The flood episode
2020-05-16 20:42:02 UTC
I've just listened to this episode and feel it was one where the SWs
once again didn't realise this is radio not tv. I found it very
confusing. Someone on fb did post an account of what happened which I
found very helpful
Spoiler

Tuesday 3rd March
Lynda has lost Scruff, while Hilary Knoakes makes an entrance.
Jill, Carol, Lynda, Clarrie, Alan, David, Harrison, Rob, Shula,
Christine, Alistair
Jill and Carol discuss Hilary Knoakes' overly dramatic reaction to the
flooding. Grange Spinney is flooded and the streets are running with
water but Hilary is safe in the church hall.
Clarrie arrives at Lynda's to find her searching for Scruff. He
slipped out of the open door and Lynda heard him barking and then no
sound. Robert is off leading the llamas to higher ground. Lynda is
fussing about wanting to move things in her flooded house but Clarrie
insists that they leave for safety. Lynda finally faces the
desperation of their situation and must leave Scruff and Robert to
their fates.
Many villagers have taken refuge in the church hall when the electrics
go out. Alan calms the distressed folk. Jill worries about David and
Pip on the farm but no one knows Pip is alone with the cows. David
cannot get back to her now.
Rob is not helpful with the other rescuers David and Harrison. Rob
resorts to threats and anger instead of pitching in to do what's
necessary. He questions Harrison's every directive and snarls that no
one appointed the policeman as leader. Rob then insists on taking a
boat against advice and rages that he will go on his own to rescue
Shula, Alistair and Christine.
Rob reaches them but his angry approach when conducting the rescue
results in his falling and hitting his head. Alistair has no choice
but to row Shula and Christine by himself with Rob in the bottom of
the boat.
Alan is talking to Jill when Freda runs out into the dark to drive
home, worried about Bert. Alan, Carol and Jill find a frightened Freda
when her car stalls in the water. The car becomes water borne and it
is clear that no one can leave the church hall and they can't be
rescued.
krw
2020-05-16 22:44:30 UTC
I've just listened to this episode and feel it was one where the SWs
once again didn't realise this is radio not tv. I found it very
confusing.
It was pure SoC who was TV through and through. A completely wrong
appointment as editor who destroyed much of the TA life.
2020-05-16 23:05:57 UTC
I've just listened to this episode and feel it was one where the SWs
once again didn't realise this is radio not tv. I found it very
confusing.
I haven't listened again, but I remember thinking that at the time.
Post by krw
It was pure SoC who was TV through and through. A completely wrong
appointment as editor who destroyed much of the TA life.
Yes, this wasn't an unfamiliar problem around that time.

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when
they're in trouble again.