Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - week ending 13th November 2020
2020-11-07 16:48:33 UTC

Cast :
Ben Archer - Ben Norris
Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
Brian Aldridge - Charles Collingwood
Jennifer Aldridge - Angela Piper
Alice Carter - Hollie Chapman
Ruairi Donovan - Arthur Hughes
Jazzer McCreary - Ryan Kelly
Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
Johnny Phillips - Tom Gibbons
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Robert Snell - Graham Blockey

Director : Kim Greengrass
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer - Liz John
Writer - Katie Hims

Spoilers:
Monday 9th - Ruairi makes a shocking discovery and Lynda is on a mission.
Tuesday 10th - The stars align for Helen and Brian is on the warpath.
Wednesday 11th - Ben is surprised by an unexpected revelation and
Jennifer admits her concerns.
Thursday 12th - Jennifer faces a ghost from the past, while Johnny puts
his foot in it.
2020-11-07 18:09:50 UTC
Ben Archer - Ben Norris
Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
Brian Aldridge - Charles Collingwood
Jennifer Aldridge - Angela Piper
Alice Carter - Hollie Chapman
Ruairi Donovan - Arthur Hughes
Jazzer McCreary - Ryan Kelly
Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
Johnny Phillips - Tom Gibbons
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Robert Snell - Graham Blockey
Director : Kim Greengrass
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer - Liz John
Writer - Katie Hims
Monday 9th - Ruairi makes a shocking discovery and Lynda is on a mission.
Does Ruairi find Alice's empties?
I think from other spoilers Lynda is going to help Freddie persuade
the villagers to take part in the Christmas thing at LL
Post by carolet
Tuesday 10th - The stars align for Helen and Brian is on the warpath.
I am guessing she sees Lee but they bore me.
Brian might be annoyed if he hears ALice was drinking, or maybe Debbie
is still in danger of losing her job.,
Post by carolet
Wednesday 11th - Ben is surprised by an unexpected revelation and
Jennifer admits her concerns.
His contact at uni tells him she is gay
Jennifer tells Brian she is worried about Alice's moods
Post by carolet
Thursday 12th - Jennifer faces a ghost from the past, while Johnny puts
his foot in it.
Jennifer rememebrs her father was an alcoholic and wonders if Alice
inherited this from him
Johnny asks Freddie how the signing people up to perform is going
carolet
2020-11-08 14:15:56 UTC
Ben Archer - Ben Norris
Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
Brian Aldridge - Charles Collingwood
Jennifer Aldridge - Angela Piper
Alice Carter - Hollie Chapman
Ruairi Donovan - Arthur Hughes
Jazzer McCreary - Ryan Kelly
Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
Johnny Phillips - Tom Gibbons
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Robert Snell - Graham Blockey
Director : Kim Greengrass
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer - Liz John
Writer - Katie Hims
Monday 9th - Ruairi makes a shocking discovery and Lynda is on a mission.
Does Ruairi find Alice's empties?
I think from other spoilers Lynda is going to help Freddie persuade
the villagers to take part in the Christmas thing at LL
Knowing that Ruairi is 18 next week, I wondered whether Siobhan had left
him a letter to be opened on his birthday, and that letter contained
some shocking information. I have checked when Ruairi's birth date is,
though, and he was born on the 14th, so that doesn't quite fit.
Post by carolet
Thursday 12th - Jennifer faces a ghost from the past, while Johnny puts
his foot in it.
Jennifer rememebrs her father was an alcoholic and wonders if Alice
inherited this from him
Johnny asks Freddie how the signing people up to perform is going
The alcoholic inheritance does make a lot of sense, but another ghost in
Jenny's past is Siobhan, which might fit in with Ruairi revealing what
he discovered on Monday. But this is still before his birthday, so I
think not, on the whole.
2020-11-08 21:33:55 UTC
On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 14:15:56 +0000, carolet <***@gmail.com>
[...]
But the 14th is on Saturday (no TA) and, if there is some sort of trust
which will come to him on his 18th birthday, it would not be unreasonable
for a Solicitor's letter to arrive for him on the Monday before.
2020-11-09 12:39:31 UTC
But the 14th is on Saturday (no TA) and, if there is some sort of trust
which will come to him on his 18th birthday, it would not be unreasonable
for a Solicitor's letter to arrive for him on the Monday before.
But a Trust is unlikely to be a shocking discovery. And he must have
been told that his parents were not married at the time. We also assume
he has been popping off to Ireland to see his maternal grandparents so
what can there be that is "shocking". The whole village knows the story.
2020-11-09 13:27:15 UTC
But the 14th is on Saturday (no TA) and, if there is some sort of trust
which will come to him on his 18th birthday, it would not be unreasonable
for a Solicitor's letter to arrive for him on the Monday before.
But a Trust is unlikely to be a shocking discovery.  And he must have
been told that his parents were not married at the time.  We also assume
he has been popping off to Ireland to see his maternal grandparents so
what can there be that is "shocking".  The whole village knows the story.
That Siobhan is alive and well and living in Guatemala with Nelson Gabriel.

