spoiler: 25th Oct
2019-10-25 18:08:18 UTC
Squirm! On all counts.

2019-10-25 20:59:00 UTC
On Fri, 25 Oct 2019 18:08:18 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by Chris McMillan
Squirm! On all counts.
Well they certainly packed a lot of outcomes into today's episode!
Sad about Oliver and Tracy. But I can see his point. He and she would
be thought the worst of. He for taking advantage of his power and she
for using the friendship to advance her career.

We knew scabby Alf was out for what he can get and he wants a
permanent place to live off the family. I bet there is no pot of gold
at the end of their rainbow. Also isn't Connor a male name?

Then the Hilda result. That was a fast wrap up of the story. From
missing to births in a week? Would Kate really be that clueless? Or
just wanted an excuse to get Jakob over. Peggy was cool.Very
irresponsible though to have an unneutered cat. Snappy should have
fixed Hilda ages ago. I suppose all the Ambridge children can have
kittens.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-10-25 21:56:13 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Squirm! On all counts.
Well they certainly packed a lot of outcomes into today's episode!
Sad about Oliver and Tracy. But I can see his point. He and she would
be thought the worst of. He for taking advantage of his power and she
for using the friendship to advance her career.
Indeed.
Post by Vicky Ayech
We knew scabby Alf was out for what he can get and he wants a
permanent place to live off the family. I bet there is no pot of gold
at the end of their rainbow. Also isn't Connor a male name?
I didn't hear "Connor" - can't remember what I did hear (Carina maybe?),
but - accompanied by the fact that it was in a pink envelope - I heard a
female name.
Post by Vicky Ayech
Then the Hilda result. That was a fast wrap up of the story. From
missing to births in a week? Would Kate really be that clueless? Or
just wanted an excuse to get Jakob over. Peggy was cool.Very
irresponsible though to have an unneutered cat. Snappy should have
Yes, I was surprised at that. _Maybe_ she'd assumed the previous owner
had - remember, Hilda came second-hand (I can't remember who from - was
it someone who died?). Might have checked, though.
Post by Vicky Ayech
fixed Hilda ages ago. I suppose all the Ambridge children can have
kittens.
Do you think the (white was it?) cat who brought (?) Hilda back is the
father?

... Sir David's ability to explain the science to a diverse audience ... while
both holding our attention and not making us feel too ignorant, must be unique
- Margaret Noakes of Tring, RT 2018/4/14-20
Sally Thompson
2019-10-25 22:24:50 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
We knew scabby Alf was out for what he can get and he wants a
permanent place to live off the family. I bet there is no pot of gold
at the end of their rainbow. Also isn't Connor a male name?
I didn't hear "Connor" - can't remember what I did hear (Carina maybe?),
but - accompanied by the fact that it was in a pink envelope - I heard a
female name.
It was Carmen.
Then the Hilda result. That was a fast wrap up of the story. From
missing to births in a week? Would Kate really be that clueless? Or
just wanted an excuse to get Jakob over. Peggy was cool.Very
irresponsible though to have an unneutered cat. Snappy should have
Yes, I was surprised at that. _Maybe_ she'd assumed the previous owner
had - remember, Hilda came second-hand (I can't remember who from - was
it someone who died?). Might have checked, though.
It was from her hairdresser.

I don't usually worry too much about departures from real life, but it's
obvious that the editor/writer knows zero about cats. Hilda has been with
Peggy for a few years, so if she hadn't been spayed would have come into
season several times. Believe me, you can't miss it, quite apart from all
the local toms calling.
2019-10-26 06:38:41 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
fixed Hilda ages ago. I suppose all the Ambridge children can have
kittens.
Do you think the (white was it?) cat who brought (?) Hilda back is the
father?
According to Piggoi, Hilda never goes out, err... Immaculate Catception???
Gestation is several months or more for cats innit? So, how come no-one
noticed a week or so ago that Hilda was getting ‘fat’? Darft plotline,
poorly executed - so should the cat be.
2019-10-26 07:59:38 UTC
On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 06:38:41 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Vicky Ayech
fixed Hilda ages ago. I suppose all the Ambridge children can have
kittens.
Do you think the (white was it?) cat who brought (?) Hilda back is the
father?
According to Piggoi, Hilda never goes out, err... Immaculate Catception???
Gestation is several months or more for cats innit? So, how come no-one
noticed a week or so ago that Hilda was getting ‘fat’? Darft plotline,
poorly executed - so should the cat be.
Hilda certainly used to go out - was it Brian who nearly ran her over?
Gestation is about 9 weeks, same as dogs. I think there are signs of
pregnancy after 2-3 weeks but if Hilda was not handled this may have gone
unnoticed.
2019-10-26 11:12:59 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
fixed Hilda ages ago. I suppose all the Ambridge children can have
kittens.
Do you think the (white was it?) cat who brought (?) Hilda back is the
father?
According to Piggoi, Hilda never goes out, err... Immaculate Catception???
Gestation is several months or more for cats innit? So, how come no-one
noticed a week or so ago that Hilda was getting ‘fat’? Darft plotline,
poorly executed - so should the cat be.
61 - 69 days or maybe as long as 72 days

