This has been a ‘psa’
2019-07-10 13:56:30 UTC
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in here
and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
2019-07-10 14:38:37 UTC
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in here
and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
I hope all goes well.
2019-07-10 14:39:00 UTC
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in
here and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
All the very best to you, McToodles.
2019-07-10 14:54:24 UTC
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in
here and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
All the very best to you, McToodles.
And in around 7 weeks time, as long as my ears remain wax free on a daily
diet of medication, I will be given two hearing aids. Grumpy ol’ git meets
deaf grumpy ol’ git? :)

Good luck to you both...
Dumrat
2019-07-10 16:07:45 UTC
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in
here and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
All the very best to you, McToodles.
And in around 7 weeks time, as long as my ears remain wax free on a daily
diet of medication, I will be given two hearing aids. Grumpy ol’ git meets
deaf grumpy ol’ git?  :)
Good luck to you both...
MTAAW. You might want to stay hearing-aid less a bit longer, though, Chris, at least until
Mike's treatment's over!
--
Salaam Alaykum,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Dumrat
Mike
Paul Herber
2019-07-10 20:30:39 UTC
Post by Dumrat
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in
here and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
All the very best to you, McToodles.
And in around 7 weeks time, as long as my ears remain wax free on a daily
diet of medication, I will be given two hearing aids. Grumpy ol’ git meets
deaf grumpy ol’ git?  :)
Good luck to you both...
MTAAW. You might want to stay hearing-aid less a bit longer, though, Chris, at least until
Mike's treatment's over!
I heard that! ;-)))
Parden?
--
Regards, Paul Herber
http://www.paulherber.co.uk/
Chris McMillan

2019-07-15 14:09:32 UTC
Post by Dumrat
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in
here and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
All the very best to you, McToodles.
And in around 7 weeks time, as long as my ears remain wax free on a daily
diet of medication, I will be given two hearing aids. Grumpy ol’ git meets
deaf grumpy ol’ git?  :)
Good luck to you both...
And from here also.
Post by Dumrat
MTAAW. You might want to stay hearing-aid less a bit longer, though,
Chris, at least until Mike's treatment's over!
Make sure the hearing devices have an "off" switch: Liliana's dad found
that a blessing on many occasions

2019-07-15 15:02:35 UTC
Post by Dumrat
MTAAW. You might want to stay hearing-aid less a bit longer, though,
Chris, at least until Mike's treatment's over!
Make sure the hearing devices have an "off" switch: Liliana's dad found
that a blessing on many occasions
Nick
Don’t worry, her ears have an ‘off’ switch too;-)
2019-07-10 15:25:30 UTC
And in around 7 weeks time, as long as my ears remain wax free on a daily
diet of medication, I will be given two hearing aids. Grumpy ol’ git meets
deaf grumpy ol’ git?:)
Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never
forgotten this. (Anon)
BrritSki
2019-07-10 15:27:24 UTC
Speak up Serena, I didn't catch that.....
Serena Blanchflower
2019-07-10 15:37:18 UTC
And in around 7 weeks time, as long as my ears remain wax free on a daily
diet of medication, I will be given two hearing aids. Grumpy ol’ git meets
deaf grumpy ol’ git?:)
Speak up Serena, I didn't catch that.....
Oh, what happened there‽

Hope those help you Chris :)
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no
difference between them: in practice there usually is.(Arnold Kraakman)
Kate B
2019-07-10 15:52:24 UTC
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in
here and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
All the very best to you, McToodles.
And in around 7 weeks time, as long as my ears remain wax free on a daily
diet of medication, I will be given two hearing aids. Grumpy ol’ git meets
deaf grumpy ol’ git? :)
Sincerely Chris
I have had two friends who have undergone the hormone treatment
successfully - one remained more or less calm and collected throughout,
the other didn't. Their wives were both heroic :) The hearing aids will
make such a difference, Chris. When you've both come through all this
life should be fabulous! All very best wishes to you both.
2019-07-10 18:01:55 UTC
Post by Kate B
[...]
Thanks, Kate. Still have the aged step ma’s world to deal with too.

