asda safety
2020-09-25 08:37:49 UTC
https://www.asda.com/shopping-safely-with-asda
Up to now many customers and most staff had no masks and although
aisles were one-way people had to go down other ways to get to what
they needed. Many chatting groups got inthe way. But I go very early
if I go so it was not too busy.This sounds stricter.
Penny
2020-09-25 09:42:51 UTC
On Fri, 25 Sep 2020 09:37:49 +0100, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
https://www.asda.com/shopping-safely-with-asda
Up to now many customers and most staff had no masks and although
aisles were one-way people had to go down other ways to get to what
they needed. Many chatting groups got inthe way. But I go very early
if I go so it was not too busy.This sounds stricter.
We don't have an ASDA (and I haven't followed the link).

One of the problems I've had in the stores I have been in is the one-way
systems. Morrisons doesn't have one and it was there I witnessed two staff
members, masks pulled down onto their chins to talk to each other. I also
saw a customer pull his mask down in order to scratch the inside of his
nose before picking something off the shelf with the same hand.

Those that do have one-way systems have problems - Pound Stretcher, a huge
store, getting to the things you want to look at without walking up and
down the whole store can be tricky.

Lidl, the customers largely ignore the signs on the floor and there is not
enough room between aisles and tills to get to the ends of the aisles
nearest the checkouts when there are customers queueing - there are seldom
more than 2 tills open when I go and even at quiet times that isn't always
enough.

I think the worst thing is allowing family groups in. This wasn't allowed a
few months back but now I meet groups of three or four people together,
either blocking the whole aisle or all going in different directions and
returning to the trolley - chaos :(
2020-09-25 10:07:38 UTC
https://www.asda.com/shopping-safely-with-asda
Up to now many customers and most staff had no masks and although
aisles were one-way people had to go down other ways to get to what
they needed.
Tesco's stopped the 1 way system and restricted numbers some weeks ago.
But mask wearing has been widespread for months too.
tiny hadron
2020-09-25 12:08:46 UTC
https://www.asda.com/shopping-safely-with-asda
Up to now many customers and most staff had no masks and although
aisles were one-way people had to go down other ways to get to what
they needed. Many chatting groups got in the way. But I go very early
if I go so it was not too busy.This sounds stricter.
The original regulations exempted shop staff. It was only yesterday's
amendment that removed that exemption from them and, I think, shop
delivery people too. Though I think they can still make use of a reasonable
excuse. According to an article in the Grocer, the stores are also trying,
apparently successfully, to have their perspex screens included in the
regulation as an alternative to masks. There are also reports of the
supermarkets getting itchy about stockpiling, so I guess crowding might
start getting a problem again for a while, whenever the panic sets in.

The face mask regulations, fully updated yesterday I think, are at
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/791/contents .