OT: good news
2018-12-24 14:38:33 UTC
Gd#2 was admitted to hospital yesterday. She'd been poorly for several days
with a fever and her mother, d#2, took her to a GP drop-in early yesterday
where she was diagnosed with a chest infection and, because there was
concern over low oxygen levels, she was packed off to the hospital in
Margate.

Being much better today she was sent home with the lovely bright quilt*
she'd been given to use during her stay and goodie bags for both herself
and her older sister.

Much relief all round, not least from S-i-L who I think had struggled a bit
to provide suitable food for gd#1 who has various gastric problems and a
restricted diet.

*I met a woman last year who is an active member of a charity group who
make quilts for sick children.
2018-12-24 15:27:00 UTC
Gd#2 was admitted to hospital yesterday. She'd been poorly for several days
with a fever and her mother, d#2, took her to a GP drop-in early yesterday
where she was diagnosed with a chest infection and, because there was
concern over low oxygen levels, she was packed off to the hospital in
Margate.
Being much better today she was sent home with the lovely bright quilt*
she'd been given to use during her stay and goodie bags for both herself
and her older sister.
Much relief all round, not least from S-i-L who I think had struggled a bit
to provide suitable food for gd#1 who has various gastric problems and a
restricted diet.
*I met a woman last year who is an active member of a charity group who
make quilts for sick children.
That must have been a worrying time for you all, glad things turned out OK.
2018-12-24 17:48:15 UTC
Gd#2 was admitted to hospital yesterday. She'd been poorly for several days
with a fever and her mother, d#2, took her to a GP drop-in early yesterday
where she was diagnosed with a chest infection and, because there was
concern over low oxygen levels, she was packed off to the hospital in
Margate.
Being much better today she was sent home with the lovely bright quilt*
she'd been given to use during her stay and goodie bags for both herself
and her older sister.
I'm so glad she is well enough to be home now, Penny. Hope you all
have a happy and relieved holiday time now.
Penny
2018-12-24 18:09:20 UTC
On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 17:48:15 +0000, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
Gd#2 was admitted to hospital yesterday. She'd been poorly for several days
with a fever and her mother, d#2, took her to a GP drop-in early yesterday
where she was diagnosed with a chest infection and, because there was
concern over low oxygen levels, she was packed off to the hospital in
Margate.
Being much better today she was sent home with the lovely bright quilt*
she'd been given to use during her stay and goodie bags for both herself
and her older sister.
I'm so glad she is well enough to be home now, Penny. Hope you all
have a happy and relieved holiday time now.
They didn't want her in the hospital any more than she and her mother
wanted to be there. I just hope she stays well enough and continues to
improve so they don't need to take her back.

I'm also pleased things have changed so much. When my children were in
hospital it was always 'visiting times only' and staying with them
overnight was not the norm although I was allowed to do so one time.
2018-12-24 19:40:37 UTC
Being much better today she was sent home with the lovely bright quilt*
she'd been given to use during her stay and goodie bags for both herself
and her older sister.
I'm glad she's doing much better and has been able to go home. I really
hope she keeps on recovering and they, and you, are able to thoroughly
enjoy Christmas!
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. (A.A. Milne)
Sid Nuncius
2018-12-25 08:04:44 UTC
Gd#2 was admitted to hospital yesterday. She'd been poorly for several days
with a fever and her mother, d#2, took her to a GP drop-in early yesterday
where she was diagnosed with a chest infection and, because there was
concern over low oxygen levels, she was packed off to the hospital in
Margate.
Being much better today she was sent home with the lovely bright quilt*
she'd been given to use during her stay and goodie bags for both herself
and her older sister.
Much relief all round, not least from S-i-L who I think had struggled a bit
to provide suitable food for gd#1 who has various gastric problems and a
restricted diet.
*I met a woman last year who is an active member of a charity group who
make quilts for sick children.
Phew! What a relief! Didn’t know about quilts for sick children. Claire
gave us a scare a couple of weeks ago with breathing difficulties with a
nasty cold. Had an ambulance ride but a nebuliser put her right and Hazel
is an old hand with the inhalers so they went home in the wee hours. All
fit now!