So farewell then....
2018-11-21 08:16:14 UTC
Roy Bailey

I remember listening to you when you played at Southend Folk Club in the
Blue Boar. Your songs of social conscience helped to develop one in me.
I don't know that you left this world a better place than you found it
but you had a damn good try.

2018-11-21 09:27:31 UTC
Roy Bailey
I remember listening to you when you played at Southend Folk Club in the
Blue Boar. Your songs of social conscience helped to develop one in me.
I don't know that you left this world a better place than you found it
but you had a damn good try.
He will be much missed. His message was the more powerful for the
gentle way it was delivered.

One of the most memorable events I ever attended had Roy, Si Kahn
and Judy Small on the bill. It was one afternoon at Sidmouth, in
the incongruously gloomy setting of Carinas nightclub.

As the audience filed out into the sunshine, everyone looked
slightly dazed by the experience.

***@cdixon.me.uk
Plant amazing Acers.
Steve Hague
2018-11-21 12:09:24 UTC
Roy Bailey
I remember listening to you when you played at Southend Folk Club in the
Blue Boar. Your songs of social conscience helped to develop one in me.
I don't know that you left this world a better place than you found it
but you had a damn good try.
Nick
I first got to hear him because he worked at Sheffield Polytechnic with
my SIL. We had the album he made with Leon Rosselson.