2020-11-09 13:37:22 UTC
But the 14th is on Saturday (no TA) and, if there is some sort of trust
which will come to him on his 18th birthday, it would not be
unreasonable
for a Solicitor's letter to arrive for him on the Monday before.
But a Trust is unlikely to be a shocking discovery.  And he must have
been told that his parents were not married at the time.  We also
assume he has been popping off to Ireland to see his maternal
grandparents so what can there be that is "shocking".  The whole
village knows the story.
That Siobhan is alive and well and living in Guatemala with Nelson Gabriel.
john
Brian attended the funeral?
2020-11-09 14:11:59 UTC
But the 14th is on Saturday (no TA) and, if there is some sort of trust
which will come to him on his 18th birthday, it would not be unreasonable
for a Solicitor's letter to arrive for him on the Monday before.
But a Trust is unlikely to be a shocking discovery.  And he must have
been told that his parents were not married at the time.  We also assume
he has been popping off to Ireland to see his maternal grandparents so
what can there be that is "shocking".  The whole village knows the story.
That Siobhan is alive and well and living in Guatemala with Nelson Gabriel.
john
Yes, she had a huge win on that ‘orse she jointly owned with Briony but she
‘inadvertently’ forgot to tell him about the win. I think they have
invested the winnings with Matt and are living happily ever after - but
Shovehorn has no time in her life for Rouriadddidad so is not disclosing
her whereabouts to the family solicitor.
2020-11-09 20:20:43 UTC
But the 14th is on Saturday (no TA) and, if there is some sort of trust
which will come to him on his 18th birthday, it would not be unreasonable
for a Solicitor's letter to arrive for him on the Monday before.
But a Trust is unlikely to be a shocking discovery.  And he must have
been told that his parents were not married at the time.  We also assume
he has been popping off to Ireland to see his maternal grandparents so
what can there be that is "shocking".  The whole village knows the story.
"Wow a Taser!. Thanks Dad!"
2020-11-09 21:17:23 UTC
Knowing that Ruairi is 18 next week, I wondered whether Siobhan had left
him a letter to be opened on his birthday, and that letter contained
some shocking information. I have checked when Ruairi's birth date is,
though, and he was born on the 14th, so that doesn't quite fit.
Congratulations on the shine you got on that crystal ball!
There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast. (Anon)
Vicky Ayech
2020-11-09 21:59:07 UTC
On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 21:17:23 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
Knowing that Ruairi is 18 next week, I wondered whether Siobhan had left
him a letter to be opened on his birthday, and that letter contained
some shocking information. I have checked when Ruairi's birth date is,
though, and he was born on the 14th, so that doesn't quite fit.
Congratulations on the shine you got on that crystal ball!
Am I being picky to think his reaction unlikely? It would be very
touching to hear his mum's voice but why so upset? My dad died when I
was seven. Iwould have loved a cd of him talking as I can't remember
his voice either. They didn't have a way to record voices easily
then.1952.
Serena Blanchflower
2020-11-10 15:12:27 UTC
On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 21:17:23 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
Knowing that Ruairi is 18 next week, I wondered whether Siobhan had left
him a letter to be opened on his birthday, and that letter contained
some shocking information. I have checked when Ruairi's birth date is,
though, and he was born on the 14th, so that doesn't quite fit.
Congratulations on the shine you got on that crystal ball!
Am I being picky to think his reaction unlikely? It would be very
touching to hear his mum's voice but why so upset? My dad died when I
was seven. Iwould have loved a cd of him talking as I can't remember
his voice either. They didn't have a way to record voices easily
then.1952.
I think his reaction sounded pretty plausible to me. He doesn't come
across as being someone who is particularly in touch with his feelings
and he's probably buried a lot of his feelings about his mother pretty
deeply. Particularly as he won't have been able to talk about her much
with Brian and Jenny as he was growing up. This CD could easily stir up
a lot of stuff that he's been avoiding for years.
A pun is its own reword (anon)
krw
2020-11-10 15:37:59 UTC
Particularly as he won't have been able to talk about her much with
Brian and Jenny as he was growing up.
I remember Biriani taking Ruari up the Millennium woods and showing him
some where they could talk about his mother without bothering Jenny
Dahling or he could go on his own. Biriani made it clear that he wanted
to be able to talk about his mistress to his son.
2020-11-10 17:10:18 UTC
Particularly as he won't have been able to talk about her much with
Brian and Jenny as he was growing up.
I remember Biriani taking Ruari up the Millennium woods and showing him
some where they could talk about his mother without bothering Jenny
Dahling or he could go on his own.  Biriani made it clear that he wanted
to be able to talk about his mistress to his son.
But that's by no means the same as Ruari talking about his mother with
Brian. I can't imagine Brian having anything like the empathetic skill
set to listen to his son.