One assumes this *is* Hilda? Alice and Krait got the wrong cat? I didn’t
think it sounded Hilda-ish enough myself

2019-10-26 14:26:20 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
fixed Hilda ages ago. I suppose all the Ambridge children can have
kittens.
Do you think the (white was it?) cat who brought (?) Hilda back is the
father?
According to Piggoi, Hilda never goes out, err... Immaculate Catception???
Gestation is several months or more for cats innit? So, how come no-one
noticed a week or so ago that Hilda was getting ‘fat’? Darft plotline,
poorly executed - so should the cat be.
61 - 69 days or maybe as long as 72 days
One assumes this *is* Hilda? Alice and Krait got the wrong cat? I didn’t
think it sounded Hilda-ish enough myself
I bet Christine Cardboard would recognise her (or not).

2019-10-28 16:53:26 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
fixed Hilda ages ago. I suppose all the Ambridge children can have
kittens.
Do you think the (white was it?) cat who brought (?) Hilda back is the
father?
According to Piggoi, Hilda never goes out, err... Immaculate Catception???
Gestation is several months or more for cats innit? So, how come no-one
noticed a week or so ago that Hilda was getting ‘fat’? Darft plotline,
poorly executed - so should the cat be.
61 - 69 days or maybe as long as 72 days
One assumes this *is* Hilda? Alice and Krait got the wrong cat? I didn’t
think it sounded Hilda-ish enough myself
I bet Christine Cardboard would recognise her (or not).
john
Indeedy John!
Sincerely Chris
Yes, I also feel CC would recognise her - if she were up to scratch at the
time.
2019-10-26 08:46:24 UTC
On Fri, 25 Oct 2019 22:56:13 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by Vicky Ayech
We knew scabby Alf was out for what he can get and he wants a
permanent place to live off the family. I bet there is no pot of gold
at the end of their rainbow. Also isn't Connor a male name?
I didn't hear "Connor" - can't remember what I did hear (Carina maybe?),
but - accompanied by the fact that it was in a pink envelope - I heard a
female name.
Yes I got that wrong
Then the Hilda result. That was a fast wrap up of the story. From
missing to births in a week? Would Kate really be that clueless? Or
just wanted an excuse to get Jakob over. Peggy was cool.Very
irresponsible though to have an unneutered cat. Snappy should have
Yes, I was surprised at that. _Maybe_ she'd assumed the previous owner
had - remember, Hilda came second-hand (I can't remember who from - was
it someone who died?). Might have checked, though.
Not neutered cats are in heat every 6 weeks I was told.(wrong?) and
pregnancy is 8 weeks. This all seems a bit odd.Nobody told the SWs?
Yes
Vicky Ayech
2019-10-26 11:02:43 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
fixed Hilda ages ago. I suppose all the Ambridge children can have
kittens.
Do you think the (white was it?) cat who brought (?) Hilda back is the
father?
Had a thought. What if that is not Hilda? It is an imposter cat! You
know the theory that there are multiple universes and occasionally
they clang together and a few things swop and get mixed up? This
Hilda might be from Elsewhere, a doppleganger. From a place where
Hilda came into season every 6 weeks, or maybe in that universe cats
didn't.

This could be a new genre that TA is moving into. They want to keep
the young audiences and rustic humour is not really doing it. Issues
are not that much. They have gone off piste to SF&F.