Strombones
2018-10-02 17:47:57 UTC
There's a jolly interesting letter in the Grauniad tonight on Strumpets,
Strombones and The Archers. Modesty forbids my mentioning how it got
there and you probably need to have been following the letters page for
the context. A bit like 35mm film cannisters and Morris Minor cars, then.

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2018/oct/02/football-strip-beats-boys-fusty-fashion

2018-10-02 18:54:02 UTC
There's a jolly interesting letter in the Grauniad tonight on Strumpets,
Strombones and The Archers. Modesty forbids my mentioning how it got
there and you probably need to have been following the letters page for
the context. A bit like 35mm film cannisters and Morris Minor cars, then.
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2018/oct/02/football-strip-beats-boys-fusty-fashion
Nick
I was just about to post "Local boy make good." but you beat me to it.

john
Dumrat
2018-10-03 08:03:57 UTC
There's a jolly interesting letter in the Grauniad tonight on Strumpets, Strombones and
The Archers. Modesty forbids my mentioning how it got there and you probably need to have
been following the letters page for the context. A bit like 35mm film cannisters and
Morris Minor cars, then.
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2018/oct/02/football-strip-beats-boys-fusty-fashion
Nick
Nice pair of knickers you flashed there, um, Nick.
--
Salaam Alaykum,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Dumrat
Sid Nuncius
Rosalind Mitchell
2018-10-06 11:28:39 UTC
There's a jolly interesting letter in the Grauniad tonight on Strumpets,
Strombones and The Archers. Modesty forbids my mentioning how it got
there and you probably need to have been following the letters page for
the context.
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2018/oct/02/football-strip-beats-boys-fusty-fashion
Just caught up with it. Well done that umrat!
Post by Nick Odell
A bit like 35mm film cannisters and Morris Minor cars, then.
Or indeed like signs and omens during the 1987 general election
campaign, triggered by <kf>my own observation of the Hampstead squirrel
that lost its footing and fell out of its tree on the day the election
was announced. </kf>

RnT
Chris McMillan