Sad news
Add Reply
Min
2019-05-25 01:41:08 UTC
I'm afraid that Paul Peters (aka the umra toad),
who long serving umrats may remember from umra
Sundays or the Archers Admirers' performances
on 'Only Connect' passed away after a long battle
with Cancer. I won't publish date and time of
funeral in case of lurking miscreants, but should
anyone be interested, leave your phobile number
here or text me on 07548081491. Goodbyes make my
throat hurt. I need more hellos.
Min
Sid Nuncius
2019-05-25 05:32:18 UTC
Post by Min
I'm afraid that Paul Peters (aka the umra toad),
who long serving umrats may remember from umra
Sundays or the Archers Admirers' performances
on 'Only Connect' passed away after a long battle
with Cancer. I won't publish date and time of
funeral in case of lurking miscreants, but should
anyone be interested, leave your phobile number
here or text me on 07548081491. Goodbyes make my
throat hurt. I need more hellos.
That is sad. I remember Paul - he was a good egg. Please pass on my
good wishes to his family.
2019-05-25 12:29:30 UTC
Post by Min
I'm afraid that Paul Peters (aka the umra toad),
who long serving umrats may remember from umra
Sundays or the Archers Admirers' performances
on 'Only Connect' passed away after a long battle
with Cancer. I won't publish date and time of
funeral in case of lurking miscreants, but should
anyone be interested, leave your phobile number
here or text me on 07548081491. Goodbyes make my
throat hurt. I need more hellos.
Certainly remember Paul, but don’t recall ever hearing his surname.
Condolences to his family and yourself, Min.

Chris and McT
Rosalind Mitchell
2019-05-26 11:34:16 UTC
Post by Min
I'm afraid that Paul Peters (aka the umra toad),
who long serving umrats may remember from umra
Sundays or the Archers Admirers' performances
on 'Only Connect' passed away after a long battle
with Cancer. I won't publish date and time of
funeral in case of lurking miscreants, but should
anyone be interested, leave your phobile number
here or text me on 07548081491. Goodbyes make my
throat hurt. I need more hellos.
So sorry to hear this, Min!

Gosh, it's been a long time since those Umra Sundays. They were right
grand days out.

2019-05-26 23:08:00 UTC
On Sun, 26 May 2019 12:34:16 +0100, Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Gosh, it's been a long time since those Umra Sundays. They were right
grand days out.
Indeed!
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2019-05-30 16:18:23 UTC
Funeral within walking distance of here, so I hope to make it.
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2019-06-06 16:33:47 UTC
Actually I drove, having been warned the new chapels are _much_ higher up the hill than the old.
Nick Odell
2019-06-06 20:02:41 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Funeral within walking distance of here, so I hope to make it.
Actually I drove, having been warned the new chapels are _much_ higher up the hill than the old.
These days I find even established buildings appear to be further up the
hill than they used to be.

Nick
Min
2019-06-07 02:04:20 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Funeral within walking distance of here, so I hope to make it.
Actually I drove, having been warned the new chapels are _much_ higher up the hill than the old.
Sorry we didn't get to meet/talk, Tony. David K introduced himself. A lovely service, I thought, with standing room only. Did you go on to the Old Spot?
Min
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2019-06-07 08:53:46 UTC
Post by Min
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Funeral within walking distance of here, so I hope to make it.
Actually I drove, having been warned the new chapels are _much_ higher up the hill than the old.
Sorry we didn't get to meet/talk, Tony. David K introduced himself. A lovely service, I thought, with standing room only. Did you go on to the Old Spot?
--
Min
We did speak at the Old Spot, Min, though I didn't know your name till someone else addressed you.

I spent most of my time talking to Trinity friends of mine and Paul's and to our former colleagues from GCHQ and the Girton friends of Sue and of my own sister-in-law.
Min
2019-06-08 22:49:58 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
We did speak at the Old Spot, Min, though I didn't know your name till someone else addressed you.
I spent most of my time talking to Trinity friends of mine and Paul's and to our former colleagues from GCHQ and the Girton friends of Sue and of my own sister-in-law.
Oh, okay - did I know?
Somewhat puzzled Min...
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2019-06-09 07:33:35 UTC
Sorry, it was at the crem. Jill and I described where the pub was.
Min
2019-06-09 16:47:31 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Sorry, it was at the crem. Jill and I described where the pub was.
Placed you now, many thanks.
Min
Mike
2019-06-09 17:23:10 UTC
Post by Min
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Sorry, it was at the crem. Jill and I described where the pub was.
Placed you now, many thanks.
Min stands out in any crowd; her snipper riffle (and other armaments she
has in holsters and on her back) do rather give her away!
Min
2019-06-10 01:27:42 UTC
Min stands out in any crowd; her snipper riffle (and other armaments she
has in holsters and on her back) do rather give her away!
Wot 'e said....
Min
Chris McMillan