearing an over-sized suit as
though it were Peter Capaldi's.
It was.
john
Really his suit? I hadn't realised.
2018-10-08 20:56:16 UTC
On 8 Oct 2018 19:36:40 GMT, Sally Thompson
Post by the Omrud
Post by Penny
I see the BBC does not believe the sort of people who listen to the Archers
are also the sort of people who watch Dr Who. Or maybe they've figured out
we are all capable of time travelling when it comes to radio and TV
programmes these days.
Well, we are time travelling. We're an hour adrift from the rest of you
at the moment.
New Doctor was excellent, herself. Rather a lightweight story, but
there was an awful lot of introductions to get through. I'm certainly
hoping we find the TARDIS next week.
I believe I've never missed an episode of Doctor Who since it started.
I'll probably never stop watching.
I liked the fact that she was initially wearing an over-sized suit as
though it were Peter Capaldi's.
It was.
john
Really his suit? I hadn't realised.
We watched tonight and I enjoyed it. B is reserving judgement :)
I like any Dr who is not Matt Smith.
carolet
2018-10-09 15:53:03 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Penny
I see the BBC does not believe the sort of people who listen to the Archers
are also the sort of people who watch Dr Who. Or maybe they've figured out
we are all capable of time travelling when it comes to radio and TV
programmes these days.
Well, we are time travelling. We're an hour adrift from the rest of you
at the moment.
New Doctor was excellent, herself. Rather a lightweight story, but
there was an awful lot of introductions to get through. I'm certainly
hoping we find the TARDIS next week.
I believe I've never missed an episode of Doctor Who since it started.
I'll probably never stop watching.
I liked the fact that she was initially wearing an over-sized suit as
though it were Peter Capaldi's.
It was.
john
Really his suit? I hadn't realised.
They usually start off wearing their predecessor's clothes. Even though
I know that, I was not convinced that she was, I was even wondering why
she wasn't.
2018-10-11 07:25:25 UTC
I see the BBC does not believe the sort of people who listen to the Archers
are also the sort of people who watch Dr Who. Or maybe they've figured out
we are all capable of time travelling when it comes to radio and TV
programmes these days.
I can all travel in my mind whilst listening to radioactive. Partly why I
listen to so much radio four