Dropped Story Lines
2018-10-28 17:21:01 UTC
It struck me this morning that not only have we not heard of Lexi's
return we haven't heard any of the (at least) four people with a vested
interest in her return (Roy, Adam, Ian, Jennifer) fretting about her
whereabouts. Have the two storylines been quietly dropped?

And what other threads have been left hanging loose?

2018-10-28 18:30:35 UTC
On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 17:21:01 +0000, John Ashby <***@yahoo.com>
It struck me this morning that not only have we not heard of Lexi's
return we haven't heard any of the (at least) four people with a vested
interest in her return (Roy, Adam, Ian, Jennifer) fretting about her
whereabouts. Have the two storylines been quietly dropped?
And what other threads have been left hanging loose?
We've heard little from Gray Gables lately - is Oliver still moping around
or has he sloped off to see his daughter?
Has Kathy decided to retire - I think she turned 65 last January and must
be eligible for state pension - or has Jamie attacked her with a chainsaw
before topping himself and nobody's noticed yet?
Have Kirsty and Umbrella drowned in the wetlands?
Is Will coping with bereavement and kids? What happened about Jake? I've
forgotten if that was resolved or not.
2018-10-28 18:43:33 UTC
It struck me this morning that not only have we not heard of Lexi's
return we haven't heard any of the (at least) four people with a vested
interest in her return (Roy, Adam, Ian, Jennifer) fretting about her
whereabouts. Have the two storylines been quietly dropped?
And what other threads have been left hanging loose?
We've heard little from Gray Gables lately - is Oliver still moping around
or has he sloped off to see his daughter?
Has Kathy decided to retire - I think she turned 65 last January and must
be eligible for state pension - or has Jamie attacked her with a chainsaw
before topping himself and nobody's noticed yet?
Have Kirsty and Umbrella drowned in the wetlands?
Is Will coping with bereavement and kids? What happened about Jake? I've
forgotten if that was resolved or not.
Cafe probably hasn’t applied for her pension, we have heard nothing from
her on the subject.
Robin Stevens
2018-10-28 20:25:36 UTC
We've heard little from Gray Gables lately - is Oliver still moping around
or has he sloped off to see his daughter?
Has Kathy decided to retire - I think she turned 65 last January and must
be eligible for state pension - or has Jamie attacked her with a chainsaw
before topping himself and nobody's noticed yet?
Have Kirsty and Umbrella drowned in the wetlands?
Is Will coping with bereavement and kids? What happened about Jake? I've
forgotten if that was resolved or not.
And what happened to Lewis?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/kHJvvtHmZD7dQXXgGLTjvh/lewis-carmichael
still lists him as residing at Lower Loxley, but Elizabeth was recently
referring to being on her own there now. I don't recall hearing any
mention of him in years. Has he been forgotten about?
krw
2018-10-28 23:26:17 UTC
Post by Robin Stevens
Post by Penny
We've heard little from Gray Gables lately - is Oliver still moping around
or has he sloped off to see his daughter?
Has Kathy decided to retire - I think she turned 65 last January and must
be eligible for state pension - or has Jamie attacked her with a chainsaw
before topping himself and nobody's noticed yet?
Have Kirsty and Umbrella drowned in the wetlands?
Is Will coping with bereavement and kids? What happened about Jake? I've
forgotten if that was resolved or not.
And what happened to Lewis?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/kHJvvtHmZD7dQXXgGLTjvh/lewis-carmichael
still lists him as residing at Lower Loxley, but Elizabeth was recently
referring to being on her own there now. I don't recall hearing any
mention of him in years. Has he been forgotten about?
Keri said on Twitter that Lewis was living quietly at LL.
2018-10-29 08:32:25 UTC
Post by Robin Stevens
Post by Penny
We've heard little from Gray Gables lately - is Oliver still moping around
or has he sloped off to see his daughter?
Has Kathy decided to retire - I think she turned 65 last January and must
be eligible for state pension - or has Jamie attacked her with a chainsaw
before topping himself and nobody's noticed yet?
Have Kirsty and Umbrella drowned in the wetlands?
Is Will coping with bereavement and kids? What happened about Jake? I've
forgotten if that was resolved or not.
And what happened to Lewis?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/kHJvvtHmZD7dQXXgGLTjvh/lewis-carmichael
still lists him as residing at Lower Loxley, but Elizabeth was recently
referring to being on her own there now.  I don't recall hearing any
mention of him in years.  Has he been forgotten about?
Keri said on Twitter that Lewis was living quietly at LL.
And not banging any doors, or Elizabeth, hence the comment that she is
"on her own"...
Sally Thompson
2018-10-29 08:59:18 UTC
Post by Robin Stevens
Post by Penny
[...]
Well presumably Elizabeth (and her children when at home) lives in a
self-contained flat, and Lewis lives elsewhere in LL, so she is indeed on
her own.
2018-10-29 09:18:55 UTC
Post by Robin Stevens
Post by Penny
[...]
So ‘eleswhere’ in fact that he hasn’t noticed how things are falling apart
at LL; did he not have some sort of influence in how things worked at LL at
one time?
2018-10-29 09:46:03 UTC
Post by Robin Stevens
Post by Penny
[...]
Did he have something to do with running the picture gallery and
orangery?
Serena Blanchflower
2018-10-29 11:45:48 UTC
Post by Robin Stevens
Post by Penny
[...]
Yes, certainly the picture gallery. I'd definitely expect him to be
forming part of Lizzie's support network at the moment or, if now too
old or frail to be of assistance to be an extra weight on her shoulders.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. (A.A. Milne)
Mike
2018-10-29 08:40:46 UTC
Post by Robin Stevens
Post by Penny
We've heard little from Gray Gables lately - is Oliver still moping around
or has he sloped off to see his daughter?
Has Kathy decided to retire - I think she turned 65 last January and must
be eligible for state pension - or has Jamie attacked her with a chainsaw
before topping himself and nobody's noticed yet?
Have Kirsty and Umbrella drowned in the wetlands?
Is Will coping with bereavement and kids? What happened about Jake? I've
forgotten if that was resolved or not.
And what happened to Lewis?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/kHJvvtHmZD7dQXXgGLTjvh/lewis-carmichael
still lists him as residing at Lower Loxley, but Elizabeth was recently
referring to being on her own there now. I don't recall hearing any
mention of him in years. Has he been forgotten about?
Lizzie mentioned Lewis a few weeks ago.
Robin Stevens
2018-11-01 16:09:00 UTC
Post by Robin Stevens
And what happened to Lewis?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/kHJvvtHmZD7dQXXgGLTjvh/lewis-carmichael
still lists him as residing at Lower Loxley, but Elizabeth was recently
referring to being on her own there now. I don't recall hearing any
mention of him in years. Has he been forgotten about?
Lizzie mentioned Lewis a few weeks ago.
I sit corrected. Must have missed that.

