OT: Unfortunate phrases
2019-10-29 16:24:57 UTC
From today's Times:

"To stick to the spirit of the Fixed-term Parliaments Act, if not quite
the letter, having one Christmas election should entail us always having
Christmas elections from here on, for ever. In time the two concepts
could begin to bleed together. “But why does the man dressed as Jeremy
Corbyn want me to sit on his knee?” the frightened children will ask at
the polling-station-cum-grotto."

Cum grotto ? Corbyn ? Where's the mind-bleach...
Nick Odell
2019-10-29 17:02:57 UTC
On Tue, 29 Oct 2019 16:24:57 +0000, BrritSki
Post by BrritSki
"To stick to the spirit of the Fixed-term Parliaments Act, if not quite
the letter, having one Christmas election should entail us always having
Christmas elections from here on, for ever. In time the two concepts
could begin to bleed together. “But why does the man dressed as Jeremy
Corbyn want me to sit on his knee?” the frightened children will ask at
the polling-station-cum-grotto."
Cum grotto ? Corbyn ? Where's the mind-bleach...
Similarly, once seen, this knitware pattern can't be unseen
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/shortcuts/2019/oct/28/what-a-boob-why-this-fair-isle-jumper-is-turning-heads-fatface

2019-10-29 17:43:47 UTC
Post by BrritSki
"To stick to the spirit of the Fixed-term Parliaments Act, if not quite
the letter, having one Christmas election should entail us always having
Christmas elections from here on, for ever. In time the two concepts
could begin to bleed together. “But why does the man dressed as Jeremy
Corbyn want me to sit on his knee?” the frightened children will ask at
the polling-station-cum-grotto."
Cum grotto ? Corbyn ? Where's the mind-bleach...
Similarly, once seen, this knitware pattern can't be unseen
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/shortcuts/2019/oct/28/what-a-boob-why-this-fair-isle-jumper-is-turning-heads-fatface
Nick
Personally, I’m a knight of the garter - and haven’t a clue what you are
envisaging! ;-)))