Stephen Tilley, RIP
Add Reply
Hellerat
2021-09-20 17:39:00 UTC
From Facebook today:

Cancer Update:
Sadly Stephen Tilley passed away at 12:15pm on Sunday 19th September.
This account will stay active for those who wish to say goodbye and will eventually be
stopped at the end of the year.
I'm certain he'd like you all to know there was no unnecessary suffering at the end and he
died with his wife Christine by his side. Thank you all for previous kind words. As per
Stephens wishes, there will be no ceremony/flowers etc.
Anne, fellow past Suburbitonrat.
Sid Nuncius
2021-09-20 17:57:44 UTC
Post by Hellerat
Sadly Stephen Tilley passed away at 12:15pm on Sunday 19th September.
This account will stay active for those who wish to say goodbye and will
eventually be stopped at the end of the year.
I'm certain he'd like you all to know there was no unnecessary suffering
at the end and he died with his wife Christine by his side. Thank you
all for previous kind words. As per Stephens wishes, there will be no
ceremony/flowers etc.
Thank you Anne and Vicky for posting this news.

Very sad. Stephen was a good man and a much-valued umrat. I have been
missing him and shall continue to miss him.

Go well, MOPMOB, and thank you.
--
Sid
2021-09-20 21:23:25 UTC
On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 18:57:44 +0100, Sid Nuncius
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Hellerat
Sadly Stephen Tilley passed away at 12:15pm on Sunday 19th September.
This account will stay active for those who wish to say goodbye and will
eventually be stopped at the end of the year.
I'm certain he'd like you all to know there was no unnecessary suffering
at the end and he died with his wife Christine by his side. Thank you
all for previous kind words. As per Stephens wishes, there will be no
ceremony/flowers etc.
Thank you Anne and Vicky for posting this news.
Very sad. Stephen was a good man and a much-valued umrat. I have been
missing him and shall continue to miss him.
Go well, MOPMOB, and thank you.
May I piggyback onto your words, please, Sid? I couldn't say it any
better and I wouldn't say it any different.

Nick
Min
2021-09-21 02:37:17 UTC
Post by Hellerat
Sadly Stephen Tilley passed away at 12:15pm on Sunday 19th September.
This account will stay active for those who wish to say goodbye and will
eventually be stopped at the end of the year.
I'm certain he'd like you all to know there was no unnecessary suffering
at the end and he died with his wife Christine by his side. Thank you
all for previous kind words. As per Stephens wishes, there will be no
ceremony/flowers etc.
Thank you Anne and Vicky for posting this news.
Very sad. Stephen was a good man and a much-valued umrat. I have been
missing him and shall continue to miss him.
Go well, MOPMOB, and thank you.
--
Sid
Thanks to the family, Vicky and Anne for this communication. As always,
Sid provided the perfect words, so I too would like to piggyback.
Min
Chris

Mrs McT
Ben Blaney
2021-09-20 21:38:31 UTC
Oh that is sad. Stephen was a key contributor during my formative years on UMRA, and my impression was that he was a good man.
Serena Blanchflower
2021-09-21 12:41:40 UTC
Post by Hellerat
Sadly Stephen Tilley passed away at 12:15pm on Sunday 19th September.
This account will stay active for those who wish to say goodbye and will
eventually be stopped at the end of the year.
I'm certain he'd like you all to know there was no unnecessary suffering
at the end and he died with his wife Christine by his side. Thank you
all for previous kind words. As per Stephens wishes, there will be no
ceremony/flowers etc.
I've passed the comments from Sid, Nick, Min and Ben on to Facebook, so
that Christopher and Christine can see them.
Q. What song did Cinderella sing as she waited four months for her
photos to come back from the chemist?
A. 'Some day my prints will come!'
Sid Nuncius
2021-09-21 15:41:34 UTC
Post by Hellerat
Sadly Stephen Tilley passed away at 12:15pm on Sunday 19th September.
This account will stay active for those who wish to say goodbye and
will eventually be stopped at the end of the year.
I'm certain he'd like you all to know there was no unnecessary
suffering at the end and he died with his wife Christine by his side.
Thank you all for previous kind words. As per Stephens wishes, there
will be no ceremony/flowers etc.
I've passed the comments from Sid, Nick, Min and Ben on to Facebook, so
that Christopher and Christine can see them.
Thank you, Serena.
--
Sid
Min
2021-09-21 23:41:14 UTC
Post by Hellerat
Sadly Stephen Tilley passed away at 12:15pm on Sunday 19th September.
This account will stay active for those who wish to say goodbye and
will eventually be stopped at the end of the year.
I'm certain he'd like you all to know there was no unnecessary
suffering at the end and he died with his wife Christine by his side.
Thank you all for previous kind words. As per Stephens wishes, there
will be no ceremony/flowers etc.
I've passed the comments from Sid, Nick, Min and Ben on to Facebook, so
that Christopher and Christine can see them.
Thank you, Serena.
--
Sid
Many thanks, Serena.