2019-07-10 15:24:40 UTC
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in here
and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
I'm glad to hear that it hasn't made its escape and I hope the treatment
goes well.
Q. What was the tortoise doing on the motorway?
A. About 1 mph.
the Omrud
2019-07-10 16:23:09 UTC
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in here
and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
Best wishes for the treatment - I hope it all goes well.
David
Penny
2019-07-10 20:51:57 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Mike
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in here
and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
Best wishes for the treatment - I hope it all goes well.
From MTAAW.
And me. I have a friend for whom that treatment was extremely
successful. (He's been fine for several years now, touch wood.) May
the same be true of you.
Thanks for all your good wishes and messages Umrats one and all! I’ve been
listening to the Diary of Adrian Mole; the ‘Prostrate’ years recently but,
I think, and hope the similarities stop there!!! Poor Mrs. McToodles is I
fear, the one who will come off worse though ;-)
2019-07-11 10:27:27 UTC
Thanks for all your good wishes and messages Umrats one and all! I’ve been
listening to the Diary of Adrian Mole; the ‘Prostrate’ years recently but,
I think, and hope the similarities stop there!!! Poor Mrs. McToodles is I
fear, the one who will come off worse though ;-)
As this is a family newsgroup perhaps you should be careful about
sharing what else you, ahem, "get up" to [1]. ;)

[1] Or don't.
Mike
2019-07-11 11:23:44 UTC
Thanks for all your good wishes and messages Umrats one and all! I’ve been
listening to the Diary of Adrian Mole; the ‘Prostrate’ years recently but,
I think, and hope the similarities stop there!!! Poor Mrs. McToodles is I
fear, the one who will come off worse though ;-)
As this is a family newsgroup perhaps you should be careful about
sharing what else you, ahem, "get up" to [1]. ;)
[1] Or don't.
Not sure I could reply wittily to that but, give it a while and something
may pop up!
Clive Arthur
2019-07-14 16:53:56 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Mike
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in here
and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
Best wishes for the treatment - I hope it all goes well.
 From MTAAW.
And me.  I have a friend for whom that treatment was extremely
successful.  (He's been fine for several years now, touch wood.)
That is the traditional preventative...
May he same be true of you.
Cheers
Clive
Vicky Ayech
2019-07-10 16:48:12 UTC
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in here
and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
Good that it has not spread and all the best for the treatment and
outcome.xx#
SODAM
2019-07-10 19:42:47 UTC
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in here
and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
Dear Toodles, I hope your treatment goes smoothly and successfully. We will
all be keen to hear how it is going. Have you laid in sufficient reading
material in case you are indisposed? And booked an hour or two in the
Chocolate Bunker?
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Mike
2019-07-10 20:46:15 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Mike
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in here
and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
Dear Toodles, I hope your treatment goes smoothly and successfully. We will
all be keen to hear how it is going. Have you laid in sufficient reading
material in case you are indisposed? And booked an hour or two in the
Chocolate Bunker?
Only ‘an hour or two’????? BLOODY amateurs!
Paul Herber
2019-07-10 20:28:28 UTC
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in here
and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
All the best Mr. McT
--
Regards, Paul Herber
http://www.paulherber.co.uk/
vk
Yes indeedy, all the best.
Sam Plusnet
2019-07-10 20:56:19 UTC
Post by vk
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Mike
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
What d’ya’ mean? I’m being impossible - it is not me, it *IS* hot in here
and I’m not irritable - it is everyone else! ;-)))
All the best Mr. McT
Yes indeedy, all the best.
Well quite. Do keep a stiff upper lip old chap.
(Not too sure I got that bit quite right)
SODAM
2019-07-12 11:40:22 UTC
Well quite. Do keep a stiff upper lip old chap.
(Not too sure I got that bit quite right)
BTN!
Sid Nuncius
2019-07-12 18:21:45 UTC
Well quite. Do keep a stiff upper lip old chap.
(Not too sure I got that bit quite right)
BTN!
MV, I fear. Bottoms nomination noted, of course.
2019-07-10 20:56:10 UTC
Yeap my turn to mean the other psa now!
Just to let Umrats know, I have been having tests, my prostate has
contained the cancer and it has not spread anywhere else. Now started
taking daily hormone treatment and will have radiotherapy in due course.
One of my friends, now known as superhero Radio-Active Man, has recently
had some Iodine 125 capsules injected to treat his prostate cancer. He
seems to be doing well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brachytherapy

Best wishes Mike, and I hope it all goes well for you.