Chris McMillan
2018-10-29 10:00:17 UTC
Post by Robin Stevens
Post by Penny
We've heard little from Gray Gables lately - is Oliver still moping around
or has he sloped off to see his daughter?
Has Kathy decided to retire - I think she turned 65 last January and must
be eligible for state pension - or has Jamie attacked her with a chainsaw
before topping himself and nobody's noticed yet?
Have Kirsty and Umbrella drowned in the wetlands?
Is Will coping with bereavement and kids? What happened about Jake? I've
forgotten if that was resolved or not.
And what happened to Lewis?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/kHJvvtHmZD7dQXXgGLTjvh/lewis-carmichael
still lists him as residing at Lower Loxley, but Elizabeth was recently
referring to being on her own there now. I don't recall hearing any
mention of him in years. Has he been forgotten about?
I misheard Lily for Lewis in the closing moments the other night.

2018-10-28 23:27:52 UTC
Is Will coping with bereavement and kids? What happened about Jake? I've
forgotten if that was resolved or not.
I think it was resolved by Neil having a fatherly chat with Will saying
that the kids were bound to struggle and if Will went legal the kids
would struggle more. And Jake was doing well with the shared parenting
and was interested in keeping so Will let it drop.
2018-10-29 00:00:23 UTC
It struck me this morning that not only have we not heard of Lexi's
return we haven't heard any of the (at least) four people with a vested
interest in her return (Roy, Adam, Ian, Jennifer) fretting about her
whereabouts. Have the two storylines been quietly dropped?
And what other threads have been left hanging loose?
Similarly I am confused by the hens. I thought Josh had decided to get
out of hens at the same time as the Foulbrethern because there was a lot
more money in machinery. However Jill said he still had his hens (which
he remembered to shut up but not hers) and now he has pictures of her
hens on his hens website (because they are prettier or some such).

