testing and trying
2020-10-11 18:29:50 UTC
I’ve got a sparkling new iPad, but will it post? I have seen mails, so I
know it was downloading earlier.

2020-10-11 19:56:55 UTC
I’ve got a sparkling new iPad, but will it post? I have seen mails, so I
know it was downloading earlier.
Has anyone heard from Chris? She seems to have gone silent.
2020-10-13 15:25:11 UTC
I’ve got a sparkling new iPad, but will it post? I have seen mails, so I
know it was downloading earlier.
Has anyone heard from Chris? She seems to have gone silent.
I wuz silenced but now McT has sorted it. T’was he who installed Newstap
for me.

2020-10-13 16:17:41 UTC
I’ve got a sparkling new iPad, but will it post? I have seen mails, so I
know it was downloading earlier.
Has anyone heard from Chris? She seems to have gone silent.
I wuz silenced but now McT has sorted it. T’was he who installed Newstap
for me.
Sincerely Chris
Though not sure that we have the iPads synced for browsing.
2020-10-11 20:04:08 UTC
On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 at 18:29:50, Chris McMillan
Post by Chris McMillan
I’ve got a sparkling new iPad, but will it post? I have seen mails, so I
know it was downloading earlier.
Sincerely Chris
Sending and receiving emails sometimes use two different servers - which
in theory can even have two different usernames and passwords, though it
isn't necessarily so.

I'm talking of POP (receiving) and SMTP (sending), the older protocol;
IMAP, the more modern one, I know less about, and webmail even less.

Who are your email providers - same as your internet provider, or
something like gmail accessed by webmail?

It's certainly possible to have incoming set up correctly but outgoing
not, or vice versa. There may also be a protocol that needs selecting
somewhere. There is a conversation between your email client and the
server in which messages like "authentication required" are visible, but
such conversations are usually not visible these days (unless your
client has the option to let you see a "logging window" or similar, or
to create a log file).

What's awful about weird views is not the views. It's the intolerance. If
someone wants to worship the Duke of Edinburgh or a pineapple, fine. But don't
kill me if I don't agree. - Tim Rice, Radio Times 15-21 October 2011.
Sid Nuncius
2020-10-12 07:15:00 UTC
I’ve got a sparkling new iPad, but will it post? I have seen mails, so I
know it was downloading earlier.
Pardon?
--
Sid