Any experts on Wikipedia mark-up present?
Add Reply
Peter
2021-01-12 16:40:13 UTC
If so, please look at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additive_increase/multiplicative_decrease#Mathematical_Formula
and read

during time slot t, a ( a > 0) be the

Is it my imagination or is the first 'a' smaller than the second one?
If it is, why? Both are inside <math>...</math>.
--
When, once, reference was made to a statesman almost universally
recognized as one of the villains of this century, in order to
Ernst Specker on Paul Bernays
John Ashby
2021-01-12 16:57:28 UTC
Post by Peter
If so, please look at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additive_increase/multiplicative_decrease#Mathematical_Formula
and read
    during time slot t, a ( a > 0) be the
Is it my imagination or is the first 'a' smaller than the second one? If
it is, why?  Both are inside <math>...</math>.
Use of ctrl+ to enlarge suggests they are the same size. I think it's an
optical illusion caused by the parenthesis. Somewhat like the two lines
Post by Peter
---<
<--->

which doesn't work in ASCII but I'm sure you know the one I mean.

john
Peter
2021-01-12 17:00:14 UTC
Post by Peter
If so, please look at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additive_increase/multiplicative_decrease#Mathematical_Formula
and read
     during time slot t, a ( a > 0) be the
Is it my imagination or is the first 'a' smaller than the second one?
If it is, why?  Both are inside <math>...</math>.
Use of ctrl+ to enlarge suggests they are the same size. I think it's an
optical illusion caused by the parenthesis.
Yes, I think you're right.
Post by John Ashby
Somewhat like the two lines
Post by Peter
---<
<--->
Paul Herber
2021-01-12 16:58:15 UTC
Post by Peter
If so, please look at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additive_increase/multiplicative_decrease#Mathematical_Formula
and read
during time slot t, a ( a > 0) be the
Is it my imagination or is the first 'a' smaller than the second one?
If it is, why? Both are inside <math>...</math>.
Looks fine to me. If your browser supports it, use Ctrl+ to change the scale of the page
being viewed, that would certainly show if the two characters were different. They look
exactly the same at large magnifications.
--
Regards, Paul Herber
https://www.paulherber.co.uk/