2020-11-11 10:42:31 UTC
Particularly as he won't have been able to talk about her much with
Brian and Jenny as he was growing up.
I remember Biriani taking Ruari up the Millennium woods and showing
him some where they could talk about his mother without bothering
Jenny Dahling or he could go on his own. Biriani made it clear that
he wanted to be able to talk about his mistress to his son.
But that's by no means the same as Ruari talking about his mother with
Brian. I can't imagine Brian having anything like the empathetic skill
set to listen to his son.
Exactly. As Brian proved last night, he has precisely zero empathy.
Yes, he did recognise that Ruairi would need to talk about his Mum but
that's very diferent from actually being able to, in practice.
If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style. (Quentin Crisp)
Vicky Ayech
2020-11-11 12:16:28 UTC
On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 10:42:31 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
Particularly as he won't have been able to talk about her much with
Brian and Jenny as he was growing up.
I remember Biriani taking Ruari up the Millennium woods and showing
him some where they could talk about his mother without bothering
Jenny Dahling or he could go on his own. Biriani made it clear that
he wanted to be able to talk about his mistress to his son.
But that's by no means the same as Ruari talking about his mother with
Brian. I can't imagine Brian having anything like the empathetic skill
set to listen to his son.
Exactly. As Brian proved last night, he has precisely zero empathy.
Yes, he did recognise that Ruairi would need to talk about his Mum but
that's very diferent from actually being able to, in practice.
Jenny was excellent. She moved at once into mum mode,as if he were a
real child of hers. I wish Alice would cofide in her. We like to sneer
at her but she has not had a pampered time all her life. Publican's
daughter, drinkard dad, mum did support her though through two
pregnancies.
Chris McMillan
2020-11-10 11:20:45 UTC
Knowing that Ruairi is 18 next week, I wondered whether Siobhan had left
him a letter to be opened on his birthday, and that letter contained
some shocking information. I have checked when Ruairi's birth date is,
though, and he was born on the 14th, so that doesn't quite fit.
Congratulations on the shine you got on that crystal ball!
Our thoughts entirely: and the modern twist.

2020-11-10 11:38:28 UTC
Knowing that Ruairi is 18 next week, I wondered whether Siobhan had left
him a letter to be opened on his birthday, and that letter contained
some shocking information. I have checked when Ruairi's birth date is,
though, and he was born on the 14th, so that doesn't quite fit.
Congratulations on the shine you got on that crystal ball!
Our thoughts entirely: and the modern twist.
Sincerely Chris
Doubt that they would bring the actress in just to record such a message; I
suspect we will just hear a report of the message.
2020-11-10 15:12:59 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Knowing that Ruairi is 18 next week, I wondered whether Siobhan had left
him a letter to be opened on his birthday, and that letter contained
some shocking information. I have checked when Ruairi's birth date is,
though, and he was born on the 14th, so that doesn't quite fit.
Congratulations on the shine you got on that crystal ball!
Our thoughts entirely: and the modern twist.
Sincerely Chris
Doubt that they would bring the actress in just to record such a message; I
suspect we will just hear a report of the message.
That certainly seems the most likely. It's possible though that they'll
have got their sound engineers busy and used snippets of Siobhan
talking, from 18 or so years ago.
No society can legitimately call itself civilised if a sick person is
denied medical aid because of lack of means. (Aneurin Bevan)
Chris McMillan
2020-11-11 11:46:22 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Knowing that Ruairi is 18 next week, I wondered whether Siobhan had left
him a letter to be opened on his birthday, and that letter contained
some shocking information. I have checked when Ruairi's birth date is,
though, and he was born on the 14th, so that doesn't quite fit.
Congratulations on the shine you got on that crystal ball!
Our thoughts entirely: and the modern twist.
Sincerely Chris
Doubt that they would bring the actress in just to record such a message; I
suspect we will just hear a report of the message.
I meant the medium used for the message. Not giving any secrets away till
you force me to.

2020-11-11 15:00:55 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Knowing that Ruairi is 18 next week, I wondered whether Siobhan had left
him a letter to be opened on his birthday, and that letter contained
some shocking information. I have checked when Ruairi's birth date is,
though, and he was born on the 14th, so that doesn't quite fit.
Congratulations on the shine you got on that crystal ball!
Our thoughts entirely: and the modern twist.
Sincerely Chris
Doubt that they would bring the actress in just to record such a message; I
suspect we will just hear a report of the message.
I meant the medium used for the message. Not giving any secrets away till
you force me to.
Sincerely Chris
She'll need a medium to get a message through the veil. Or Marshall McLuhan.

2020-11-11 21:19:16 UTC
She'll need a medium to get a message through the veil. Or Marshall McLuhan.
'Bout time that man was promoted.
2020-11-12 09:57:28 UTC
In a field ?
Mike McMillan
2020-11-12 08:16:17 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Knowing that Ruairi is 18 next week, I wondered whether Siobhan had left
him a letter to be opened on his birthday, and that letter contained
some shocking information. I have checked when Ruairi's birth date is,
though, and he was born on the 14th, so that doesn't quite fit.
Congratulations on the shine you got on that crystal ball!
Our thoughts entirely: and the modern twist.
Sincerely Chris
Doubt that they would bring the actress in just to record such a message; I
suspect we will just hear a report of the message.
I meant the medium used for the message. Not giving any secrets away till
you force me to.
Sincerely Chris
She'll need a medium to get a message through the veil. Or Marshall McLuhan.
john
Why marshalling, is he out of line?