Does anyone else recall him giving up his hens?
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. (A.A. Milne)
krw
2018-10-29 13:40:42 UTC
Similarly I am confused by the hens.  I thought Josh had decided to
get out of hens at the same time as the Foulbrethern because there was
a lot more money in machinery.  However Jill said he still had his
hens (which he remembered to shut up but not hers) and now he has
pictures of her hens on his hens website (because they are prettier or
some such).
Does anyone else recall him giving up his hens?
Yes.
So it is down to the incompetent editor allowing him to have his hens
and eat them then?
2018-10-29 13:44:06 UTC
Similarly I am confused by the hens.  I thought Josh had decided to
get out of hens at the same time as the Foulbrethern because there
was a lot more money in machinery.  However Jill said he still had
his hens (which he remembered to shut up but not hers) and now he has
pictures of her hens on his hens website (because they are prettier
or some such).
Does anyone else recall him giving up his hens?
Yes.
So it is down to the incompetent editor allowing him to have his hens
and eat them then?
I refer the honourable umrat to the answer I gave earlier...
The 'good life' begins when you stop wanting a better one (Nkosiphambili
E. Molapis)
Mike
2018-10-29 15:44:42 UTC
Similarly I am confused by the hens.  I thought Josh had decided to
get out of hens at the same time as the Foulbrethern because there was
a lot more money in machinery.  However Jill said he still had his
hens (which he remembered to shut up but not hers) and now he has
pictures of her hens on his hens website (because they are prettier or
some such).
Does anyone else recall him giving up his hens?
Yes.
So it is down to the incompetent editor allowing him to have his hens
and eat them then?
Then they have come home to roost....
2018-10-29 14:10:36 UTC
It struck me this morning that not only have we not heard of Lexi's
return we haven't heard any of the (at least) four people with a vested
interest in her return (Roy, Adam, Ian, Jennifer) fretting about her
whereabouts. Have the two storylines been quietly dropped?
And what other threads have been left hanging loose?
I think Lexi was being a Latvian doctor working as a locum in Liverpool
last week.
2018-10-29 14:18:11 UTC
Post by LFS
I think Lexi was being a Latvian doctor working as a locum in Liverpool
last week.
Have there been a lot (well, 2, anyway) of Latvian doctors working as
locums in the north of England lately? Or did you mean Blackpool?
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
LFS
2018-10-29 14:20:58 UTC
Post by LFS
I think Lexi was being a Latvian doctor working as a locum in
Liverpool last week.
Have there been a lot (well, 2, anyway) of Latvian doctors working as
locums in the north of England lately?  Or did you mean Blackpool?
Ah, I certainly thought I'd typed Blackpool and read it back as
Blackpool. Jet lag, I'm afraid. <goes off to check all emails sent today>
2018-10-29 16:25:27 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by John Ashby
It struck me this morning that not only have we not heard of Lexi's
return we haven't heard any of the (at least) four people with a
vested interest in her return (Roy, Adam, Ian, Jennifer) fretting
about her whereabouts. Have the two storylines been quietly dropped?
And what other threads have been left hanging loose?
I think Lexi was being a Latvian doctor working as a locum in Liverpool
last week.
I'll be your Latvian Locum in Liverpool
You'll be my sunshine daisy from L-Ayyy

Erme - is it only me then?

As you were..

2018-10-29 18:01:27 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by John Ashby
It struck me this morning that not only have we not heard of Lexi's
return we haven't heard any of the (at least) four people with a
vested interest in her return (Roy, Adam, Ian, Jennifer) fretting
about her whereabouts. Have the two storylines been quietly dropped?
And what other threads have been left hanging loose?
I think Lexi was being a Latvian doctor working as a locum in
Liverpool last week.
I'll be your Latvian Locum in Liverpool
You'll be my sunshine daisy from L-Ayyy
I am not sure that I will ever be able to forgive you for planting that
Crime Against Humanity in my head as an earworm.
2018-10-29 18:54:52 UTC
Post by LFS
I think Lexi was being a Latvian doctor working as a locum in
Liverpool last week.
I'll be your Latvian Locum in Liverpool You'll be my sunshine daisy
from L-Ayyy
I am not sure that I will ever be able to forgive you for planting that
Crime Against Humanity in my head as an earworm.
Damn, damn, damn - it's weapons grade, isn't it?
2018-11-01 16:04:15 UTC
It struck me this morning that not only have we not heard of Lexi's
return we haven't heard any of the (at least) four people with a vested
interest in her return (Roy, Adam, Ian, Jennifer) fretting about her
whereabouts. Have the two storylines been quietly dropped?
And what other threads have been left hanging loose?
john
Spoilers indicate that we will soon have news of Lexi.