Plans for reversion to 6 - in two stages, or all at once?
2021-07-15 16:40:26 UTC
Anyone know - is the plan to return to 6 episodes in one go, or two? If
the latter, whether we'll get Friday or Sunday back first?

Intelligence isn't complete without the full picture and the full picture is
all about doubt. Otherwise, you go the way of George Bush. - baroness Eliza
Manningham-Buller (former head of MI5), Radio Times 3-9 September 2011.
Mike McMillan
2021-07-15 17:08:41 UTC
Anyone know - is the plan to return to 6 episodes in one go, or two? If
the latter, whether we'll get Friday or Sunday back first?
If just 5 epis., then I suspect a very weak end still.
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Serena Blanchflower
2021-07-15 19:08:18 UTC
Anyone know - is the plan to return to 6 episodes in one go, or two? If
the latter, whether we'll get Friday or Sunday back first?
Keri mentioned on Twitter, some time ago, that he was writing a 5
episode week. This strongly suggests that we will, initially, be going
to 5 episodes per week before, with luck, getting back to the full 6
episodes per week.

I don't know which evening will have the new episode but I hope that
it'll be Friday night. Sunday evenings feel different from weekdays, so
it doesn't feel too wrong not to have TA. Fridays, on the other hand,
keep tripping me up, as the schedule feels the same as other weekday
evenings, but there's no TA!
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Mike McMillan
2021-07-16 07:14:58 UTC
On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 20:08:18 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Anyone know - is the plan to return to 6 episodes in one go, or two? If
the latter, whether we'll get Friday or Sunday back first?
Keri mentioned on Twitter, some time ago, that he was writing a 5
episode week. This strongly suggests that we will, initially, be going
to 5 episodes per week before, with luck, getting back to the full 6
episodes per week.
I don't know which evening will have the new episode but I hope that
it'll be Friday night. Sunday evenings feel different from weekdays, so
it doesn't feel too wrong not to have TA. Fridays, on the other hand,
keep tripping me up, as the schedule feels the same as other weekday
evenings, but there's no TA!
I quite like just 4 a week. It feels like a holiday of 3 nights.
In which case, you could have a ‘7 night holiday’ every week Vicky! ;-)))
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2021-07-16 16:35:26 UTC
On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 at 07:14:58, Mike McMillan
[]
Post by Mike McMillan
I quite like just 4 a week. It feels like a holiday of 3 nights.
Exactly the same here ...
Post by Mike McMillan
In which case, you could have a ‘7 night holiday’ every week Vicky! ;-)))
... and I've been waiting for someone to say that (-:! And I've
certainly considered it, frequently. But it seems a pity to break a
35-year-plus habit. (Even if _sometimes_ it does feel like another sort
of "habit".) Plus - though no criticism is implied of otherrats who
_have_ taken that step - I'd want to remain part of UMRA, and _I_ would
feel a bit of a fraud (and be unable to participate in on-topic threads,
however rare they are).

After all is said and done, usually more is said.
Vicky Ayech
2021-07-16 16:39:06 UTC
On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 07:14:58 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
[...]
Well no as I want to know what is happening to them all.

Penny
2021-07-16 13:18:57 UTC
On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 22:08:02 +0100, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...
On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 20:08:18 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Anyone know - is the plan to return to 6 episodes in one go, or two? If
the latter, whether we'll get Friday or Sunday back first?
Keri mentioned on Twitter, some time ago, that he was writing a 5
episode week. This strongly suggests that we will, initially, be going
to 5 episodes per week before, with luck, getting back to the full 6
episodes per week.
I don't know which evening will have the new episode but I hope that
it'll be Friday night. Sunday evenings feel different from weekdays, so
it doesn't feel too wrong not to have TA. Fridays, on the other hand,
keep tripping me up, as the schedule feels the same as other weekday
evenings, but there's no TA!
I quite like just 4 a week. It feels like a holiday of 3 nights.
I just want to Monday lunchtime repeat to return. The variation of the
schedule for Monday's afternoon drams still trips me up.

This week, Digiguide pretended the BBC had finally seen sense and put the
15 minute programme on at 2pm, instead of 2:45 - they lied :(
2021-07-16 14:18:53 UTC
[...]
They keep nuggering about with the Monday schedule for the ‘drama’; seems
to be down to someone’s whim.
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Penny
2021-07-16 15:47:01 UTC
On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 14:18:53 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
Post by Mike McMillan
[...]
As a regular watcher of the BBC1 lunchtime 'soap' 13:45 - 14:15 (currently
on its summer break but has been working a 4-day week like TA since its
return last year) which always fitted nicely with the R4 schedule, it's
been boodly annoying!